inTank Media Baskets

Ninja's Red Sea Reefer 350 - still here!

ninjamyst

Anymore thoughts on a new skimmer?

Got the AquaMaxx CO-1. Been running it for 2 days now. Not completely silent but much quieter than old skimmer. Kinda small but so far so good. Still need to dial it in.

• Like 4

Tried to get a FTS but it turned out horrible. Here's the red gonipora though.

27848364462_d3594e4393_z.jpg

And my poor starburst montipora...

27848362272_2215b2a78f_z.jpg

well, i just started at 4ml yesterday to raise calcium back up. It dropped from 500+ to 350 since I last tested a couple of months ago. Increased it to 8ml today.

OMG where did you get the red goni? BEAUTIFUL!

Lost the torch colony today. 5 heads brown jelly =(.

:( I'm so sorry to read this.

I have NO luck with euphyllia. NO clue why. I keep trying though. And I keep killing them.

• Like 1

Picked up a large yellow gorgonian today. The polyps are bright yellow and it's photosynthetic (so the LFS claims). I love it! Not sure where I am gonna put it though...will have to figure that out tomorrow when I do water change. How is it possible I ran out of room again. I just upgraded!

Is it orange/reddish flesh? Not photosynthetic but easy in my experience for an NPS- I got one about 5 months ago and it has doubled in size. Menella sp. The polyps seem to stay out much more than the yellow or red finger gorgs which makes feeding easier.

That's just 1/2 of it. $35 for a big chunk.

28044335615_a784c7f42b_z.jpg

That yellow!

28044330385_730e27db23_z.jpg

Random zoa pic since I have the camera out

27966600011_9cd4ba8028_z.jpg

Tube anemone still doing well

27763658350_ff0bb9c403_z.jpg

me too! I look for it every day to see where it is. It's very adventurous =)

lol, i should have went bigger....

Thanks!!

Love that gorg! I have a small piece (3" or so) and it started at about an inch and a half about 5 months ago. Menella sp. is the name from the best I can tell. That's a good price - I paid I think $20 for my gorg booger :lol:

They had two. I am tempted to go back tomorrow and snatch the other one.

No idea! I dont think they know either. I asked for the price and the guy was like "is that a coral or a sponge?". I think maybe he gave me the wrong price...hahahah.

If they still have it, you should totally get it!!!

I am gonna call them Tuesday and see if they still have the other one. If they do, I am gonna buy the other one. Then make 1" inch frags and sell them for $10 each. And call it Yellow Gold Diamond Sparking Fairy Deepwater Vietnamese Aussie Gorgonian.

you forgot the LE!!! OR the Ninja! Yellow Gold Diamond Sparkling Ninja Fairy Deepwater Vietnamese Aussie Gorgonian.

Ok, where are the cardinals???

• Like 1
HarryPotter

jumpers? i have a BRS top but i hate it. the top is too long so it's not completely straight. if i make the net too tight, it warps the frame. did it 2 times already.

I like my AA top

OMG where did you get the red goni? BEAUTIFUL!

I have NO luck with euphyllia. NO clue why. I keep trying though. And I keep killing them.

It lost some of its color since I got it. It's more pinkish now but still very nice. At least it's still alive! I can keep hammer / frogspawn just fine but torch is no luck.

Is it orange/reddish flesh? Not photosynthetic but easy in my experience for an NPS- I got one about 5 months ago and it has doubled in size. Menella sp. The polyps seem to stay out much more than the yellow or red finger gorgs which makes feeding easier.

Love that gorg! I have a small piece (3" or so) and it started at about an inch and a half about 5 months ago. Menella sp. is the name from the best I can tell. That's a good price - I paid I think $20 for my gorg booger :lol:

you forgot the LE!!! OR the Ninja! Yellow Gold Diamond Sparkling Ninja Fairy Deepwater Vietnamese Aussie Gorgonian.

Ok, where are the cardinals???

Oh no! LFS lied to me. Thanks for the ID. The polyps is ALWAYS out. I hope I can keep it alive now. I may have to start dumping bottles of food into the tank like you do =P.

The cardinals are in my 5g tank right now for QT. One is not eating though =(. It's also missing a fin. My dad got them for me and I guess he didn't inspect them when they were getting netted. I hope they do well so I can move them to my big tank.

I like my AA top

I redid the BRS one again, made it shorter, and got recessed tank top clips so the lid rests flush against the top of the tank. Can barely see it now even when it's on.

