Cultivated Reef

Ninja's Red Sea Reefer 350 - still here!

ninjamyst

What did I just watch?!?!?! And I watched the whole thing.

Nice lol. I'm still using a normal lens, not sure what macro to get, so I won't be using a finger tripod at the moment lol. My issue is more how to get the images to come out without my LEDs washing everything in violet =P

Those nems are awesome, I know I love mine. I wanted to do a rock nem garden in my next upgrade like that :)

Custom white balance. Or change your white balance to Shady / Cloudy. That will remove most of the blues.

:o

Holy moly. I need to go order more :lol: YOU GOT SOME AWESOME ONES!!! VIP has never disappointed in terms of nems matching photos for me :) Yeah, not many of them are more than a couple inches, if that - but you'll notice they'll start to expand more in a couple days too. THESE ARE AWESOME!

That clown photo :wub: He looks a lot like my little Vit! what kind of clown? DaVinci?

And holy hell, Ninja! how many nems did ya get?

I only got 7 =P. Kimberbee got 4. I posted another pic of them all settled on the rock. They didnt move last night! The clown is some fancy snowflake I think. Got it from a local that breeds clowns. He has a warehouse with thousands of them.

• Like 3

The great RFA migration did not happen last night. They all stayed exactly where I put them =P.

Here they are all settled in. I really should have gotten a few more!

24693349346_d5f8e25256_z.jpg

FTS after a water change

24092714723_ac0a12a571_z.jpg

Moved the green cap with blue polyps over to this tank. Hope they grow into each other like Gena's caps in her 40g.

24092717343_6b19caba7e_z.jpg

• Like 3

What did I just watch?!?!?! And I watched the whole thing.

Custom white balance. Or change your white balance to Shady / Cloudy. That will remove most of the blues.

I only got 7 =P. Kimberbee got 4. I posted another pic of them all settled on the rock. They didnt move last night! The clown is some fancy snowflake I think. Got it from a local that breeds clowns. He has a warehouse with thousands of them.

:lol: i watched it too :)

OH you for sure need more nems :) From that first picture, it looked like there were at least 20 in there :)

• Like 1

Here they are all settled in. I really should have gotten a few more!

24693349346_d5f8e25256_z.jpg

FTS after a water change

24092714723_ac0a12a571_z.jpg

Moved the green cap with blue polyps over to this tank. Hope they grow into each other like Gena's caps in her 40g.

24092717343_6b19caba7e_z.jpg

Looks great Ninja!! Absolutely love the tank! I wish I could say us Chicagoans can really build tanks but I can't with the state of mine lol ?

• Like 1

Clown playing in the flowerpot. I am pretty proud of this photo =).

24593985212_6f7a7cda8c_z.jpg

Blasto closeup for Gena

24416253020_75be2d3d91_z.jpg

Love these two photos :wub:.

Everything looks amazing!!!! I love the spot you chose for the RFAs. As long as they don't do a tumbleweed imitation you should be good :).

• Like 2

Hm, I'll have to try the white balance thing. It's my wife's camera so I'll ask if there's a cloudy setting.

Glad to hear the nems didn't move lol. I hear a lot of people have success keeping them in place by spot feeding them, which makes them choose to stay put. I've had mine for a while and they've never moved more than 2 inchs from the original spot :)

• Like 1

I am looking at the tank and I realized two things:

1. The rock can fit like 15 more RFAs of similar size

2. I need more fish

MORE MORE MORE! More of everything :) That's what I say

:flower:

Doooo ittttt! :D

Ditto!

• Like 3

Looking to pick up a new fish this weekend. Maybe a flasher wrasse or another anthias or a pair of banggai cardinals. Or a foxface...who knows!

You should look into fairy wrasse. Gorgeous and relatively cheap. Two cardinals are never a bad choice :)

• Like 1

You should look into fairy wrasse. Gorgeous and relatively cheap. Two cardinals are never a bad choice :)

I showed my wife all the choices and she picked the one spot foxface. I guess it matches the yellow / orange theme of the other fish too. Gonna try and find a small one this weekend =).

Edit: nm, just read their spines are poisonous and they may get aggressive with hand in tank. I mess with the tank all the time so no thank you. Back to square one.

• Like 1

yup, they have some nice nems. I got an acan from them too. Doesn't look as good as their pics but still very nice.

Never heard of them until now, I may have to drive over there after seeing your nems lol.

And banggai's would look great, maybe even some pajama cardinals if you like that temperament

• Like 1