Innovative Marine Aquariums

Ninja's Red Sea Reefer 350 - still here!

ninjamyst

This tank is stealing my will to live. I'm not worthy! I'm not worthy! :bowdown:

Seriously, it looks absolutely amazing. The colors are fantastic and the scape really looks good now that the corals are filling in. And I haven't seen such awesome monticaps since Gena took down her old tank.

Now if only you could do something about that white shelf :lol:

Thanks! I loved Gena's monticaps. My green one isn't as nice as hers with the red polyps. I wonder if they will twirl around each other like hers did. You can see the crazy growth pattern the red one is having right now on the outer edge.

Wrap the shelf in gsp?? You'll probably feel different when the piece on it is growing out, covering it up.

Wrap the shelf in gsp?? You'll probably feel different when the piece on it is growing out, covering it up.

GSP would be pretty cool! But I will be worried about it spreading to the backwall. Right now, I have a starburst monti on the ledge. I am hoping it will grow out and hide the white part of the ledge =).

• Like 3

Haha everyone thinks my dogs are shih tzu so you are not bad at all. I never heard of Havanese before I got them either. But they are a great breed, not much health issues and they love to cuddle. Unless you get one like Mooshu who's just a jerk. He pees EVERYWHERE and he does it on purpose. He would beg for water just to refill his pee reservoir. But we love him...well...my wife loves him...

Havanese are great dogs! I have a tip re the peeing - belly band! All the people I know who show toys use them on males. Those toy boys think they are the ultimate macho men.

• Like 1

I like when aquariums have things like that on the back wall for depth. There's just always a bit of a yuck period until they color up and the coral fills in and looks natural. What is the ledge made out of? Hopefully it will color up with coralline pretty fast!

• Like 1
HarryPotter

My (used) Reefer had two slight tears in the black backing- I borrowed black nail polish, made a few coats, and it fixed it 100%.

June FTS and updates:

• Added a rock ledge thingy. Hate it. So white and it left a white mark on the backwall so I can't really move it around anymore or get rid of it.
  • Picked up a small red fromia star over the weekend. Plenty of algae on the backwall for it to eat.
  • Monticaps are getting huge and about to grow into each other.
  • Blue tang looking awesome

27440131451_de1ee700c3_z.jpg

26903165274_7169606396_z.jpg

26903156564_14ea225b79_z.jpg

27413482612_ba56233e2c_z.jpg

Oh my looking incredible! Your fish selection is badass and those caps :wub:
  • Like 1

I'm sure it'll hide it in no time. GSP is like the cover up with duct tape option!!!!

hahaha...that's so true and funny

Havanese are great dogs! I have a tip re the peeing - belly band! All the people I know who show toys use them on males. Those toy boys think they are the ultimate macho men.

He has belly band on most of the time but still manages to piss on stuff when you least expect it..

Tank is looking great! Those caps are beautiful and I'm sure the white ledge won't be white for long. :)

Thanks! Once tank stabilize more, I want ACROS!

looking at stocking ideas for my 350. What fish do you have in your tank now? Thanks

Currently, 2 snowflake clowns, midas blenny, male lyretail anthias, yellow tang, yellow coris, 2 firefish, blue tang, and neon dottyback

Great shots! Where'd u get the white ledge/what is holding it on there? Magnets or glued it?

Got them online from AquaMags. They are held on by magnet.

I like when aquariums have things like that on the back wall for depth. There's just always a bit of a yuck period until they color up and the coral fills in and looks natural. What is the ledge made out of? Hopefully it will color up with coralline pretty fast!

Yea, I added it for depth and to have more room for corals. I actualy have a second one but I need to email AquaMag and ask them why they leave a white stain on the glass before I put on the second one.

My (used) Reefer had two slight tears in the black backing- I borrowed black nail polish, made a few coats, and it fixed it 100%.

Oh my looking incredible! Your fish selection is badass and those caps :wub:

Thanks! You need more fish in your tank and I need more acros in mine =P.

Love it, Ninja! Everything looks so happy and colorful!

Where do you have your clam set?

Right now it is sitting on a Harry hammock on the sandbed. You can barely see it in the FTS next to the small red gonipora frag near the middle of the tank.

• Like 2

Looks gorgeous! I say there's a great chance of them twirling around each other. They will compete for the light and space..the red is already slightly growing on top of the green :). It's going to look amazing :wub:.

• Like 1

Looks gorgeous! I say there's a great chance of them twirling around each other. They will compete for the light and space..the red is already slightly growing on top of the green :). It's going to look amazing :wub:.

I hope so!

My God your tank is gorgeous!!

Thanks! It's coming along nicely. May pick up a McCosker wrasse this weekend....last fish...i swear

• Like 3

I hope so!

Thanks! It's coming along nicely. May pick up a McCosker wrasse this weekend....last fish...i swear

I've always wanted a McCosker wrasse, one day...
  • Like 2

Well, hello there, Patrick! (Honestly, he just needs a pair of shorts). That is a fabulous shot. I just love your tank!

Haha. I was thinking about Peach from Finding Nemo but Patrick from Spongebob will do too!

Now I want a starfish

I like these because they will stick to the glass and mine been out a lot instead of hiding like most brittle starfish. But these require large tanks and difficult to keep for long. I purposely got a small one hoping my tank has enough film algae for it to eat.

• Like 4