ReefCleaners.org

Ninja's Red Sea Reefer 350 - still here!

ninjamyst

vegasgundog

June FTS and updates:

• Added a rock ledge thingy. Hate it. So white and it left a white mark on the backwall so I can't really move it around anymore or get rid of it.
  • Picked up a small red fromia star over the weekend. Plenty of algae on the backwall for it to eat.
  • Monticaps are getting huge and about to grow into each other.
  • Blue tang looking awesome

27440131451_de1ee700c3_z.jpg

26903165274_7169606396_z.jpg

26903156564_14ea225b79_z.jpg

27413482612_ba56233e2c_z.jpg

:bowdown:

• Like 7

Love that starfish photo! You've got some serious photography skills :)

Thanks! It's easy when the starfish doesn't move much =P. Not as impressive as your fish photos.

Aww! Super cute starfish!

Got him from Xzotic Aquatic World. They just reopened 15 mins from my house.

• Like 1
SheriffTang638

hey ninja awesome tank you got there. Do you run a chiller on the tank currently or no, cuz I have an RSM 250 and the pumps would add a lot of heat to the water, although it also had T5s, not LEDS.

• Like 1

hey ninja awesome tank you got there. Do you run a chiller on the tank currently or no, cuz I have an RSM 250 and the pumps would add a lot of heat to the water, although it also had T5s, not LEDS.

I dont run a chiller. I have a fan that turns on though when the temperature gets above 80 degrees. Being in Chicago, I can get away with just a fan.

• Like 1
SheriffTang638

I dont run a chiller. I have a fan that turns on though when the temperature gets above 80 degrees. Being in Chicago, I can get away with just a fan.

thats pretty sweet. it otherwise really adds to the cost of the system, although red sea maxes are pretty pricey anyways.

• Like 2

Dam that looks good, nice to get away with just the one light also.

yea, that's the main reason I got the light. Don't want to deal with hassle of daisy chaining a bunch of lights together and making sure they line up perfectly. And no need for multiple power supplies or wires.

• Like 2
Elizabeth94

Wow! It has been a while since I followed up on this build, just realized all my notifications were shut off. I must have messed up my settings before..

Looks fantastic, as expected :happy: That hippo tang looks very small in there, cute baby. I wish they stayed that size.

• Like 1

yea, that's the main reason I got the light. Don't want to deal with hassle of daisy chaining a bunch of lights together and making sure they line up perfectly. And no need for multiple power supplies or wires.

Looks like you are getting some great growth on those montis as well.

• Like 1

Wow! It has been a while since I followed up on this build, just realized all my notifications were shut off. I must have messed up my settings before..

Looks fantastic, as expected :happy: That hippo tang looks very small in there, cute baby. I wish they stayed that size.

I love the hippo tang right now! It does eat a lot....so it will probably get big real soon. sigh

Looks like you are getting some great growth on those montis as well.

Monticaps and birdsnest are doing awesome and growing like crazy. Acros not so much....but could be the water. I have not tested in 3+ months....

• Like 4

My starburst monticap fell off the ledge rock last night onto a sunset monti frag on the sandbed. Now that's a big white spot on both...blah. Water change later today and rearranging some corals.

• Like 1
Elizabeth94

That stinks. they will both be good as new in no time though.. My tank is getting pretty dirty but the sps are coloring up more than ever from the nutrients. I also changed my light settings to be a more blue color than white, I think thats helping with color.

• Like 3

Seems like keeping a smaller tank had less issues. Things need to just be normal for your tank.

It's all good. Part of the hobby unfortunately.

That stinks. they will both be good as new in no time though.. My tank is getting pretty dirty but the sps are coloring up more than ever from the nutrients. I also changed my light settings to be a more blue color than white, I think thats helping with color.

I probably need to feed more but my glass gets pretty dirty every day or two so I think I have enough nutrients.

• Like 1

Lost the torch colony today. 5 heads brown jelly =(.

:( OH NOOOOOOO!

I seriously have issues with euphyllia. I don't know why. They seem to do well for about 6 months then at that 6 month mark, boom. gonzo. I don't get it.

• Like 1

Finally did some water test today.

Alk - 8.5

Ca - 350

wtf. I always had low alk at like 6 and 500+ ca. Now it's the reverse =P. Blah. This forced me to reconnect Apex online and it finally worked!! Hate Apex still. Previously, I did not dose Ca so now I changed it to dose 4ml of Ca and reduced my Alk dosing by 2ml.

:( OH NOOOOOOO!

I seriously have issues with euphyllia. I don't know why. They seem to do well for about 6 months then at that 6 month mark, boom. gonzo. I don't get it.

I can never keep torch for longer than a year. This one lasted about 5 months. Blah. Hammers and frogspawns are much easier.

• Like 1

Finally did some water test today.

Alk - 8.5

Ca - 350

wtf. I always had low alk at like 6 and 500+ ca. Now it's the reverse =P. Blah. This forced me to reconnect Apex online and it finally worked!! Hate Apex still.

Ah yes, I indeed am not a fan of apex either, went with GHL instead. Love their doser.

• Like 1