Coral Vue Hydros

Moai of the Sea!

Sk8n Reefer

I'm loving the new scape! I agree with Teeny - love how you've showcased the birds nest. And if Evanski decides he doesn't want the Poci, you know I'd take it in a heartbeat! I love that that poci grows EVERYWHERE! My kinda coral :)

• Like 1

I love the re-arrangement with the birdsnest being showcased. It is very dramatic.

It wont be long before you are back at skatin. I looks cool in the snow. I was a passionate rollerblader for years. I skated about 35 miles a week but I never did any tricks or extreme stuff. If I were younger it would be fun to try some easy stuff!

• Like 2

Great pics! That birdsnest is going to be a stunning centerpiece :)

The pool is very sad looking, hope you're able to get back at it soon!

Hey thanks man, yes the pool is sad ?. It's been pretty cold here so it's pretty easy not to clean it out. It's good exercise shoveling it though.

I do like the birdsnest there but it's temporary, most likely. I plan on putting the big green cap in that area and spread the other ones around next to it but we will see. Looking at the green cap 8" and Idaho grape 7" I am gonna fill it up quick. It can all change once the full transfer starts ?

I'm loving the new scape! I agree with Teeny - love how you've showcased the birds nest. And if Evanski decides he doesn't want the Poci, you know I'd take it in a heartbeat! I love that that poci grows EVERYWHERE! My kinda coral :)

Thanks it is nice to actually bring some larger pieces over. For sure on spin stream - he wasn't 100% on it I don't think, so I will check when the time comes. It's almost totally surrounded by the poci now ?

Looks great!!!! Even the snow ;).

Thanks! Yes you do love the snow! If it wasn't so cold here it could be fun in the snow!

I love the re-arrangement with the birdsnest being showcased. It is very dramatic.

It wont be long before you are back at skatin. I looks cool in the snow. I was a passionate rollerblader for years. I skated about 35 miles a week but I never did any tricks or extreme stuff. If I were younger it would be fun to try some easy stuff!

Thank you, it will most likely all change once everyone comes over ?. I'll keep the arches for sure though - maybe lift the one on the right up higher.........gonna be fun to but some big pieces in and add some frags ?
  • Like 4

Looks like everything is going great mate, loving the NB Hybrid also. Wish I had snow in my pool, heck, I wish I had a pool lol.

Thanks man, Noooo.......snow in the pool is no good ?

• Like 2

Back to manual dosing......with my Bubble Magus doser still keeping the Nuvo in check I am having to go back to daily Alk., Ca. And Mg. and struggling to find the right amount. The birdsnest addition dropped Alk. to 6 so I've been trying to find the right amount to add. It is fun again to test daily - makes me feel in tune with the tank. I am not used to dosing the large volume alk. and Ca. to make the needle move in the 50g. I am not traveling for a few weeks so it's time to figure it out?

• Like 4

I admire you and the other folks who are on top of their parameters. I just never was good at that part of the hobby.

Thanks Dawn, it's more of a do or die though with Sps- either you do or they die ? which I have painfully learned over the years

• Like 3

Thanks Dawn, it's more of a do or die though with Sps- either you do or they die which I have painfully learned over the years

Ha ha, which explains why I don't have many sps!

• Like 2

Back to manual dosing......with my Bubble Magus doser still keeping the Nuvo in check I am having to go back to daily Alk., Ca. And Mg. and struggling to find the right amount. The birdsnest addition dropped Alk. to 6 so I've been trying to find the right amount to add. It is fun again to test daily - makes me feel in tune with the tank. I am not used to dosing the large volume alk. and Ca. to make the needle move in the 50g. I am not traveling for a few weeks so it's time to figure it out

I used to hateeeee checking params when my 29 was up. Now i somewhat miss it. But for the 20 I'm taking a different route. Going based off looks and bi weekly testing. When i was testing everyday i kept playing with my doser and i felt like the random changes in my dosing did more harm then good since i was trying to chase perfect numbers. So far so good.

