SaltCritters.com

Ninja's Red Sea Reefer 350 - still here!

ninjamyst

make sure it's eatting like a pig first and foremost!

for sure, it needs to be eating frozen mysis or Larry's before I will buy it.

i am worried my tangs are aggressive eaters and it may not get enough

also, i need to QT it in the 5 gallon Spec V for a month. Is that ok?

How's the cat experiment going with your wife?

Wife and I both love the cats. They are sooo soft. Unfortunately, she has to almost double her allergy meds and can't really stuff her face into them. So we will be up for cat sitting them again in the future but we won't get a cat for ourself =(. They do jump on EVERYTHING so we have to be extra careful with leaving food on the table.

I just went crazy on acros:

RMF Ultimate Miyagi
BC Ponape Rainbow Rosaria
BC June Ruby
BC Glow Stick
PC Rainbow
Thanos Acro
Tyree Pink Lemonade

All are just frags. Will glue them tonight during water change. Hoping I can keep their colors. Got them all from a local with an amazing SPS tank.

• Like 6

RMF Ultimate Miyagi

BC June Ruby

BC Glow Stick

PC Rainbow

Thanos Acro

Tyree Pink Lemonade

All are just frags. Will glue them tonight during water change. Hoping I can keep their colors. Got them all from a local with an amazing SPS tank.

holy crap! Who you get um from?

small copperband butterfly...thoughts?

Kole Tang ;). I do like the copperband butterfly but hear they can be really finicky eaters and shouldn't be housed with stress inducing tank mates (i.e wrasses).

• Like 1

Wife and I both love the cats. They are sooo soft. Unfortunately, she has to almost double her allergy meds and can't really stuff her face into them. So we will be up for cat sitting them again in the future but we won't get a cat for ourself =(. They do jump on EVERYTHING so we have to be extra careful with leaving food on the table.

Aww..shucks. Well, at least you can cat sit :).

• Like 1

The past week has not been good on my fish. The male anthias stopped eating last week and died yesterday. I saw the neon dottyback chasing one of the fire fish all over the tank last night and this morning only one of the fire fish is out. I regret getting that neon dottyback. I want to catch him and trade him off.

Kole Tang ;). I do like the copperband butterfly but hear they can be really finicky eaters and shouldn't be housed with stress inducing tank mates (i.e wrasses).

Not sure if I should add another tang...hahah. Already pushing it with Blue and Yellow tang.

Aww..shucks. Well, at least you can cat sit :).

The cats left today =(. But they left behind lots and lots and lots of cat hair for us to clean up...hahah

• Like 3

The past week has not been good on my fish. The male anthias stopped eating last week and died yesterday. I saw the neon dottyback chasing one of the fire fish all over the tank last night and this morning only one of the fire fish is out. I regret getting that neon dottyback. I want to catch him and trade him off.

Not sure if I should add another tang...hahah. Already pushing it with Blue and Yellow tang.

The cats left today =(. But they left behind lots and lots and lots of cat hair for us to clean up...hahah

I hear that (cat hair) LOL. I do a lot of vacuuming here :).

• Like 1

RMF Ultimate Miyagi
BC June Ruby
BC Glow Stick
PC Rainbow
Thanos Acro
Tyree Pink Lemonade

omgomgomg still waiting for pictures :)

• Like 1

Aww crap. Sorry to hear about the fish ninja.

I am the most bummed out about the firefish. It's hard to find a pair that's not shy. However, the silver lining is that I been wanting to get a group of them 3-5 but didn't because I dont want to jeopardize the existing pair. So now I need to get the dottyback out of there and then get a group of firefish.

• Like 2

Sawdonkey on CR. His tank is worth a visit.

Saw his post, can't wait until my tank is ready to go. I've missed out on a lot of nice SPS on CR over the last few months. Finally got water in it last night. Rock cured for 12 weeks, but when I was using some mortar it was out of water way longer than I wanted. So I am expecting at least a mini cycle if not a full cycle now. Wasn't planning on trying to stock it until after MACNA even if there was no cycle.

My neon dottyback is always a jerk, but mostly calmed down with everything else in the tank, just won't allow anything new. Last week it dropped a big piece of food and pom pom crab grabbed it, ran into the rock and held the neon at bay with his little anemones. Fish was so mad he chased everything around the tank for 15 minutes.

