Pod Your Reef

Ninja's Red Sea Reefer 350 - still here!

ninjamyst

part of the reason my cube came down was because the monticaps were outgrowing it (mostly the green) and I couldn't trim it nicely. It looked blah to me. And the bigger tank was a bit overwhelming for me. I wanted something small again :).

I'm constantly trimming my monticaps in the 10g tank. At some point I might just take them out completely and start them over again from new frags, since they grow so fast.

• Like 1

part of the reason my cube came down was because the monticaps were outgrowing it (mostly the green) and I couldn't trim it nicely. It looked blah to me. And the bigger tank was a bit overwhelming for me. I wanted something small again :).

I'm constantly trimming my monticaps in the 10g tank. At some point I might just take them out completely and start them over again from new frags, since they grow so fast.

how do you trim them without shattering them?

• Like 1

how do you trim them without shattering them?

I don't worry too much about them shattering, they'll just grow back :)

But since mine are smaller and I trim them fairly often, I just use a pair of forceps and nibble away at the edges until I get the shape I want. As long as I don't try to break off too much at one it doesn't shatter.

• Like 2

it happened. took down the red cap, pink stylo, and birds of paradise. tank looks...empty?

if you are local and have room for corals, let me know before i put them up on sale on local forum. $20 each. discount for NR members.

• Like 3
jedimasterben

It has purplish red branches that grow in no particular pattern similar to yours, with yellow/orange polyp.

AFAIK there are no gorgonians that are photosynthetic that don't have white/tan polyps. :/

it happened. took down the red cap, pink stylo, and birds of paradise. tank looks...empty?

if you are local and have room for corals, let me know before i put them up on sale on local forum. $20 each. discount for NR members.

New FTS? Mine never shattered. The hardest part for me was getting nice pieces to sell. Mine caps were ginormous and along the edges it was easy to cut but further in it was very thick and I had to use bone cutters.

• Like 2

New FTS? Mine never shattered. The hardest part for me was getting nice pieces to sell. Mine caps were ginormous and along the edges it was easy to cut but further in it was very thick and I had to use bone cutters.

Tank is looking crappy right now. After I rearranged a bunch of stuff, got a huge algae bloom and now red cyano. I need to get rid of these big colonies on the sandbed. The birds of paradise kept falling to the side and into the RFAs so it started to STN. And my male anthias stopped eating =(. I can't catch him and I don't want to prazipro the tank.

In happier news, we have 5 dogs and 2 cats in the house this weekend. So expect lots of doggy and kitty pics. Here's one from tonight of Oscar. He's old and battling cancer. He's such a gentle dog. Staying with us for a few days while his parents are away on vacay.

28687972792_3dd9b2286d_z.jpg

• Like 10

Here's Mio, one of two Ragdolls staying with us for two weeks. Love the blue eyes and super soft fur. He's been eyeing the tank from the staircase though...plotting to catch some a meal?

28190932403_2f11d15f31_z.jpg

I second Annette's suggestion of photographing for shelters.

Mio is gorgeous. What ever happened with you getting a kitten or two? :)

• Like 1

Well, you should take pictures for shelters. They all look wonderful. What a pretty cat, gorgeous.

We work with a rescue group and foster often. They usually give us the older dogs so I can take good photos of them for the adoption website =). It really does help.

I second Annette's suggestion of photographing for shelters.

Mio is gorgeous. What ever happened with you getting a kitten or two? :)

Still thinking about it =P. These two Ragdolls are a trial for us. They belong to my wife's coworker who's going on vacation for 2 weeks. My wife is allergic to cats but she has been taking allergy shots for the past 8 years. This is a test to see if she can handle living with Ragdolls.

• Like 2

3 hours water change today. Cleaned up the sand bed finally (but I just placed an order with Saltcritters...blah). The yellow non photosynthetic gorgonian is still doing well and becoming a nice center piece of the tank.

FTS

27911183403_e4bd9d8c1a_z.jpg

28243368150_32fea128a3_z.jpg

Just the left side

27911176823_d247ebbaa4_z.jpg

New wall hammer

28449209351_6789eac465_z.jpg

Clam doing well

28421153682_717128cf49_z.jpg

Monticaps spiraling into each other =)

28449216271_f294c881f8_z.jpg

Side view

28421138452_f2f4170142_z.jpg

Great photos!!!! I'm so jealous of that gorgonian!

• Like 1

Great photos!!!! I'm so jealous of that gorgonian!

I miss that FTS! Things are kinda weird looking in the tank right now without the red monticap. And I moved a rock from the back to the front but something feels off.

But you have the same gorgonian! Just need to make it grow =P.

• Like 1

I miss that FTS! Things are kinda weird looking in the tank right now without the red monticap. And I moved a rock from the back to the front but something feels off.

But you have the same gorgonian! Just need to make it grow =P.

:D yeah it's only about 3 inches high and two branches!!

I bet it looks off because you're still getting used to the difference.

• Like 1

:D yeah it's only about 3 inches high and two branches!!

I bet it looks off because you're still getting used to the difference.

yea, i may play around with it more this weekend. may just move it back. it does give me more place to mount corals =P.

Did someone say puppies and kittens? I was not disappointed! :wub:

The tank is looking fantastic too!

Here's another one for you =). Mio is just the cutest and so demanding. Always rubbing against me. Here he is on the kitchen countertop.

28752022851_c703af52f8_z.jpg

• Like 8

Here's another one for you =). Mio is just the cutest and so demanding. Always rubbing against me. Here he is on the kitchen countertop.

28752022851_c703af52f8_z.jpg

:wub:

Fingers crossed that your wife does well :).

• Like 2

You really know how to draw a crowd! Puppies and kittens?! :P

That cat is awesome looking, the eyes are amazing. You should just keep him.

• Like 1

You really know how to draw a crowd! Puppies and kittens?! :P

That cat is awesome looking, the eyes are amazing. You should just keep him.

haha. puppies and kittens better than my tank pics right now =P.

• Like 1

Here's Mio, one of two Ragdolls staying with us for two weeks. Love the blue eyes and super soft fur. He's been eyeing the tank from the staircase though...plotting to catch some a meal?

28190932403_2f11d15f31_z.jpg

Quoting this picture because its international cat day today! Meow!

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...