inTank Media Baskets

Moai of the Sea!

Sk8n Reefer

Well there's two- mine and Lisa's They couldn't be more different

:lol: Let's see. One of you says get rid of it. The other says stock it up. Am I right??? :) How about a macro/gorg/BTA/Clown tank :) ?

• Like 1
Sk8n Reefer

:lol: Let's see. One of you says get rid of it. The other says stock it up. Am I right??? :) How about a macro/gorg/BTA/Clown tank :) ?

Pretty much nailed it ?

• Like 2
Sk8n Reefer

Maintenance day yesterday. Cleaned protein skimmer and and added some carbon and GFO - running it passively in the sump. Still struggling with this skimmer. It seems to collect plenty of dark waste in the chamber but doesn't seem able to push it over into the collection cup very well. I am thinking about getting the Nyos quantum 120 ? All the reviews are pretty good and my lfs carry's them. I transferred over a small Idaho grape frag yesterday which should complete my coral transfers- Benny our Blenny is still stuck over in his hole so I might try to get him out today ?

Here's some pics from yesterday

Purple stylo loving the 50

RAqsZT5.jpg

Pavona now has a new growth skirt all around its base

ohi4FgM.jpg

Pink blast has some nice PE and some new growth around its base

T8wD52j.jpg

X-mas Mirabellis getting some green back on its tips

sZUvwRK.jpg

xa3Cb4b.jpg

No name Mille still coloring up and hanging on

Ms7GS8e.jpg

JwWERm2.jpg

Bubblegum Mille

5YnwW3F.jpg

Setosa

QwLHRiv.jpg

Grafted cap has doubled in size now

MqdcCpA.jpg

Some shrooms made it over - on the rock the purple stylo is attached to- so it's a mixed reef ?

FUpSvCr.jpg

Puff ball - in the middle but hard to see him

2LgaG2j.jpg

Clowns found a new corner - under the purple stylo

2ba5a514e06833549faaab9b6f07d4bd_zpsdqpu

• Like 10
Sk8n Reefer

Now to watch it grow. Its kinda like planting a garden in the spring.

still plenty of room for some small sticks around the upper half ? that's the plan at least

• Like 3

still plenty of room for some small sticks around the upper half that's the plan at least

Always more room for sticks.

Can you lower the skimmer or raise the water level in the sump?

• Like 1
Sk8n Reefer

Always more room for sticks.

Can you lower the skimmer or raise the water level in the sump?

I may be able to raise the skimmer but the sump level is where it's at. It's in about 8" of water right now and that should be good. I need a real work horse for a skimmer so that why I am looking at an upgrade. there is one mod I can try 1st though ?
  • Like 2

Maintenance day yesterday. Cleaned protein skimmer and and added some carbon and GFO - running it passively in the sump. Still struggling with this skimmer. It seems to collect plenty of dark waste in the chamber but doesn't seem able to push it over into the collection cup very well. I am thinking about getting the Nyos quantum 120 All the reviews are pretty good and my lfs carry's them. I transferred over a small Idaho grape frag yesterday which should complete my coral transfers- Benny our Blenny is still stuck over in his hole so I might try to get him out today

Here's some pics from yesterday

Purple stylo loving the 50

RAqsZT5.jpg

Pavona now has a new growth skirt all around its base

ohi4FgM.jpg

Pink blast has some nice PE and some new growth around its base

T8wD52j.jpg

X-mas Mirabellis getting some green back on its tips

sZUvwRK.jpg

xa3Cb4b.jpg

No name Mille still coloring up and hanging on

Ms7GS8e.jpg

JwWERm2.jpg

Bubblegum Mille

5YnwW3F.jpg

Setosa

QwLHRiv.jpg

Grafted cap has doubled in size now

MqdcCpA.jpg

Some shrooms made it over - on the rock the purple stylo is attached to- so it's a mixed reef

FUpSvCr.jpg

Puff ball - in the middle but hard to see him

2LgaG2j.jpg

Clowns found a new corner - under the purple stylo

2ba5a514e06833549faaab9b6f07d4bd_zpsdqpu

Super random question but do you have a name on the shroom that is in the bottom left of the purple stylo in the first pic?

• Like 1
Sk8n Reefer

Super random question but do you have a name on the shroom that is in the bottom left of the purple stylo in the first pic?

Sorry I don't - it came in on one of the original pieces of live rock for the Nuvo 16

• Like 1

Sorry I don't - it came in on one of the original pieces of live rock for the Nuvo 16

Well damn. Mine came in the same way. I have always just called them speckled green mushrooms. Either way very pretty.

• Like 1
Sk8n Reefer

Speaking of signatures, how do you add a pic like yours has?

Hahaha- hence my signature not getting updated ? I've seemed to forgot. I have a resize app that changes the size of pics so it can be placed easily and not take up to much space. I need to revisit it and finish up my sig. I am gonna have to make two smaller ones otherwise the sig. will be too big. I'll follow up with you

Love that purple stylo!!

Btw, do you have problems with vermetid snails? I see a bunch in your setosa shot I had a huge amount in my old tank that was really annoying...

They are everywhere- mostly on the underside of my caps but they don't bother me. I have a huge amount of tube worms also- I feel it's a good gauge on how the tanks is doing when the micro organism are doing well and multiplying ?
  • Like 3

Looks GREAT!!! You need a toadstool leather for the clowns to live in :)

In all seriousness though, i'm loving this tank. I like how you've laid everything out.

Does puffball still move around?

• Like 1
Sk8n Reefer

Looks GREAT!!! You need a toadstool leather for the clowns to live in :)

In all seriousness though, i'm loving this tank. I like how you've laid everything out.

Does puffball still move around?

thank you! Leather coral- not familiar with that ?. Puff ball is hanging out in one area- hasn't been on the move yet but I've been feeding heavy so it's probably comfortable where it is! Tough to get a good picture where it's at. Ya I am really liking the scape- I took some side shots yesterday that I'll try to post up tonight. trying to make the side look like the front so no matter what side you look at its appealing. Gonna place some sps frags on the backside of rocks to help with that!

alright boarding a plane to San Fran for the rest of the week then it's vaca time- head to the cabin ?

• Like 5
Sk8n Reefer

Some shots from last week. Sitting in the hotel room in San Fran dealing with crappy Internet. Tanks starting to shape up a little ?

Pink stylo is starting to grow multiple branches

LzEAM6l.jpg

Grafted cap hanging on the side of the wall

pcvKCaT.jpg

Idaho grape is happy and showing some good PE

S2DzVvX.jpg

Ponape Birdsnest

SxAiEUG.jpg

Love this rock - lots of variety of life

Lh0I0zt.jpg

Tube worms

azFLIpn.jpg

FTS - at 5 months

CfPWhUc.jpg

• Like 10
Sk8n Reefer

All those caps are awesome

thanks Ninja! they are definitely one of my favs- I love their growth patterns. It will be fun to watch them grow together ?

• Like 2