inTank Media Baskets

Ninja's Red Sea Reefer 350 - still here!

ninjamyst

I'm jelly man tank looks legit. Where the clam from again? Cough order another

3 hours water change today. Cleaned up the sand bed finally (but I just placed an order with Saltcritters...blah). The yellow non photosynthetic gorgonian is still doing well and becoming a nice center piece of the tank.

FTS

27911183403_e4bd9d8c1a_z.jpg

28243368150_32fea128a3_z.jpg

Just the left side

27911176823_d247ebbaa4_z.jpg

New wall hammer

28449209351_6789eac465_z.jpg

Clam doing well

28421153682_717128cf49_z.jpg

Monticaps spiraling into each other =)

28449216271_f294c881f8_z.jpg

Side view

28421138452_f2f4170142_z.jpg

• Like 5

I'm jelly man tank looks legit. Where the clam from again? Cough order another

Haha. From Cultivated Reef =). Aquapros gets Maximas once in awhile. Mine is darker blue in real life, not as sky blue as the picture shows. Could also be because top down the light reflects off the mantle differently then viewed from the front.

• Like 2
Elizabeth94

Everything looks so perfect in here. That yellow/green gorgonian is what my eye gets drawn too, I love it! You have a nice eye when it comes to coral placement :happy:

• Like 1
mitten_reef

Tank looks great! Did you add a second wall shelf thingy? (I thought you had just one before...)

Everything looks so perfect in here. That yellow/green gorgonian is what my eye gets drawn too, I love it! You have a nice eye when it comes to coral placement :happy:

^ yes agree on all the above.

• Like 1

Thanks! I try really hard not to buy every frags I see in the store / online =P.

Tank looks great! Did you add a second wall shelf thingy? (I thought you had just one before...)

Yup. I always had two but I didn't know what I wanted on the other one till recently. Although I am still not sure about putting the starburst monticap on it. I just have no other place to put it =P.

Surveying the land

Surveying her kingdom.

• Like 4

Changed carbon last night and came home to an exceptionally clear tank. Already diatoms on the sandbed though. Looking for a diamond goby but worried about it putting sand over my clam, blastos, and acans.

• Like 1

My XL425 was just delivered :D Owes me a bag of sand, not quite sure how he only brought 3 when I ordered 4 and they come 2 to a box lol. Also owes me my new Apex which is due in any day now. Then waiting for AquaPros to get my skimmer which should also be any day now. You were right about the extra width being nice on the XL425 compared to the 350. That 2.6" doesn't seem like a lot, but does make up for the overflow space. Building the stand this weekend, hoping for leak test by next weekend.

• Like 1

My XL425 was just delivered :D Owes me a bag of sand, not quite sure how he only brought 3 when I ordered 4 and they come 2 to a box lol. Also owes me my new Apex which is due in any day now. Then waiting for AquaPros to get my skimmer which should also be any day now. You were right about the extra width being nice on the XL425 compared to the 350. That 2.6" doesn't seem like a lot, but does make up for the overflow space. Building the stand this weekend, hoping for leak test by next weekend.

Awesome. What skimmer you getting??

That side shot is incredible!!

Thanks!

Awesome. What skimmer you getting??

I went with the Reef Octopus Classic 202-S. A little oversized, but the 152-S was undersized. Also realized I didn't get the 10 filter socks today. When I text him he said he would have them next week with my sand, seems like he forgot to order them.

I went with the Reef Octopus Classic 202-S. A little oversized, but the 152-S was undersized. Also realized I didn't get the 10 filter socks today. When I text him he said he would have them next week with my sand, seems like he forgot to order them.

what filter sock did you get? i use the mesh ones. i hated the felt ones. PITA to clean.

what filter sock did you get? i use the mesh ones. i hated the felt ones. PITA to clean.

I got the mesh ones. Figured I might get a few felt later on if I think I need them. Everything I read said mesh was way easier to clean. Still lame they use their own and without modifying the tray can only use Red Sea or Vertex instead of the cheap generics you can buy everywhere. Since I bought the tank and bunch of other stuff this LFS gave me a good deal on them so I can't complain.

• Like 1

I got the mesh ones. Figured I might get a few felt later on if I think I need them. Everything I read said mesh was way easier to clean. Still lame they use their own and without modifying the tray can only use Red Sea or Vertex instead of the cheap generics you can buy everywhere. Since I bought the tank and bunch of other stuff this LFS gave me a good deal on them so I can't complain.

Yea, i have 4 mesh ones. I change them every 3-4 days.