• Like 1

It lost some of its color since I got it. It's more pinkish now but still very nice. At least it's still alive! I can keep hammer / frogspawn just fine but torch is no luck.

Oh no! LFS lied to me. Thanks for the ID. The polyps is ALWAYS out. I hope I can keep it alive now. I may have to start dumping bottles of food into the tank like you do =P.

The cardinals are in my 5g tank right now for QT. One is not eating though =(. It's also missing a fin. My dad got them for me and I guess he didn't inspect them when they were getting netted. I hope they do well so I can move them to my big tank.

I redid the BRS one again, made it shorter, and got recessed tank top clips so the lid rests flush against the top of the tank. Can barely see it now even when it's on.

OH NO! I hope it pulls through! That's awesome your dad got them for you!

Yeah, this was sold to me as photosynthetic as well but I realized after I did some research it wasn't. Then I realized any colorful gorgs (yellow, red, etc.) never seem to be photosynthetic so it fits.

Good idea on the BRS top. I am using one now so I might copy you and get some tank clips.

• Like 1

Went to LFS for a conch cuz my wife and I got married on Providenciales, Turks and Caicos and they are famous for conchs. Just so happens they have 50% off ALL corals. I really have no room but came back with a green wall hammer and a small red trachy. Some guy snatched a huge gold rim wall hammer for $30. Crazy. Other places sell them for $100+.

Good idea on the BRS top. I am using one now so I might copy you and get some tank clips.

got them on ebay =)

Justind823

28026747625_2a4b09cb43_z.jpg

Daaaaayyyyuuuummmm

Tank look great of course!

How's your experience with the cespitularia sp. been? How long have you had it? I've always loved the look of it.

• Like 1

Daaaaayyyyuuuummmm

Tank look great of course!

How's your experience with the cespitularia sp. been? How long have you had it? I've always loved the look of it.

Thanks! The Blue Cespitularia is doing great. It took a week for it to perk up, and it sometimes get all sulky for no reason. It already dropped a new branch. It came on a large shell but it will completely take over it soon. I had it for a few months now. The blue stalk looks really nice with the white polyps.

• Like 1

What's the best coral food everyone is using? I have Coral Frenzy, Reef Chili, PhytoPlan, Polyp Booster, and more but I dont see much effect or response... About to buy some Marine Snow on Amazon but seeing mixed reviews. What other snake oil do you all recommend???

• Like 1
HarryPotter

What's the best coral food everyone is using? I have Coral Frenzy, Reef Chili, PhytoPlan, Polyp Booster, and more but I dont see much effect or response... About to buy some Marine Snow on Amazon but seeing mixed reviews. What other snake oil do you all recommend???

REEEEEEF ROIDSSSSSSSSSS

• Like 3
Sk8n Reefer

Yup, reef chili, reef roids and just started the coral frenzy. I've stopped frozen coral foods for a few months now

Edit- stopped liquid coral foods

• Like 1

I feed a mix of reef roids, reef chili and live phyto about an hour after lights out before I head to sleep when all the feeders are out and the pumps are on 10-20% for some gentle flow so it doesn't fly by the corals before they have a chance to trap some.

• Like 1

I feed a mix of reef roids, reef chili and live phyto about an hour after lights out before I head to sleep when all the feeders are out and the pumps are on 10-20% for some gentle flow so it doesn't fly by the corals before they have a chance to trap some.

daily?

Yup, reef chili, reef roids and just started the coral frenzy. I've stopped frozen coral foods for a few months now

Edit- stopped liquid coral foods

daily?

• Like 1

haha on nights that I remember to do it, I only add about 2 of those little scoops that come with reef chili of each the chili and roids and about 50-60 mL of phyto.

• Like 1

haha on nights that I remember to do it, I only add about 2 of those little scoops that come with reef chili of each the chili and roids and about 50-60 mL of phyto.

lol i use 1/4 of the spoon that comes with reef chili. i guess i really need to feed more...hahahahahah

Sk8n Reefer

daily?

daily?

Yes daily, I add it to my mysis, reef cuisine that I feed the fish with. During the day my wife will feed the fish flakes and pellets

Checking in my friend! Things are looking very good - beautiful really! I always go over to Flickr so I can see in full screen view!! :wub:

Hope you're doing well!

• Like 1

need help. my wellso is all shriveled up and a new trachy I bought yesterday is the same. already did water change yesterday too.

they are both on the sandbed and not in direct flow.

From my experience, they need to be placed at the corners. Not shaded, but not super bright light.
  • Like 1