• Like 2

Saw his post, can't wait until my tank is ready to go. I've missed out on a lot of nice SPS on CR over the last few months. Finally got water in it last night. Rock cured for 12 weeks, but when I was using some mortar it was out of water way longer than I wanted. So I am expecting at least a mini cycle if not a full cycle now. Wasn't planning on trying to stock it until after MACNA even if there was no cycle.

My neon dottyback is always a jerk, but mostly calmed down with everything else in the tank, just won't allow anything new. Last week it dropped a big piece of food and pom pom crab grabbed it, ran into the rock and held the neon at bay with his little anemones. Fish was so mad he chased everything around the tank for 15 minutes.

Yea, Sawdonkey is awesome. My 3rd time to his place and I get impressed every time. His condo / duplex is pretty badass too. My neon dottyback is big and mean. I need to get him OUT. But he's always by the rocks. Need a plan...

Always hate to hear about fish loss. :(

yea...my banggai cardinals been fighting a lot too so I moved one to the Fluval Evo 12. Everyone was doing fine till I rearranged a few things in the tank. Now they are all fighting for territories again.

Yea, Sawdonkey is awesome. My 3rd time to his place and I get impressed every time. His condo / duplex is pretty badass too. My neon dottyback is big and mean. I need to get him OUT. But he's always by the rocks. Need a plan...

There were 2 times I had to catch mine, once to replace defective tank, and once for tank move. I had to take everything out and drain the water down to barely anything, that damn fish is fast and does not want to be caught. Like you said they will hide in the rocks and he will slide into small spaces. Only bigger pain for me to catch is my Midas blenny, he will dart into his rock hole or find any hole in the rocks he can and refuse to come out.

I might need to go see Wojtek's stuff too, I said no lps in this tank, but I might not be able to resist after seeing some of his pics.

• Like 1

I am the most bummed out about the firefish. It's hard to find a pair that's not shy. However, the silver lining is that I been wanting to get a group of them 3-5 but didn't because I dont want to jeopardize the existing pair. So now I need to get the dottyback out of there and then get a group of firefish.

They make such a statement in a group! I love the firefish. I'd say they are an under-rated fish :).

• Like 2

is it gone gone or just missing - maybe it's hiding!

There were 2 times I had to catch mine, once to replace defective tank, and once for tank move. I had to take everything out and drain the water down to barely anything, that damn fish is fast and does not want to be caught. Like you said they will hide in the rocks and he will slide into small spaces. Only bigger pain for me to catch is my Midas blenny, he will dart into his rock hole or find any hole in the rocks he can and refuse to come out.

I might need to go see Wojtek's stuff too, I said no lps in this tank, but I might not be able to resist after seeing some of his pics.

Wojtek is awesome! He's literally 5 mins from me. I timed it. I can bike to him in 10 mins. I can sometimes find cheaper stuff on sale at LFS but his stuff is really really nice. A lot of home grown stuff too so hardier.

They make such a statement in a group! I love the firefish. I'd say they are an under-rated fish :).

Yup! One of my favorites.

is it gone gone or just missing - maybe it's hiding!

I haven't seen it all day. It's always out next to the other one. Last night it took quite a beating...I had to intervene and chase the dottyback around with a long turkey baster.

• Like 2

Wojtek is awesome! He's literally 5 mins from me. I timed it. I can bike to him in 10 mins. I can sometimes find cheaper stuff on sale at LFS but his stuff is really really nice. A lot of home grown stuff too so hardier.

Yup! One of my favorites.

I haven't seen it all day. It's always out next to the other one. Last night it took quite a beating...I had to intervene and chase the dottyback around with a long turkey baster.

:(

Picture time =).

BC Glowstick:

29090149481_6f0ae46ef9_z.jpg

RMF Ultimate Miyagi (my fav...photo does not do it justice. Dark green with blue tips)

29062363842_1ece75a5ec_z.jpg

Tyree Pink Lemonade (need to color up more):

28546432954_b2600fdb8f_z.jpg

PC Rainbow:

28546426224_627f36b4c0_z.jpg

Thanos:

28546430814_3e23de2901_z.jpg

New FTS:

29062353862_68b385e6d3_c.jpg

• Like 14