Pod Your Reef

Reefer 350

HarryPotter

HarryPotter

Hey Harold, which ASD Phoenix do you have? The orange with blue polyps one....

The fancy one that gets red and orange and shit as the bumps develop ?

The fancy one that gets red and orange and shit as the bumps develop

Not helping Harold.............

Your tank looks great BTW...

HarryPotter

Not helping Harold.............

Your tank looks great BTW...

Thanks man!

HM I don't know the fancy schpancy names haha, I just post pictures and people tell ME what they are :lol:

Thanks man!

HM I don't know the fancy schpancy names haha, I just post pictures and people tell ME what they are :lol:

:mellow:

Also, your new Acan is wonderful looking and the acro colony you sent me is still kicking!

HarryPotter

:mellow:

Also, your new Acan is wonderful looking and the acro colony you sent me is still kicking!

Thanks and I'm glad to hear that! You think it was a flow issue at first?

Thanks and I'm glad to hear that! You think it was a flow issue at first?

Could be but for some reason it doesn't sound right, all the SPS RTN'd at the same time...

HarryPotter

You're doing really well Harry! How are my leather frags doing? I just put up FTS on my tank.

One eaten by anemone other doing fine :o so need to cut another

JavaJacketOC

Harry, what made you decide on this Bulb combo: Coral +, Blue +, Coral +, Purple +, Blue +, Coral + ?

I've seen a lot of people using 4 Blue +, 1 Purple + and something else but most of the combos seem to have 4 Blue +

I'm about to add 2 T5 's to my LED and trying to decide if I should use a Coral + as one of them.

Elizabeth94

I really love your BTA. Everything is looking real nice in there. Seems like you might need another upgrade soon in the future.

HarryPotter

Harry, what made you decide on this Bulb combo: Coral +, Blue +, Coral +, Purple +, Blue +, Coral + ?

I've seen a lot of people using 4 Blue +, 1 Purple + and something else but most of the combos seem to have 4 Blue +

I'm about to add 2 T5 's to my LED and trying to decide if I should use a Coral + as one of them.

The "BLUE!" look is really unattractive to me. I like my reef to look as if it was under sunlight most of the time, not as if you have an artificial blue alien watching from above. You might have noticed from my pictures; the corals show their colors without the need for blasting blues to make them fluoresce.

However with a hybrid you have the ability to adjust channels individually so I don't think you could go wrong.. But still a Coral+ would be my recommendation to squash shadowing and maintain a natural look while you adjust blues with the LEDs.

I really love your BTA. Everything is looking real nice in there. Seems like you might need another upgrade soon in the future.

Lol no this was the final upgrade... When stuff starts touching the glass I'll have to start fragging! :o

• Like 1

Or it went missing, either or. Glue+leathers doesn't always go well :(

Or it went missing, either or. Glue+leathers doesn't always go well :(

No, glue doesn't work on them. Lightly attach with a rubber band or wrap a piece of mesh around the leather and the frag plug to hold it in place. It will attach on its own in about a week.

• Like 1
FlowerMama

No, glue doesn't work on them. Lightly attach with a rubber band or wrap a piece of mesh around the leather and the frag plug to hold it in place. It will attach on its own in about a week.

I haven't glued anyone of mine down. They're all on frag plugs. I just want to be sure where they're all going first then I'll glue the plug down.

• Like 1
HarryPotter

Amazing pictures!!

Thanks!

I love macro shots of cross. This is why!

Corals?

Thanks! It's eBay extension tubes on the stock lens

• HarryPotter changed the title to Reefer 350