Top Shelf Aquatics

Moai of the Sea!

Sk8n Reefer

Ya, that's what I am probably gonna do- maybe break it into smaller pieces too......but it's going away

I have the 301 model-This part of the pump seems unusually large and not what I see on most pumps- the skimmers (blue piece) fits over this piece

Does it slide over that piece or screw in? My bubble magus (which the ones I have also use atman pumps) they screw in, and don't really seem over sized compared to other pumps I've looked at rated around the same "tank size". I definitely like the bubble magus skimmers and even though the pumps aren't the best quality (though they aren't the worst I've seen either) they skim like beasts. Hope they get you up and running properly again and you don't have anymore issues.... though you may want to snag an extra impeller IME with atman pumps and that seemed to be a frequent cause of failure ;)

• Like 1

Does it slide over that piece or screw in? My bubble magus (which the ones I have also use atman pumps) they screw in, and don't really seem over sized compared to other pumps I've looked at rated around the same "tank size". I definitely like the bubble magus skimmers and even though the pumps aren't the best quality (though they aren't the worst I've seen either) they skim like beasts. Hope they get you up and running properly again and you don't have anymore issues.... though you may want to snag an extra impeller IME with atman pumps and that seemed to be a frequent cause of failure ;)

The blue piece just fits over it. Ya, they were extremely fast in getting me a new pump- ordered it Sunday night- got confirmation email on Monday with free shipping it came on Wednesday. Pretty sensitive skimmer- very slight turns produce a higher water volume and a wet skimmate. I haven't found any other pumps with that large of an intake (but I haven't looked to hard yet) I kept the water lower in the chamber and it produced some nice thick gunk on the top of the chamber put it didn't spill over into the collection cup. It stayed on the walls so when I cleaned it I was able to remove it. I haven't found the perfect setting for it yet ?

• Like 2

The blue piece just fits over it. Ya, they were extremely fast in getting me a new pump- ordered it Sunday night- got confirmation email on Monday with free shipping it came on Wednesday. Pretty sensitive skimmer- very slight turns produce a higher water volume and a wet skimmate. I haven't found any other pumps with that large of an intake (but I haven't looked to hard yet) I kept the water lower in the chamber and it produced some nice thick gunk on the top of the chamber put it didn't spill over into the collection cup. It stayed on the walls so when I cleaned it I was able to remove it. I haven't found the perfect setting for it yet

Oh that is kind of weird, might be because the skimmer is so small and they are maybe using a part from one of their bigger ones or something. I have heard of alot of people that like their skimmers but I wasn't impressed with the one I got unfortunately. I will likely stick to and recommend the bubble magus line in the future I have really liked the ones I currently have and they are beasts!

Thats awesome they sent out the replacement promptly, I think they are a smaller company which is nice because if they are smart they spend alot of time on the customer service end of things more then if they were big. :)

• Like 2

Didn't get the big cap transferred yesterday as I planned but I did get a lot accomplished. 11g. w/c and set my skimmer back up with the new pump?. It was beautiful here so I started on cleaning out the smaller section of the pool.........thick ice but I got it all out.......it's been 4months since I skated and I think I'll start slowly today! I plan on transferring the cap and a few other corals later today........gotta move the doser too- 50g is requiring more chemicals than the Nuvo now- especially if the cap moves over

592d9e601585606738d7d6dc578a124a_zpseo6t

74cf06334f9114c72d4b52591cd6571c_zpsaof6

edf3c637ecc938e62b8613b4bf619770_zpspct1

Oh that is kind of weird, might be because the skimmer is so small and they are maybe using a part from one of their bigger ones or something. I have heard of alot of people that like their skimmers but I wasn't impressed with the one I got unfortunately. I will likely stick to and recommend the bubble magus line in the future I have really liked the ones I currently have and they are beasts!

Thats awesome they sent out the replacement promptly, I think they are a smaller company which is nice because if they are smart they spend alot of time on the customer service end of things more then if they were big. :)

Ya, I'll give this one a chance and see if I can dial it in before looking at something else

• Like 5

That skate park is pretty epic!! how is it when you jolt your shoulder?

Cant wait to see the cap moved over to the new tank as well!

Thanks dropped- it's fun until it goes bad ? and that can happen at anytime. Cap is moved as well as a few others- I'll post up shortly ?
  • Like 1

Thanks dropped- it's fun until it goes bad and that can happen at anytime. Cap is moved as well as a few others- I'll post up shortly

Well shortly happened a long time ago :lol:

• Like 4

Well shortly happened a long time ago :lol:

I would have to agree with you spectra.

and a little reefer waits... :happydance:

You got me! ? Not working today so I am putting foto into photo bucket and imgur as we speak
  • Like 5

You got me! Not working today so I am putting foto into photo bucket and imgur as we speak

We are waiting....................................................?..............?..............?.........???

