Top Shelf Aquatics

Reefer 350

HarryPotter

I'll order one, thanks.

Anyway... If the return pump is bad that hurts. I believe about a year old, Reef Octopus will hopefully warranty it

Yeah the new apex has had some issues for sure but hey it's a new product.

I'm pretty happy with mine, I don't see a need to upgrade: only benefit would be the individual power monitoring as I have all the other equipment already :)

Yea I wouldn't get the new Apex if I already had one. I was in the market for a controller for my new build and decided I might as well get the latest one.

HarryPotter

Yea I wouldn't get the new Apex if I already had one. I was in the market for a controller for my new build and decided I might as well get the latest one.

You've seen the Vertex Cerebra? Looks promising. Anyway I would wait till the last minute to order your controller, no point having it laying in a box while becoming outdated ;)

That's about 12 watts or so, which is really unrealistic. Get a kill a watt ;)

Jedi this doesn't make sense :lol: now my tank is 79 like normal it just overheats like 1am to 7am when lights are OFF

I can check my refugium light but still the return is running 27/4 so I shouldn't see this issue just 1-7

HarryPotter

Set up a night vision camera in your room to record from 1am to 7am....

Paranormal Activity: Reef Zone

Tomorrow morning I'll post my temperature graph. I'm confused as hell :)

You've seen the Vertex Cerebra? Looks promising. Anyway I would wait till the last minute to order your controller, no point having it laying in a box while becoming outdated ;)

Yep I looked at it and not sure how I feel about it. I love Android, but with it being the first version and all I was more comfortable with the Apex. I didn't want to beta test for them. Of course the new Apex is also turning into a beta test, not unexpected with a new launch. Ordering the tank, Apex and some other parts from LFS in 2 weeks since he gave me some decent deals. He is going to deliver it all about 2 weeks after that.

HarryPotter

Started out a bit under 2", now is ~3.5. Ive had it for 429 days :)

IMG_0364_zps08qhfk5o.jpg

Throwback to my first tank! Still have most; frogspawn, pipe organ, polyps, sunset montipora, etc. The single polyp of green radioactive dragon eyes on the top right is now a 50 polyp colony! Frogspawn has went from a single head to 6, traded those brown zoas. Pretty good...

IMG_0445_zpse4zmxc0y.jpg

See the single green polyp on the top right?

It's turned into this...zoas are evil!

42CBD762-C1F7-4F06-A8FA-AEB5452EEFE2_zps

• Like 1
HarryPotter

do you feed your zoas? mine likes to die.

Not at all. They seem to grow anywhere whether in a ULNS 0.00 PO4/NO3 stage or higher nutrients when I over feed.

Used to struggle with zoas under LED, but now with T5 they're weeds. I hesitate to put any on my rocks because they take over :(

HarryPotter

Frag rack looks good but it's out of space for all of my acropora mini colonies and frags that I now keep on the sand bed.

36B00B70-A4C6-4029-A6AF-F25427FEEB27_zps

HarryPotter

Harry what's that monti???? Send me sum ;)

What montipora?

The one on a rack is Phoenix montipora, from VooDoo corals. Not really for sale, it's a stupid investment that I paid one "0" too much for ?

HarryPotter

iPhone photo since colors are 'poppin!

The red cap is a monster! I keep it trimmed away from the left so it doesn't attack anything

F44F5CDD-04DC-4F9F-ADAA-465A352A576B_zps

• Like 5
HarryPotter

Tank is looking sexy!

Thanks!!! My current goal is to get 100% of corals off the sand bed. I think it'll look great with just the islands surrounded by sand rather than a ton of frags scattered around! Ordered an XL frag rack on eBay so it'll take a few weeks lol

Extra zero huh lol. I'll wait for a bit for any extra zero's on my tank.... Awaiting another insert ninja emoji lighting secret

HarryPotter

Extra zero huh lol. I'll wait for a bit for any extra zero's on my tank.... Awaiting another insert ninja emoji lighting secret

Nice! I go back and forth with wanting a NanoBox retrofit and being really happy with my light. I have no complaints with my Sunpower; colors and growth is great, I like the two plugs, etc:

• Like 1
HarryPotter

I found one of my favorite acropora, the Battle Corals Rainbow in Spain, under my anemone :(

Looks like a bit of it is still alive, so Ill let it sit on the rack a while. Think I should trim it?

8D3BC3AF-AB83-4052-ACB1-14B86747D7C3_zps

Its cool but even after quadrupling in size really small lol

61AAF077-473E-4353-BC57-48290E746C3E_zps

This acro is promising

7603ADD1-0E4A-4AA7-8EE4-4994744A0719_zps

I almost lost my prized grafted cap- just started to STN after being stung- but now its coming back and the graft is still there :)

6266E0E5-8B0A-4266-8A9F-FA12F416C271_zps

Fuzzy monster remains... fuzzy

BBCA34DF-C572-4235-B093-FB6ED6D69770_zps

• Like 3
HarryPotter

is it normal for CO-1 to be noisy first day?

I didn't have it the "first day" really, I received it after a few months in use and gave it a good cleaning with water and vinegar. What sort of noise? Air? Bubbles? Resonance?

I didn't have it the "first day" really, I received it after a few months in use and gave it a good cleaning with water and vinegar. What sort of noise? Air? Bubbles? Resonance?

resonance. i wonder if i didn't screw everything tight enough. it's more of a vibration noise.

HarryPotter

Nice. Where from?

A member here who hasent posted much

resonance. i wonder if i didn't screw everything tight enough. it's more of a vibration noise.

Could be that, or perhaps your skimmer stand is behaving badly? Have any insulation on that?
  • HarryPotter changed the title to Reefer 350