Coral Vue Hydros

Ninja's Red Sea Reefer 350 - still here!

ninjamyst

Looking great Jacky. How do you like the diffusers?

-Dave

It made the light a lot dimmer. That's about it. Hahaha. I had to raise the light from 65% to 80% to make up for the drop in intensity. Time will tell if it makes my acros grow better. Monticaps, birdsnest, and styloporas are growing like crazy though.

I can't keep trachys or wellso, too much lighting in my tank. Can you shadow them?

From my experience, they need to be placed at the corners. Not shaded, but not super bright light.

I put it under the bridge last night but no improvement so far. Must be something in the water but params look good. Changed carbon too.

Checking in my friend! Things are looking very good - beautiful really! I always go over to Flickr so I can see in full screen view!! :wub:

Hope you're doing well!

Thanks! Your euphyllia tank is looking great too!

• Like 2

I put it under the bridge last night but no improvement so far. Must be something in the water but params look good. Changed carbon too.

Recovery takes a long time with those guys. I'm sure your water is fine :).
  • Like 1

Wellso still looking blah. One of the two banggai cardinals in QT disappeared. No body found in or outside tank. Now debating whether to get 2 more banggai cardinals for the reefer or go another direction...

HarryPotter

How's your skimmer working? Mines been rocking- made it a little wetter

99D99005-E076-4AD7-BDF3-FA1B1F89FA86_zps

Wellso still looking blah. One of the two banggai cardinals in QT disappeared. No body found in or outside tank. Now debating whether to get 2 more banggai cardinals for the reefer or go another direction...

Darn! I lost 1/2 of my cardinals as well

• Like 1

How's your skimmer working? Mines been rocking- made it a little wetter

99D99005-E076-4AD7-BDF3-FA1B1F89FA86_zps

Mine is more light tea like. A couple of issues:

1. Water keeps getting into the air silencer. I have it on a sheet of egg crate right now.

2. There's always dirty water where the cup screws into the skimmer. I wonder if the cup is slowly leaking from the drain line...

But it is quiet now =) and I like it.

HarryPotter

Mine is more light tea like. A couple of issues:

1. Water keeps getting into the air silencer. I have it on a sheet of egg crate right now.

2. There's always dirty water where the cup screws into the skimmer. I wonder if the cup is slowly leaking from the drain line...

But it is quiet now =) and I like it.

The air silencer is screwed on tight? Odd.

Are you twisting the cup into place; eg not just placing it onto the body? You could possibly need to re-zip tie the drain tube if it's leaking.

Glad you like it though. Seems like a great workhorse. I keep mine this open:

B360E763-BCC5-4AE1-B5B6-E6291016B8C4_zps

• Like 1

Yea, the air silencer is screwed on tight. I contacted MD and they said it's ok as long as the water inside the air silencer doesn't reach the top.

I totally forgot about the zip tie for the drain line. Gonna try to find it now =P. Thanks for the reminder!

HarryPotter

Yea, the air silencer is screwed on tight. I contacted MD and they said it's ok as long as the water inside the air silencer doesn't reach the top.

I totally forgot about the zip tie for the drain line. Gonna try to find it now =P. Thanks for the reminder!

Lol yes the zip tie would help! I actually don't know if it comes with a zip tie or if that's just a modification the previous owner did. Looks like there's a mm or two of water in my silencer as well but it doesn't make noise so doesn't matter to me

• Like 1

Ninja, your tank looks amazing!
I have my Reefer 250 and all the hardware sitting in the living room waiting to be setup.
Seeing your tank makes me want to get working on it ASAP haha!

• Like 1

Coraline algae in glass corners. Should I care? What about coraline algae all over the middle overflow? Just let them be?

Sand bed is getting crazy diatom / algae. New strawberry conch is lazy and not doing his job. Some zoas are also covered in green film algae. Blah. I been feeding a lot more lately. You win some, you loose some.

Lol yes the zip tie would help! I actually don't know if it comes with a zip tie or if that's just a modification the previous owner did. Looks like there's a mm or two of water in my silencer as well but it doesn't make noise so doesn't matter to me

It did =). Found it in the box. Obviously I didn't read the instruction...hahaha.

• Like 1
HarryPotter

Coraline algae in glass corners. Should I care? What about coraline algae all over the middle overflow? Just let them be?

Sand bed is getting crazy diatom / algae. New strawberry conch is lazy and not doing his job. Some zoas are also covered in green film algae. Blah. I been feeding a lot more lately. You win some, you loose some.

It did =). Found it in the box. Obviously I didn't read the instruction...hahaha.

Coralline algae in glass corners: Angle your razor and easily comes off

Coralline algae on middle overflow: Clean with a razor :P

HarryPotter

any fear of damaging the silicone in glass corners with razor?

On the overflow definitely not, the silicon is hidden. In the display yeah be careful

Holy crap dude, tank looks amazing! I've been trying to hunt down some red plating monti but can't seem to find any locally :(. My green one is growing pretty amazingly, and I'd love to get my hands on a nice red or purple frag.

• Like 1
HarryPotter

Holy crap dude, tank looks amazing! I've been trying to hunt down some red plating monti but can't seem to find any locally :(. My green one is growing pretty amazingly, and I'd love to get my hands on a nice red or purple frag.

I would offer to send you some but you're in Australia :(

• Like 2

Thanks! Look for starburst monti. Orange with yellow polyps. Very nice.

• Like 2

Thanks! Look for starburst monti. Orange with yellow polyps. Very nice.

I'll keep an eye out for it. I had a piece of superman monti in the old tank but the frag never recovered after some Alk spikes :(.

I'll keep an eye out for it. I had a piece of superman monti in the old tank but the frag never recovered after some Alk spikes :(.

Plating monti doing well in my tank but the encrusting kind is not. I have a superman and sunset looking like poop. They are growin but the color is poop brown.

• Like 1

Plating monti doing well in my tank but the encrusting kind is not. I have a superman and sunset looking like poop. They are growin but the color is poop brown.

My green monti and my birdsnest are doing the best, I guess they tolerate the high phosphates better, plus, I don't think my light is helping the situation either lol.

• Like 1