Pod Your Reef

Moai of the Sea!

Sk8n Reefer

Everything looks great as expected :) lol Now get your fish over here man!!

Ya just those two frags are being temperamental but their PE is really good.

Some acros don't respond so well from being cut, or even just moved let alone, cut, moved, put on display at a show, then dipped and moved some more. Don't sweat it, just be patient and they will come around ;)

• Like 2
Sk8n Reefer

Everything looks great as expected :) lol Now get your fish over here man!!

Some acros don't respond so well from being cut, or even just moved let alone, cut, moved, put on display at a show, then dipped and moved some more. Don't sweat it, just be patient and they will come around ;)

Thanks Chris! The Bayer was pretty easy to use and the corals didn't seem stressed at all ? . Ya getting the fish over there will help dirty up the tank for sure. I think the lack of nutrients in this tank might also be causing some initial color loss. I feed everynight with corals foods so I am working on it ? Do you think it's safe to move all 3 at once? Bio load should be able to handle it I would think

Thanks Chris! The Bayer was pretty easy to use and the corals didn't seem stressed at all . Ya getting the fish over there will help dirty up the tank for sure. I think the lack of nutrients in this tank might also be causing some initial color loss. I feed everynight with corals foods so I am working on it Do you think it's safe to move all 3 at once? Bio load should be able to handle it I would think

Those acros are a little more sensitive then you are used to, I am pretty certain it isn't nutrient related especially not as much as it is being moved around and stuff. The bayer dip is pretty low stress compared to others but it is a bit of moving around and switching tanks (think about it they go from one tank to a box or shipping container to a show to your tank, and often all those have slightly different parameters) it can be a grueling weekend and some don't handle it as well as others initially. ;)

3 fish at one time into the 50 won't be a problem. I added 9 when I initially switched over to my 40g for a bit. I had a way better skimmer but still much more bioload especially since one was a tang lol

• Like 1
Sk8n Reefer

Those acros are a little more sensitive then you are used to, I am pretty certain it isn't nutrient related especially not as much as it is being moved around and stuff. The bayer dip is pretty low stress compared to others but it is a bit of moving around and switching tanks (think about it they go from one tank to a box or shipping container to a show to your tank, and often all those have slightly different parameters) it can be a grueling weekend and some don't handle it as well as others initially. ;)

3 fish at one time into the 50 won't be a problem. I added 9 when I initially switched over to my 40g for a bit. I had a way better skimmer but still much more bioload especially since one was a tang lol

Cool! Ya, they do go through a lot over a few days. Alright- might be a big transfer day. I still have the purple stylo and Idaho grape that need to go also.

Gonna be a packed weekend though- skating again and finishing up the last pour before I got hurt.

Setting the coping blocks ? before we pour the decks

90fba13d4387aec8ae5ca95ae3dd2aba_zps8lh6

8922fb54eb562f7837b6bb801317d1b8_zpspzgh

• Like 4

Thanks Dawn, I do love the macro shots too It has been a "controlled" (sounds better than slow ) transfer. I do need to get my fish over to complete the move along with a few more corals! So far everyone has done really good so I've been lucky that way!

:lol: Controlled. I like it.

Is the plan still to move the fish over this weekend?? fingerscrossed

• Like 1
Sk8n Reefer

:lol: Controlled. I like it.Is the plan still to move the fish over this weekend?? fingerscrossed

hahaha- very controlled?. maybe- I need to but we have a ton going on this weekend.

• Like 2

hahaha- very controlled. maybe- I need to but we have a ton going on this weekend.

ooooookkkkkaaay. You're a good lesson in patience for me :)

• Like 2

ooooookkkkkaaay. You're a good lesson in patience for me :)

I can't wait to have patience, because patience is a wonderful thing! Hurry up, wanna have it, gotta have it now. I want patience more than anything!

We used to sing this little song to our kids when they were impatient.

• Like 4

I can't wait to have patience, because patience is a wonderful thing! Hurry up, wanna have it, gotta have it now. I want patience more than anything!

We used to sing this little song to our kids when they were impatient.

We used to warn our kids not to pray for patience because surely God would send them trials to test their patience, thereby improving it :lol:

• Like 5
Sk8n Reefer

Had a few pages of catching up to do, I see you're back to the skateboarding shenanigans :lol:

Tank is looking well, the millie recovery is a bonus. Love it when they color up unexpectedly.

Yes, starting to skate again slowly ? It's been so nice here! Thanks Kat, ya I am hoping the Mille keeps the trend up. Gonna start testing potassium and see what levels I am at there.
  • Like 2

We used to warn our kids not to pray for patience because surely God would send them trials to test their patience, thereby improving it :lol:

Ha ha, that is so funny teeny but true. It does say in the Bible that tribulation worketh patience! KJV

I am the master at it. I had more patience today

Me thinks there is a fine line between patience and procrastination, LOL!

• Like 4
Sk8n Reefer

Hahahahaha - you are correct or maybe to many projects ? It's so nice outside here we spent the day cleaning up the yard and chilling with the dogs outside.

• Like 2

Hahahahaha - you are correct or maybe to many projects It's so nice outside here we spent the day cleaning up the yard and chilling with the dogs outside.

Yes, I hear ya. I have not been quite on top of keeping the display glass sparkling clean because I have too many things to do as well, of which includes yard work.

• Like 2
Sk8n Reefer

Clowns made the transfer lastnight! They appear to be doing well. Benny our tailspot went in his hole and didn't come out so some additional work will be needed to remove him? I also transferred over the rock with the purple stylo, Idaho grape, puffball and some shrooms. When moving around the rock Idaho grape popped off - which is ok and I put 'em back in the Nuvo. I have a small frag from it I can start in the 50.

Some quick iPad shots

d480e791c3b8f4dce80a85f9ecd95c1e_zps39fv

5d7ba73a7043761921f9419dde1dacfc_zpsvseo

75263a91edace51545f644e5672e51e2_zpsme1z

Idaho is back in the nuvo- probably just sell it since I have a nice little frag of it

8bb9dfe5a471985a3106f72c9e3aaab7_zpsofia

• Like 5

With Blennys I had to move the house. My Midas is still living in the same rock he made a home in 2 years ago. :) Perhaps you can move the rock, stalk the tank, and yank it when he swims out? :)

• Like 1
Sk8n Reefer

Wanna send it to me along with the green poci? B)

Sure, maybe we can work out a deal for it? I was gonna frag into pieces and sell but if it can stay together that would be great. PM me ?

With Blennys I had to move the house. My Midas is still living in the same rock he made a home in 2 years ago. :) Perhaps you can move the rock, stalk the tank, and yank it when he swims out? :)

That's what I am afraid of- I think I'll feed him and then when he is out plug the hole and see if I can get him out that way.

SCOTTTTTTTTTT!woo hoo to the fish!!!!!

Yes! Stoked - it went pretty smooth. The purple stylo looks great in the corner- give some better dimension with it back there. I'll get some new shots tonight?

• Like 1
Sk8n Reefer

Looks nice bud. Still envious of that grafted cap in the center! Looks like it's getting bigger already!

Thanks Marc, yes it probably doubled in size already!