Coral Vue Hydros

Ninja's Red Sea Reefer 350 - still here!

ninjamyst

I ended up cancelling the Amazon order. I measured the stand and 2 feet is too long for me to mount the UV light where I want it. I may order the smaller 36W instead.

I have this:

http://www.marineandreef.com/Coralife_Turbo_Twist_6X_UV_Sterilizer_18W_p/RES15601.htm?gclid=CjwKEAiA9JW2BRDxtaq2ruDg22oSJACgtTxc36nYX3Kx-sDPHHc65hFF8v6Uem46xLe9g4wNbaOg3BoCJI7w_wcB

with Cobalt 400.

Not sure if I should use it or not

• Like 1

That's a big boy skimmer :D

They actually sent me two for some reason... =P.

Nice Skimmer! It looks like it will pull some nice crap out......

sure hope so!

if u got it, use it. or sell it to me for $20

• Like 1

sure hope so!

I wasn't planning on using UV. I could do $120 shipped with the Cobalt I think, its kind of heavy. Less than 2 months

• Like 1

sure hope so!

Hell like you said if you got 2 sell me one for 20 :lol:

• Like 1

I wasn't planning on using UV. I could do $120 shipped with the Cobalt I think, its kind of heavy. Less than 2 months

i am gonna get the 36w one i think.

Hell like you said if you got 2 sell me one for 20 :lol:

i am waiting for that email to send it back...haha

• Like 1

Woke up this morning to my wife screaming the tank is leaking. Skimmer overflowed last night and enough water splashed out of the holes on the lid to create a puddle around the tank. I only had the skimmer pump on the second setting. Another noob mistake of mine...

• Like 1
jedimasterben

Woke up this morning to my wife screaming the tank is leaking. Skimmer overflowed last night and enough water splashed out of the holes on the lid to create a puddle around the tank. I only had the skimmer pump on the second setting. Another noob mistake of mine...

Is the outlet gate all the way open? I have my D500 tuned to the pump at full power and the the outlet gate basically full open, I think it is restricted only a tiny bit. The dynamics of skimmers change with size, though, and with different pumps, so definitely something you'll have to play around with. I'm lucky that the smaller one is simpler :/

Is the outlet gate all the way open? I have my D500 tuned to the pump at full power and the the outlet gate basically full open, I think it is restricted only a tiny bit. The dynamics of skimmers change with size, though, and with different pumps, so definitely something you'll have to play around with. I'm lucky that the smaller one is simpler :/

yea, the gate is all the way open but its sitting in 9in of water. it's just breaking in probably. i should have taken the lid off last night knowing it may overflow as it breaks in. water probably got underneath the sump so I am debating whether I should take everything out tonight to dry the bottom of the stand or just let it be...

jedimasterben

yea, the gate is all the way open but its sitting in 9in of water. it's just breaking in probably. i should have taken the lid off last night knowing it may overflow as it breaks in. water probably got underneath the sump so I am debating whether I should take everything out tonight to dry the bottom of the stand or just let it be...

I would just take the drain off and let it drain right back into the sump for a few days and see where it gets you. I can't remember what water depth is optimal, but it should be right around what you have now.

• Like 1

I have always tried to keep anything that can "fail" ( with water ) away from the sides so you do not have to worry if that happens.

-D

Lesson learned. I need to make a splash guard :P.

I would rake it all apart and let it dry. Hopefully no water under the stand.

There's a mat under the sump so I am hoping that's good enough. Taking all the plumbing out and draining the sump and overflow...is not something I am looking forward to.

I would just take the drain off and let it drain right back into the sump for a few days and see where it gets you. I can't remember what water depth is optimal, but it should be right around what you have now.

Yup, that's what I did this morning. I like they included a valve with the drain. Super easy to use.
  • Like 3

Eeekkk I know this feeling except mine is when an apex alarm is going off and I don't hear it but she does and I get hit with a pillow

• Like 3

Quad led pucks and 2 t5 should be good it's a 24" fixture. I'm leaning heavily toward ordering a hybrid and plan to eventually upgrade to the reefer 425xl and keep the reef savvy as a frag tank

Quad led pucks and 2 t5 should be good it's a 24" fixture. I'm leaning heavily toward ordering a hybrid and plan to eventually upgrade to the reefer 425xl and keep the reef savvy as a frag tank

24" T5 can cover 48"? I know the LED pucks will help but wont the center of the tank look very different than rest of the tank?

24" T5 can cover 48"? I know the LED pucks will help but wont the center of the tank look very different than rest of the tank?

hmmm id think at maybe 12" above the water line it'd be plenty of light without any areas looking different then the rest. We could ask Dave to verify but I'd think it'd be plenty.
  • Like 1

:lol: It shouldn't have, but this cracked me up. A couple weeks ago, I gave my skimmer a vinegar bath. I forgot I needed to break it in again. My husband woke me up at 5 AM saying the entire downstairs smelled like a sewer and when he opened the cabinet, there were bubbles everywhere :lol: Well, nothing overflowed out of the sump thank god. But the SMELL. OMG. It was horrid!

• Like 2

:lol: It shouldn't have, but this cracked me up. A couple weeks ago, I gave my skimmer a vinegar bath. I forgot I needed to break it in again. My husband woke me up at 5 AM saying the entire downstairs smelled like a sewer and when he opened the cabinet, there were bubbles everywhere :lol: Well, nothing overflowed out of the sump thank god. But the SMELL. OMG. It was horrid!

every time i clean the skimmer cup, i ask my wife to smell the skimmate and she gives me the death stare =P

• Like 3