Cultivated Reef

Reefer 350

HarryPotter

HarryPotter

Heres Wannabert! Really like this photo since the other unfocused fish in the foreground/background

IMG_0042_zpsogu00aew.jpg

"Lonely" Wannabert

IMG_0032_zpsxksxtng6.jpg

FTS

IMG_0029_zpsuzxthp1m.jpg

IMG_0084_zps1gywszih.jpg

Fragz

IMG_0062_zps01t3lrnr.jpg

RFA's and a bit of dirt in that low flow area :)

IMG_0066_zpsvkeqhnqx.jpg

IMG_0082_zpsly3pybuu.jpg

IMG_0072_zpsaeiygfdm.jpg

• Like 2
HarryPotter

For the photos of Wannabert I used the blemish tool to remove spots on the back glass and a few floating particulates. Came out pretty well I think

• Like 2

For the photos of Wannabert I used the blemish tool to remove spots on the back glass and a few floating particulates. Came out pretty well I think

Nice job, the pictures came out great!
  • Like 1
HarryPotter

the chromissssss look nice in the tank.

Thanks! Every night they look like they're almost dead but during the day they're happy.

HarryPotter

I "upgraded" the plugs of a few frags. This Phoenix grew over the 1/2" plug so now it's on a 1.25" ?

2F3FA861-498F-4D9C-B6DC-C3A90A1AB1A0_zps

Awesome pics, Harry!!!! That fishy threesome is too cool :).

Thanks!!! I wasn't sure if I should edit out the unfocus chromis but was glad I ended up keeping them :)

hahahah you win cuz i took the monticap down

NOOOOO! Well I have 7 types of plating cap now so if you ever get back in maybe a cap pack is in due order
  • Like 5
HarryPotter

Weird but good things are happening since I've started dosing trace elements. All acros that I thought were just brown are coming out with some REALLY cool colors.

D0985792-D580-4174-BFB5-50572CB3DBDA_zps

• Like 4

NOOOOO! Well I have 7 types of plating cap now so if you ever get back in maybe a cap pack is in due order

I only removed the red caps. Still have green and starburst.

Weird but good things are happening since I've started dosing trace elements. All acros that I thought were just brown are coming out with some REALLY cool colors.

What you dosing??

• Like 1
HarryPotter

I only removed the red caps. Still have green and starburst.

What you dosing??

Hmm. I'm not sure TBH I need to check the bottle, it was from Reef A Palooza

It's "ESV transition elements plus+"

Interesting - I have a package of Red Reef Colors that I've never dosed because I was nervous about testing for some of that stuff. And I haven't been able to keep either of my little tanks stable long enough to get real confidence in my acros. I'll get them growing great and coloring up and then something always happens.

I think the 40 will be more stable just because it's bigger, and I'm hoping I've got the 10 stable now. It would be nice to try some kind of trace elements just to see what happens.

It sure seems to be working for you! :bowdown:

• Like 2
HarryPotter

IMG_0027_zps0uoxzqal.jpg

IMG_0022_zpsczyuzqw5.jpg

IMG_0002_zpsavwxtf4f.jpg

I dose Kent coral vite. But randomly. Helped my green cap gain a lit of color. Acros still look like crap though.

:( Acros are annoying for sure

• Like 5
HarryPotter

iPhone FTS

I need to start dosing magnesium but I'm not sure how much to start. Is there a ratio somewhere of Ca/Alk to Mg dosing? Maybe 1/2 the amount of 2 part I use?

68299454-5B18-429C-A58F-42789F4FDEAC_zps

• Like 3

iPhone FTS

I need to start dosing magnesium but I'm not sure how much to start. Is there a ratio somewhere of Ca/Alk to Mg dosing? Maybe 1/2 the amount of 2 part I use?

Looking great!

Regarding the Mg dosing, I am not sure if there is standard guidance on dosing ratios. I dose manually :o and based on my tank's consumption rate. I too dose 2 part and Mg but Seachem. I know you use another brand. Check to see what their guidance is. Seachem's Mg product warns against raising levels by more than 25 mg/L per day.

Edit: Now with my ATO, I will start dosing Mg via that.

I dose almost 60ml of Mag supplement daily...this is almost triple my Alk and Cal dosing. I use a 10:1 ratio of pharmaceutical/food grade Magnesium Chloride to Magnesium Sulfate and mix 110g total per 1L of water. I'm slowly saturating this solution to get as much Mag per 1ml dose that I can before the solution precipitates. I was using the Seachem Magnesium but it was just far too expensive with the amount of solution I dose. You can get the pharmaceutical grade stuff online for much much cheaper. Here is a good article for you:

http://reefkeeping.com/issues/2006-07/rhf/#14

HarryPotter

Looking great!

Regarding the Mg dosing, I am not sure if there is standard guidance on dosing ratios. I dose manually :o and based on my tank's consumption rate. I too dose 2 part and Mg but Seachem. I know you use another brand. Check to see what their guidance is. Seachem's Mg product warns against raising levels by more than 25 mg/L per day.

Edit: Now with my ATO, I will start dosing Mg via that.

Interesting, yes I use B-ionic. I'll check the bottle, maybe a "squirt a day" will be a good start :lol:

HarryPotter

Holy Tank Harold !!!

Been a minute since I've been in here . I'm impressed young sir , nice work on the tank.

Thanks baby daddy! I do stuff other than fool around in the lounge ?

reefernanoman

iPhone FTS

Wow, it looks really nice! What light is that again?

• HarryPotter changed the title to Reefer 350