• Like 3

Alright! Started the transfer yesterday.........began with the green cap

Looks small over here ?

c530fe27d443b9d1a76db3fc36ceb5a9_zps06h8

Had to rearrange and move the birdsnest and stylo to give me some room to move around.

Also moved over the season's greeting, grafted cap, Pavona and red encrusting monti. Had to rearrange the arch I made with Emarco

f430bab61306bace16ea1833c7a7fb99_zpsuosq

Pulled the encrusting monti loose

631f9f82d73400fb581e2944da1b53ce_zpsf3lr

Placed the rock in with it and put the arch onto it to raise the arch up

686d09334bddb51a7d4daf2b74dbe8ca_zpstkzl

Season's greeting over on the side behind the birdsnest- can't wait to see how seasons grows. Birdsnest is gonna have to find a new spot- maybe in the back corner. A lot of open space under the arch to allow water to pass through

5cb37a7e6d2c3cc563be6c5a44a195a6_zpsybwc

RaZVNNs.jpg

Mounted the grafted cap on the side to grow into the wall

prV63vS.jpg

As it looked last night - everyone seemed happy and I am liking the arch being so high up. Plenty of room around the top now to add some smooth skin acros! The green cap is barely on the sand in one area and fairly open around it. Kept the corals far enough away to allow for growth ?.

I like the look but the bird in front has to be moved- blocking Season's. I moved the large green tipped stylo back to the Nuvo along with the pocillopora frags. Off today so I need to move the doser over and set it all up!

7TXnKvE.jpg

Took a few runs yesterday - felt good but I could tell I was weak......to much sitting around the last few months waiting to heal..............nice shirt ?

KUvmevJ.jpg

TvoSSns.jpg

• Like 12

Nanobox Hybrid Quad/Quad lighting the way complete with Tiki top?

b806f3c5b6966c62d9eab3318284925a_zps7nlm

0680c8177f174579c09c2b9e1f635552_zpsajwr

Tank looks great with the montis in there.

Thanks Arce! Still got the large Idaho grape and purple stylo to transfer.........hmmmm......Idaho grape may not make it ?

• Like 4

I love the way the monti fit right in there! The tank is looking really great. I am sure you will find a perfect spot for the bird's nest, Idaho grape and stylo.

Good for you getting out to start getting your skate legs back.

• Like 3

Tanks is looking sweet and love the light !

Better be careful now getting back into the pool ;)

Ya I really digging the light now that I figured out the bluefish. Dave sent me some setting that really helped ? You can't be carful skateboarding ? But I am taking it slow- left snow in the pool so I am not tempted on the big stuff yet

I love the way the monti fit right in there! The tank is looking really great. I am sure you will find a perfect spot for the bird's nest, Idaho grape and stylo.

Good for you getting out to start getting your skate legs back.

Yes, I do like how they look in there- not sure Idaho will make it- may crowd up the sand too much. Purple stylo will fit though ?.

Gonna try and roll around a little more today and build up some more strength ?

• Like 3

Looking very good. Reading your build thread on this guy makes me more antsy to upgrade my little edge. Gotta get the basement finished first, so I know how much room I have, though! New floors are going in week after next...

• Like 2

Looking very good. Reading your build thread on this guy makes me more antsy to upgrade my little edge. Gotta get the basement finished first, so I know how much room I have, though! New floors are going in week after next...

Thanks Doc, it is nice to have some room again, I say go as big as you can- I would of went bigger but this baby came up on Craigslist for a great price so I had to do it. There are so many tanks on CL it easy to get a good deal ?

• Like 2

Thanks Doc, it is nice to have some room again, I say go as big as you can- I would of went bigger but this baby came up on Craigslist for a great price so I had to do it. There are so many tanks on CL it easy to get a good deal

Yeah. I've bee lurking on some local forums and craigslist to see what is available. Until I know exactly what space I have, I must resist the urge to take advantage of some of the deals. Cube? Peninsula? 100+ gallon? I must keep reminding myself to be patient...

• Like 1

Yeah. I've bee lurking on some local forums and craigslist to see what is available. Until I know exactly what space I have, I must resist the urge to take advantage of some of the deals. Cube? Peninsula? 100+ gallon? I must keep reminding myself to be patient...

? For sure.......Peninsula ? Always loved the look of those tanks!

For sure.......Peninsula Always loved the look of those tanks!

The problem with a peninsula is that you have to go with a custom build. I am eyeing the Red Sea Reefer line, too, which is tempting because I have never done a tank with a sump before. So going custom with a totally new technique is a bit daunting...

• Like 1