Top Shelf Aquatics

Ninja's Red Sea Reefer 350 - still here!

ninjamyst

New FTS looks great. Where did you get the mag rocks from? I was thinking of maybe pulling my monti off of the overflow and doing something similar to what you have done. Depends how lazy I feel like being lol.

• Like 1

New FTS looks great. Where did you get the mag rocks from? I was thinking of maybe pulling my monti off of the overflow and doing something similar to what you have done. Depends how lazy I feel like being lol.

http://www.aqua-mags.com/. Not sure if they ship to Australia though...

Damn, I really wanted a piece of that Miyagi. I'm sure he will have more in the future.

Yea, he said it's a fast grower.

• Like 1

Very nice! Sorry about the anthias though.

Your Miyagi makes me really miss the one I had in the 4g, it was coloring up beautifully before the crash.

• Like 1

Very nice! Sorry about the anthias though.

Your Miyagi makes me really miss the one I had in the 4g, it was coloring up beautifully before the crash.

I don't have the best luck with acros so crossing my fingers these will keep the color and grow well for me.
  • Like 1

Nice FTS. My PC rainbow looks way different than yours. It doesn't show the striped flesh and shows the red/yellows.

:unsure:

28488325332_4d99fbfc4b_k.jpg

In this picture it is mostly pink with green. Right now in my tank it is red and yellow.

Pink Lemonade is a chameleon IME. It looks like yellow flesh with pink polyps one day and green flesh with brownish polyps the next. Moody.

• Like 2

Nice FTS. My PC rainbow looks way different than yours. It doesn't show the striped flesh and shows the red/yellows.

In this picture it is mostly pink with green. Right now in my tank it is red and yellow.

Here's the mother colony. Mine has a bit of coloring up to do =P.

P1460870.jpg

photo credit goes to Sawdonkey on ChicagoReefs

• Like 2

Pink Lemonade is a chameleon IME. It looks like yellow flesh with pink polyps one day and green flesh with brownish polyps the next. Moody.

Whats with the green on the base?

Whats with the green on the base?

It was yellow when I got it. Nearly browned out when I put it in my tank along with my other corals. Had an episode of high salinity and associated problems. In my experience when SPS start to heal back up, the first pigment they show is green. Right now this coral has none of that left.

• Like 1

I just purchased the same tank a few weeks ago and cycling is finally complete. What is your current stocking list for your tank? Here are my thoughts for my own and would love feedback. Thanks!

- Percula Clowns (pair) - from previous tank

- Royal Gramma - from previous tank

- Flame Hawkfish

- Yellow Tang

- Leopard Wrasse or Christmas Wrasse

- Midas Blenny

- Diamond Goby

I also have one female Lyretail Anthias from my other tank but thinking of trading it in for store credit.

• Like 1

Sooooo, i been hiding this copperband butterfly in my Spec V for 3 days now. It was eating mysis at the LFS in a tank full of tangs so I figure it's tough. Tonight I finally got it to eat some mysis. I plan to keep it in the Spec V for 3-4 weeks and train it to eat Larry's and mysis. You can tell all the nasty algae that grew in the back wall in the past 3 days from me feeding it a lot....This is probably my favorite fish from my childhood.

29191392655_bab0efda9e_z.jpg

• Like 17

I just purchased the same tank a few weeks ago and cycling is finally complete. What is your current stocking list for your tank? Here are my thoughts for my own and would love feedback. Thanks!

- Percula Clowns (pair) - from previous tank

- Royal Gramma - from previous tank

- Flame Hawkfish

- Yellow Tang

- Leopard Wrasse or Christmas Wrasse

- Midas Blenny

- Diamond Goby

I also have one female Lyretail Anthias from my other tank but thinking of trading it in for store credit.

Congrats on the tank! I love mine...as you can tell =P.

Currently I have:

Snowflake clowns (2)

Yellow Tang

Blue Tang

Midas Blenny

Yellow Wrasse

Firefish (will get 4-5 more)

Neon Dottyback (want to get rid of)

Banggai Cardinal (may get rid of)

I tried Anthias many times but just can't keep them for long. They either jump or stop eating after a few months. Your list looks great and I actually thought of getting all the fish you listed. I decided to focus on open swimmers so I knocked the diamond goby and flame hawkfish off the list. The royal gramma I should have gotten instead of neon dottyback. I had a Christmas Wrasse that died on me =(.

Sooooo, i been hiding this copperband butterfly in my Spec V for 3 days now. It was eating mysis at the LFS in a tank full of tangs so I figure it's tough. Tonight I finally got it to eat some mysis. I plan to keep it in the Spec V for 3-4 weeks and train it to eat Larry's and mysis. You can tell all the nasty algae that grew in the back wall in the past 3 days from me feeding it a lot....This is probably my favorite fish from my childhood.

That's like one of my holy grail fish. I've always loved them but always heard how fussy they are and never had the right size tank for one. Sounds like you found a tough one :).

• Like 3

i hope you have a cover for that tank :S Cool fish! i want one as well

• Like 1
Obsessed Reefer

Beautiful! One of my favorite fish!

• Like 1