Coral Vue Hydros

Moai of the Sea!

Sk8n Reefer

Sk8n Reefer

Randoms from yesterday

The arch I made with the EMarco - allows for some good water flow and a good spot for sps to perch hjtO3JF.jpgRfEPCEA.jpg

Bubblegum seems happyjHMaI0Z.jpg

Mille still hanging on and come back slowlynH7KTjj.jpg

Doggy photo shoot!

Mr. Tank posing for the camera fWJi8Pa.jpggYnA2S4.jpg

They had a fun day yesterday - while looking out the window a red fox strolled by !cEuf5zn.jpg

Bringing these over to the new page cause I love my bully's! ?

New frags are dipped,removed from plugs and in the tank! ? Pics coming soon

• Like 5

Bringing these over to the new page cause I love my bully's!

New frags are dipped,removed from plugs and in the tank! Pics coming soon

I :wub: them as well :)

• Like 2
Sk8n Reefer

oh the suspense, gotta run to journal club but i'll keep a look out when i get back! you tease you!

funny-chat-roulette-strip-tease-boy-man-

Taps foot ....

So my Nikon is giving me an Err message and won't take photos ? Unbelievable - gotta research this - sounds like it might be the connector to the lens not reading properly and cleaning may help. Super bummed on that. My surprise frags were a bird of paradise Birdsnest and a stange ridge coral ? Super cool. Let me work through this camera issue and see if I can get some pics up.

Frags came at 9:00am, dipped with Bayer and in the tank ? Everyone seems happy so far.

• Like 5

So my Nikon is giving me an Err message and won't take photos ? Unbelievable - gotta research this - sounds like it might be the connector to the lens not reading properly and cleaning may help. Super bummed on that. My surprise frags were a bird of paradise Birdsnest and a stange ridge coral ? Super cool. Let me work through this camera issue and see if I can get some pics up.

Frags came at 9:00am, dipped with Bayer and in the tank ? Everyone seems happy so far.

I had the same issue years ago with one of my lenses I took a knife to the contacts on the lens and that helped get them where they could make contact again.

• Like 2
Sk8n Reefer

I had the same issue years ago with one of my lenses I took a knife to the contacts on the lens and that helped get them where they could make contact again.

Ya, from what I am ready it's possibly that- you scraped the contacts? On both lens and camera body? I wiped them down with a cloth but that didn't do anything? I'll try scraping them- thanks for the tip?

Ya, from what I am ready it's possibly that- you scraped the contacts? On both lens and camera body? I wiped them down with a cloth but that didn't do anything? I'll try scraping them- thanks for the tip?

I think just on the lens but we may have had to do the camera as well. If that doesn't work I can't remember if it's the lens that's a goner or the camera:( I think the lens but I'm not for sure

• Like 1
Sk8n Reefer

I think just on the lens but we may have had to do the camera as well. If that doesn't work I can't remember if it's the lens that's a goner or the camera:( I think the lens but I'm not for sure

Ya, didn't work. I tried both my lens's and it still say Err. The few times it flashed on it would complete a picture. I think I am gonna call Mikes camera and see if they work on Nikon's. If not them it's probably gotta go to Nikon. Damn it- I was all geared up for photos- took a few with my phone but they are terrible really and don't do anything justice ? I'll post some up later.

Ya, didn't work. I tried both my lens's and it still say Err. The few times it flashed on it would complete a picture. I think I am gonna call Mikes camera and see if they work on Nikon's. If not them it's probably gotta go to Nikon. Damn it- I was all geared up for photos- took a few with my phone but they are terrible really and don't do anything justice I'll post some up later.

Yep unfortunately if it does it with all lenses it's the camera:( That really sucks sorry!

• Like 1
Sk8n Reefer

Yep unfortunately if it does it with all lenses it's the camera:( That really sucks sorry!

Dang, I'll see what they say-hopefully its not new camera time ?

Sk8n Reefer

Bummer! Sorry about the camera woes.

Yup- total bummer! Heading out to Mikes camera today to try and find a good deal on a used one ?

• Like 1

I just got caught up on about 2 months of updates! Tank is looking great!

I am trying to be patient with moving stuff over to my new tank, too! The boys keep asking me when I'm going to start moving stuff, but the tank is in a temporary location until the basement is painted, and I don't have a sump yet, and I need to et some coral dip, cause I don't want to bring the flatworm infestation I have in the Edge over to the new cube! So patience is the name of the game right now.

Too bad to hear about the camera! Hopefully it is an easily fixable problem.

I am trying to be patient with moving stuff over to my new tank, too! The boys keep asking me when I'm going to start moving stuff, but the tank is in a temporary location until the basement is painted, and I don't have a sump yet, and I need to et some coral dip, cause I don't want to bring the flatworm infestation I have in the Edge over to the new cube! So patience is the name of the game right now.

Too bad to hear about the camera! Hopefully it is an easily fixable problem.

• Like 1
Sk8n Reefer

Good luck, i hope you find a good deal!

Camera is done- went to a store but didn't find anything I think it's eBay time. I don't need a really fancy camera - mine was old but it worked and I was happy with it. ?I do need to be able to shoot in macro though- just love those shots ?

• Like 1
Sk8n Reefer

Too bad to hear about the camera! Hopefully it is an easily fixable problem. I just got caught up on about 2 months of updates! Tank is looking great!

Thanks, ya just added some cool acros and can't really get any shots except for the phone ? Be patient for sure, it will be better in the long run. I hate flatworms- had a bad one of those years ago. Go to Home Depot and pick up some Bayer - this has been a good dip for me. I've used it twice now and it seems gentler on the corals. Glove up and wear a mask and eye protection but you always should anyways ?

5290e1af23e9e2e045bc2bfee2a1b4d0_zps3124

• Like 1
Sk8n Reefer

Alright suffering through iPhone pics

Branching Cyphastrea - beautiful red polyps

8d7d119761f750db1e4e8e7efe88c2a6_zpsgvgr

Just picked this up from my lfs - raspberry prostrata in the center with the new raspberry limeade Hyacinthus to the right

bdb49f042a851f640eb3018b70e1064b_zpsmfqi

Purple and pink Mille in the front

1602e9b2312f0b0a39c28cd9faace5db_zpsvuwd

My freebies

Stange ridge coral

54018ce38ea758ba64edf05d3136283b_zpsevk8

Bird of paradise

ef95d2e98fc2c8d7b0bfa9ea1563bf55_zpsphoo

Picked up the prostrata and added to the clean up crew- 8 Astrea snails, 10 mini hermits and 6 nassarius snails

26de3d30f264041affbf7439e260999a_zpsxapd

Dipped my new frag in Bayer then 3 rinses

b7e3a6bf4f88c3f71c5b18551ad831e3_zpsddas

Bought a new camera today in Ebay ? 2 versions newer than I had so I am excited to get it and start getting some better shots. Once I get it I will document the new frags much better- some pretty amazing colors. I am starting to really like the red and purple colored acros.

• Like 5
Sk8n Reefer

Getting a little more algae then I want so I am firing up the reactor with GFO. Now begins the delicate dance of phosphate reduction.

• Like 1
Sk8n Reefer

I am having an algae on my glass a lot lately. Possibly a cyano. just not on my rocks.

Are you feeding heavy? How's your flow?