Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Ninja's Red Sea Reefer 350 - still here!

ninjamyst

My starburst monticap fell off the ledge rock last night onto a sunset monti frag on the sandbed. Now that's a big white spot on both...blah. Water change later today and rearranging some corals.

Awww darn :(. But they should both grow back pretty quickly. I noticed that when I had my montis. It doesn't take long at all. Sorry about your torch.

• Like 1
HarryPotter

4ml a day in 350 liters seems really weird given your montipora growth! Could your Mg be out of whack?

Hope things smooth out ASAP!

• Like 1

Tried to get a FTS but it turned out horrible. Here's the red gonipora though.

27848364462_d3594e4393_z.jpg

And my poor starburst montipora...

27848362272_2215b2a78f_z.jpg

4ml a day in 350 liters seems really weird given your montipora growth! Could your Mg be out of whack?

Hope things smooth out ASAP!

well, i just started at 4ml yesterday to raise calcium back up. It dropped from 500+ to 350 since I last tested a couple of months ago. Increased it to 8ml today.

• Like 7

Hey ninja a random question for ya. How many pounds of rock do you have in your display? Also what did you do to cure/cycle it?

Hey ninja a random question for ya. How many pounds of rock do you have in your display? Also what did you do to cure/cycle it?

I have about 50lbs of rock I think. I just put it into the tank and cycled it for 2 weeks with bio spira and MB7.

Ok cool I think Im going to order the nano package from Premium Aquatics. Im just not satisfied with the BRS stuff in my fusion 10 so I dont want to use it in the lagoon. Thanks for your help:)

• Like 1

u have time this weekend? i will be up by schamburg probably saturday morning / afternoon.

:( I'm in Florida till next weds
  • Like 1

Where are the July 4th sales?!?!?! Need a new skimmer and ap700 diffusers.

Just saw MD has a ton on sale. I still need to go through the sale ad.
  • Like 2

Starfish is front and center today. Perfect photo op for July FTS. Also decided to try taking photos during the day to get more light. Bad thing is more glare and reflection of the closet door.

28026747625_2a4b09cb43_z.jpg

27412761894_d84c463679_z.jpg

Placed an order for AquaMaxx CO-1 protein skimmer and Kessil AP700 major diffuser. Really want to get into SPS, but one acro frag is already showing bright color on one side and brown on the other due to lack of coverage.

• Like 15

Picked up a large yellow gorgonian today. The polyps are bright yellow and it's photosynthetic (so the LFS claims). I love it! Not sure where I am gonna put it though...will have to figure that out tomorrow when I do water change. How is it possible I ran out of room again. I just upgraded!

• Like 4
Nano sapiens

Starfish is front and center today. Perfect photo op for July FTS. Also decided to try taking photos during the day to get more light. Bad thing is more glare and reflection of the closet door.

28026747625_2a4b09cb43_z.jpg

27412761894_d84c463679_z.jpg

Placed an order for AquaMaxx CO-1 protein skimmer and Kessil AP700 major diffuser. Really want to get into SPS, but one acro frag is already showing bright color on one side and brown on the other due to lack of coverage.

Really nice FTS!

• Like 1

That's just 1/2 of it. $35 for a big chunk.

28044335615_a784c7f42b_z.jpg

That yellow!

28044330385_730e27db23_z.jpg

Random zoa pic since I have the camera out

27966600011_9cd4ba8028_z.jpg

Tube anemone still doing well

27763658350_ff0bb9c403_z.jpg

FTS looks fantastic! I don't see any glare :D

Still loving that starfish :wub:

me too! I look for it every day to see where it is. It's very adventurous =)

Upgrade to a tank that stretches that whole wall, you won't run out of room for a while more ;)

lol, i should have went bigger....

Really nice FTS!

Thanks!!

• Like 10

Holy cow! That yellow gorg is fantastic :)

They had two. I am tempted to go back tomorrow and snatch the other one.

Whoa! What's that gorg called?

No idea! I dont think they know either. I asked for the price and the guy was like "is that a coral or a sponge?". I think maybe he gave me the wrong price...hahahah.

• Like 2