Coral Vue Hydros

Moai of the Sea!

Sk8n Reefer

Sk8n Reefer

This tank is going to be filled in within a few months! Keep it up.

Hahaha- noooooo.......I need this baby to last a few years or my wife will be screaming at me ?
  • Like 4
Sk8n Reefer

Looking good! so you have not managed to convince the wife of having two tanks then lol

? I was close one night as we were talking about it. She actually started talking about livestock then she caught herself ?

• Like 4

I was close one night as we were talking about it. She actually started talking about livestock then she caught herself

Sounds like its possible! :)

• Like 1
Sk8n Reefer

Sounds like its possible! :)

Maybe- ? it'll make it to its 2yr. mark for sure- end of April. But you never know! It is tough running two tanks at the same time. So many have multiple beautiful tanks but for me - I like running just one tank. It's a fairly easy tank to maintain so maybe an easier livestock would help out with that.
  • Like 2

Maybe- it'll make it to its 2yr. mark for sure- end of April. But you never know! It is tough running two tanks at the same time. So many have multiple beautiful tanks but for me - I like running just one tank. It's a fairly easy tank to maintain so maybe an easier livestock would help out with that.

I hear ya, I've been considering combining my two tanks. But don't want to part with the Pico or clutter up my sps tank haha

• Like 1
Sk8n Reefer

Purple stylo is doing good in the back corner. Really like it back there ? Clowns are sticking around the corner- kinda irritating - go explore ?

p3mVuIz.jpg

Pink stylo's growth tips

FReIEkH.jpg

Blue polyp digi

y8xSrNi.jpg

Random group shots

Sk2xYuU.jpg

vy95fgf.jpg

W6of1YU.jpg

Wezkkwa.jpg

2wIuH2W.jpg

• Like 9
Sk8n Reefer

Looking good. :) My clowns did that the entire time I owned them regardless of how many anemones and LPS I gave them, it was so annoying. :lol:

Thanks man, ya- they lived in the back corner of my Nuvo 16 and rarely moved. They could live in a beta bowl ?

• Like 2

I also have corner clowns. :D

Looking good. I will probably have to hack up my purple stylo and start over, too much death and 4 fish are trying to live in the mostly dead branches, which isn't helping matters. Good thing it grows fast!

• Like 3
Sk8n Reefer

Looking good. I will probably have to hack up my purple stylo and start over, too much death and 4 fish are trying to live in the mostly dead branches, which isn't helping matters. Good thing it grows fast!

Thanks Mark-Argh, you have a beautiful piece. Yes it will come back. My green poci beat up on it constantly so now it is free and clear of anything(except for a couple shrooms that made it over - demanded by my wife ?) I am hoping it gets enough light back there. It should be fine since it was directly under my stock Nuvo lights and only got a little extra from the IM Nano. I really like that coral it has such a classic branching look. I am just glad the Idaho grape broke off clean it was just to big for that area- 7". I have a little frag that I'll transfer over this week and restart- it's another fast grower.
  • Like 2

Here's a FTS- with the iPad- you can see the purple stylo in the back- giving good depth to the tank

2d2e07a490a0c6639f2916c0e786e8ff_zpstnzx

This looks AWESOME!

Looking good. :) My clowns did that the entire time I owned them regardless of how many anemones and LPS I gave them, it was so annoying. :lol:

Mine found a toadstool they love, but seriously - they don't ever leave it :blink: So now they live in a 3" x 3" toadstool cap. Well, they bounce from that one to a toad behind it - so maybe a 5" x 5" square area :lol:

I like this statement :)

• Like 1
Sk8n Reefer

This looks AWESOME!

Mine found a toadstool they love, but seriously - they don't ever leave it :blink: So now they live in a 3" x 3" toadstool cap. Well, they bounce from that one to a toad behind it - so maybe a 5" x 5" square area :lol:

I like this statement :)

Thanks Stellablue- at least you got them in some livestock. That makes for some cool pictures though. Benny is still in the Nuvo - stays in a hole in the rock under the big Poci so I can't get him out. I think I'll fill up a bucket with 3 gallons and place the rock in there and try to shake or gently coax him out. ?

instant reef! things look great. get something for the clowns to host =P. mine hosts duncans / frogspawns / flowerpot / even brain coral.