• Like 3

I used to hateeeee checking params when my 29 was up. Now i somewhat miss it. But for the 20 I'm taking a different route. Going based off looks and bi weekly testing. When i was testing everyday i kept playing with my doser and i felt like the random changes in my dosing did more harm then good since i was trying to chase perfect numbers. So far so good.

Very true, once I have things dialed in and in more control I will transition into that. Nothing beats observing and knowing your coral ? Now I am adding corals every weekend or every other and they are large colonies so I have some large pulls on parameters with every move. I have to reduce the Nuvo doser and then see what is needed in the 50g. I'll be happy when the transfer is complete and I can get the doser over to the 50g

• Like 3

Very true, once I have things dialed in and in more control I will transition into that. Nothing beats observing and knowing your coral Now I am adding corals every weekend or every other and they are large colonies so I have some large pulls on parameters with every move. I have to reduce the Nuvo doser and then see what is needed in the 50g. I'll be happy when the transfer is complete and I can get the doser over to the 50g

Ooooh, now I understand why you are moving things over slowly. I kept thinking to myself, "Come on Scott, just transfer everything already!" Ha ha sorry for being so impatient. I am just anxious to see what the 50 is going to look like when everything is in it. :-)

• Like 1

So I showed an incredible amount of restraint yesterday at my lfs ?. They had a great selection of Sps frags and I wanted them all. I am trying to stick to my plan of completing the transfer and then start adding the new frags. I still was able to spend 100 bucks anyways on hard goods- picked up some Alk. solution, carbon,new RO membrane and one of those viewers you set on the water to see into the tank ?

Here's a few picks from yesterday- everyone is doing well. I have parameters pretty stable and almost have my daily dosing figured out

Little Mango Tango encrusting Monti is looking better than ever with good polyp ext. and coloring back up

UAJItB7.jpg

Just love the deep color of Setosa

agRMe7G.jpg

Green plate- starting to get some purple around the rim ?

d8BsrHT.jpg

Another encrusting Monti- I believe reverse sunset

2E1VjtA.jpg

Spongode showing good growth and has attached to the smaller rock I placed it on. I think this coral is gonna be a fast grower ?

FXsXo3E.jpg

mRgz3Ki.jpg

Fts

qKsTG8T.jpg

• Like 8

Looking good! Colors are coming up and the growth and PE are great. I'm really impressed that you came away from the LFS with no corals - especially since you have room for them :D

• Like 1

Looking good! Colors are coming up and the growth and PE are great. I'm really impressed that you came away from the LFS with no corals - especially since you have room for them :D

Thanks man! Yes- I could of picked up at least a couple ? he had a strawberry shortcake that was calling me and a pink Mille. Thinking through it all I need to complete my scape and transfer before the new acros come. That way I can move the doser and keep things more stable. It's interesting how immediate a larger tank is in how you have to approach maintenance. The larger volume keeps things stable longer but the amount of additive you have to dose to make the needle move is surprising large.

I have the Koralia smartwave with two powerhead said that I am thinking I might place in the bottom on each corner to shoot across the sand to keep it clean and suspend any build up. Once I place the caps across and around the bottom I want to make sure there is good flow. I would alternate them and shoot them under the big green cap and Idaho grape. Just a thought but I think it would help ?

• Like 1

Wow, everything is settling in nicely! I am glad that they are coloring up and showing nice PE. Thats always encouraging that they are healthy.

You are stronger than me...if I shouldn't buy anything, I stay out of stores where I might be tempted, ha ha!

• Like 1

You are stronger than me...if I shouldn't buy anything, I stay out of stores where I might be tempted, ha ha!

I don't think I've ever left a coral store empty handed lol!

• Like 2

Wow, everything is settling in nicely! I am glad that they are coloring up and showing nice PE. Thats always encouraging that they are healthy.

I don't think I've ever left a coral store empty handed lol!

Hahaha! Yes it was - had to do it though! They had some really nice acros too
  • Like 1