Cultivated Reef

Reefer 350

HarryPotter

HarryPotter

Things look great Harry !!

Thanks! Did a water change today so polyps looked really nice and extended

send me those acros in your pics! not the frags...hahahah

We'll see... Depending if I can keep up with everything when in college. I would rather send them offt than watch them decline. But sadly for you the tank is pretty stable haha and I think it'll be fine with maintenance every 2 weeks
HarryPotter

Everything looks healthy & happy and it's nice when you know you can do a little automatic pilot.

Everything except the leather corals. They all bail... The ones with rubber bands split under the pressure and are MIA

I think only solution is a big piece rather than two inch frag

Just send them not attached to anything. They're fine to ship that way.

• Like 1

Just send them not attached to anything. They're fine to ship that way.

Yeah, just do a 2" frag and send it. I'l figure a way to secure it.

• Like 1
HarryPotter

I spent a while with the camera and iMovie and made a brief video of the tank, let me know what you think! Watch the whole thing, its under 2 minutes :P

• Like 5
HarryPotter

Great video, those close ups are amazing! :)

Thanks! Extension tubes from eBay

You're getting so good at these videos & pictures!!! You've got this down!!

Thanks! Never can get anything "down" in this hobby :lol: just preventing a crash one day at a time

Don't ya love when you start noticing some changes in your rock flowers, whether it's barbs that showed up on the tentacles over night or the color of the mouth is turning to something unexpected, or changes in the colors. Here's to hoping for some spawning since it's the solstice tomorrow!!!.

HarryPotter

Don't ya love when you start noticing some changes in your rock flowers, whether it's barbs that showed up on the tentacles over night or the color of the mouth is turning to something unexpected, or changes in the colors. Here's to hoping for some spawning since it's the solstice tomorrow!!!.

I hope so too!!!! What time of day is it most likely? Does that even apply given that our lighting (or mine at least) is on a constant amount of hours per day?

Probably not any certain time. Seems like it can happen just prior to or after Regardless of lighting schedule I believe. I can be and so can my dog, be antsy on full moon night and not realize until days later that it was a full moon. So it's that uneasiness that I can assume prompts a spawning. I had some that spawned and then next time it was a different 3. Seems to me like 2" and above is when I saw spawning. Mine happened at lights out or almost lights out. I'm just happy my tank is in full view of me all the time. When I had it in the basement I thought it would be ok but I missed seeing them every day.

HarryPotter

Probably not any certain time. Seems like it can happen just prior to or after Regardless of lighting schedule I believe. I can be and so can my dog, be antsy on full moon night and not realize until days later that it was a full moon. So it's that uneasiness that I can assume prompts a spawning. I had some that spawned and then next time it was a different 3. Seems to me like 2" and above is when I saw spawning. Mine happened at lights out or almost lights out. I'm just happy my tank is in full view of me all the time. When I had it in the basement I thought it would be ok but I missed seeing them every day.

I have 5 or 6 all 3"+ right next to eachother, I hope they spawn! I'll keep my eye out!

This baby is a bit smaller than a dime

E84B8844-66C9-4029-BA25-78129D87DF5F_zps

• Like 1

It's pretty with light pink inside, some lavender & white. I'm one of those that doesn't find any baby ugly. I even love the brown ones.

HarryPotter

I spent a while with the camera and iMovie and made a brief video of the tank, let me know what you think! Watch the whole thing, its under 2 minutes :P

I'll bring my video to the new page since it took me over an hour to shoot and put together :lol:

It's pretty with light pink inside, some lavender & white. I'm one of those that doesn't find any baby ugly. I even love the brown ones.

I like them too. It's fun to hunt for babies with a blue flashlight at night :)

Do you spot feed the babies? I haven't done it yet

• HarryPotter changed the title to Reefer 350