Coral Vue Hydros

Ninja's Red Sea Reefer 350 - still here!

ninjamyst

Thanks everyone! Definitely need more fish with all that open space. I regret not getting that baby blue hippo but I know they are ich magnets and I dont QT so I won't risk it.

Just roll the dice :lol: I do not QT either and should.......so far I have been lucky I guess......

I thought you ad a QT though ? What about the sick fish you had ?

Just roll the dice :lol: I do not QT either and should.......so far I have been lucky I guess......

I thought you ad a QT though ? What about the sick fish you had ?

I use my Fluval Spec V as observation QT or to dose prazipro. If the fish has ich, I won't be able to medicate with copper in the nano tank. Although I guess I can get the baby hippo and observe it for a few weeks in the nano. But ich can stay dormant forever....

• Like 1

My favorite thing is the leather :).

I like your new wellso. It's my second favorite thing your YOUR tank :).

As much as I want sticks, LPS is still my fav. Your wellso inspired me to get mine =). I wish mine is more pastel color like yours though.

That tank is 11 mos old? Dayummmm!!!! It was very enjoyable, relaxing, lullabying me to a comfortable place.

The fish in there are so smoothing. I am surprised he's able to keep a butterfly in an SPS tank.

• Like 2

Looking good man, those FTS's are sick! No jumpers in your fish collection?

I keep a lid on when I am sleeping or not home. But so far, no jumpers. The lid is off about 4-5 hours on weekdays and all day on weekends. The firefish stay in the bottom half of the tank and when scared, they go into their hole.

Need someone's help. Still having issues with my skimmer. It is loud and doesn't create enough foam / bubble. I adjusted the valve thing all the way to Min (it's reverse so Min = more air). I tried cleaning the venturi and blowing water out of the air line.

• Like 2

Weirdness. Still having issues. Mine sits at about 8" water line. And you've cleaned the Venturi so I'm puzzled

There's a lot of buildup inside the venturi since I got this thing used. I had it running whisper quiet just a few days ago. And then all of a sudden, it got loud and stopped foaming up. I guess I can try and take this thing apart and clean it inside out.

• Like 1

As much as I want sticks, LPS is still my fav. Your wellso inspired me to get mine =). I wish mine is more pastel color like yours though.

As much as I don't want sticks.. LPS and softies are my favs :D. Keep an eye out for a pink one...you have plenty of room :happydance:. I covet Slowtwitch's pink and blue :).
  • Like 2

As much as I don't want sticks.. LPS and softies are my favs :D. Keep an eye out for a pink one...you have plenty of room :happydance:. I covet Slowtwitch's pink and blue :).

I originally got that pink and blue wellso from Aqua SD them my sent it to slowtwitch.They've posted up a few more very similar for sale since then. Not sure how close you are to them but might be worth looking for one at their store!

• Like 3

I originally got that pink and blue wellso from Aqua SD them my sent it to slowtwitch.They've posted up a few more very similar for sale since then. Not sure how close you are to them but might be worth looking for one at their store!

Cool..thanks! I'll have to remember to check their website from time to time. I'm in LA so not that close. But maybe I can put that on my wish list for MACNA. I know they are going to be there :).
  • Like 2

Couple things -

1) Love the photo of the clown in the flowerpot coral. Stunning!

2) You can keep other wrasses with the 6 line, I've had 3 additional wrasses in with mine for more than a year now. He is a bit of David vs. Goliath when it comes to the other wrasses but nothing serious.

Great updates, love how clean your system is.

• Like 3

you dont miss your montis? =P

Couple things -

1) Love the photo of the clown in the flowerpot coral. Stunning!

2) You can keep other wrasses with the 6 line, I've had 3 additional wrasses in with mine for more than a year now. He is a bit of David vs. Goliath when it comes to the other wrasses but nothing serious.

Great updates, love how clean your system is.

Thanks! The 6 line is metrokat's, but I am tempted to get one now =P.

• Like 1

My pinkish acro is turning green and getting pale. Thoughts? Shouldn't be a low nutrient issue since I have cyano and have to clean my glass almost daily now. Light too strong?

Any pics of before and now? How long has it been in the tank? If not long could be lighting?

Also is the green actual color or is it algae?

• Like 1

Any pics of before and now? How long has it been in the tank? If not long could be lighting?

Also is the green actual color or is it algae?

It's a lime green color but only parts of it is slowly turning. It has been in the tank for a couple of weeks.

Love your tank! If I ever decide to get a bigger tank it will be one of these, very sleek!

Thanks! Your tank is a great inspiration!

enjoy

That is a beautiful tank ninja! So peaceful and you did an excellant job in choosing coral and fish. The overall effect is so peaceful and harmonic. BTW, I love your choice of backround music too. Thats my husband's favorite song.
  • Like 2

That is a beautiful tank ninja! So peaceful and you did an excellant job in choosing coral and fish. The overall effect is so peaceful and harmonic. BTW, I love your choice of backround music too. Thats my husband's favorite song.

Wish I can take credit of the tank but it's just a youtube video I found =P. I have watched it many many times for inspiration and just wanted to share it. It is beautiful though!

• Like 2
thecoralbeauty

Some pics of the new wellso. It is super fluffy right now.

24255272824_7fb4230691_c.jpg

24790045231_2f0502e9c8_c.jpg

Two of the nems moved to the sand so I had to scrape them back onto the rock. Hope I didn't injure their foot.

24790041961_0d3e2926cc_c.jpg

Tank shots. I need more fish....

24256560343_c939b12969_c.jpg

24587961470_e307abf7ca_c.jpg

Running Apex, DOS, Bubble Magus Curve 5, BRS Reactor, Eheim Compact 3000+ pump, Gyre XF130.

oh my gosh. i love this!!!! everything looks so amazing!!! :wub: very jealous. i kind of miss my long dimensions now.

• Like 3