Thanks Ninja! They host the corner ? I know there's nothing soft in there for them and I am not really wanting any softies.
  • Like 3

Thanks Stellablue- at least you got them in some livestock. That makes for some cool pictures though. Benny is still in the Nuvo - stays in a hole in the rock under the big Poci so I can't get him out. I think I'll fill up a bucket with 3 gallons and place the rock in there and try to shake or gently coax him out.

Thanks Ninja! They host the corner I know there's nothing soft in there for them and I am not really wanting any softies.

I bet if you take out the rock, he'll swim out at the last minute making it easier to catch him. I had a heck of a time catching my two neon gobies - they did the same thing. Finally I removed the rock and they swam out at the last minute before the rock got lifted out of the water. Jeff was ready with the fish net and grabbed them.

• Like 1
Sk8n Reefer

I bet if you take out the rock, he'll swim out at the last minute making it easier to catch him. I had a heck of a time catching my two neon gobies - they did the same thing. Finally I removed the rock and they swam out at the last minute before the rock got lifted out of the water. Jeff was ready with the fish net and grabbed them.

I like this ? I'll have Lisa ready with the net? If we miss him I am probably gonna have to pull everything out to get to him ?

Purple stylo is doing good in the back corner. Really like it back there Clowns are sticking around the corner- kinda irritating - go explore p3mVuIz.jpg

Pink stylo's growth tipsFReIEkH.jpg

Blue polyp digiy8xSrNi.jpg

Random group shotsSk2xYuU.jpgvy95fgf.jpgW6of1YU.jpgWezkkwa.jpg2wIuH2W.jpg

Wow, that FTS is amazing. Your coral look so natural and perfect with your rock work. This tank looks terrific already and has barely had time to grow. I can just imagine how epic its gonna be in 6 months! Awesome job Scott.

Maybe since Lisa likes mushrooms, you should turn the nuvo 16 into an easy mushroom softie tank?

• Like 1
Sk8n Reefer

Wow, that FTS is amazing. Your coral look so natural and perfect with your rock work. This tank looks terrific already and has barely had time to grow. I can just imagine how epic its gonna be in 6 months! Awesome job Scott.

Maybe since Lisa likes mushrooms, you should turn the nuvo 16 into an easy mushroom softie tank?

Thanks Dawn, I am liking this scape- the purple stylo helped with some vertical dimension. I know, the tank keeps getting thinned out but chugging along. I am working on her for sure ?
  • Like 1

I like this I'll have Lisa ready with the net If we miss him I am probably gonna have to pull everything out to get to him

Maybe two nets - one for each hand :lol: I had Jeff armed with two. I can't imagine how hilarious we must've looked. Me with a big rubber glove lifting a rock out and jeff with two fish nets, one in each hand, ready to catch some 1.5 inch gobies :lol:

I'm rooting for you that this will work!

• Like 3
Sk8n Reefer

Maybe two nets - one for each hand :lol: I had Jeff armed with two. I can't imagine how hilarious we must've looked. Me with a big rubber glove lifting a rock out and jeff with two fish nets, one in each hand, ready to catch some 1.5 inch gobies :lol:

I'm rooting for you that this will work!

Hahahahaha! That does paint a pretty picture! ? I hope it will - it'd be nice to get the family together again ?

Hahahahaha! That does paint a pretty picture! I hope it will - it'd be nice to get the family together again

Poor Benny is probably thinking WTF happened in here?

• Like 1
Sk8n Reefer

Poor Benny is probably thinking WTF happened in here?

For sure, he swims over where the clowns were and looks around. Just him and big boy our hermit are left

For sure, he swims over where the clowns were and looks around. Just him and big boy our hermit are left

aww. that's sad! So what are the plans for the Nuvo????

• Like 1