Cultivated Reef

Ninja's Red Sea Reefer 350 - still here!

ninjamyst

would love another tang...but let's keep the budget under $50 =P. hahahah

All I saw was a open swimmer no mention of a budget :lol:

You have a reefer so you should be able to afford a good fish.......

Yeah my LFS has a few smaller Purple Tangs and they are 175.00 a pop I think.......Chevrons are up there also......I did see a poor mans purple tang today :lol: Blue Atlantic Tang and it looked pretty cool looking.

• Like 1

All I saw was a open swimmer no mention of a budget :lol:

You have a reefer so you should be able to afford a good fish.......

Yeah my LFS has a few smaller Purple Tangs and they are 175.00 a pop I think.......Chevrons are up there also......I did see a poor mans purple tang today :lol: Blue Atlantic Tang and it looked pretty cool looking.

I saw this black tang at my LFS with white dots. It was a beauty. It was crazy expensive though.

Maybe I should just get two more anthias but different kinds...but they eat and poop so much.

• Like 2

I read a ton about dwarf angels and finally decided to get a flame angel for my 350. He's been in there about 2 weeks and the first couple of days I was kind of worried because he seemed to sample (no damaged) just about every coral and piece of rock in the tank. After that and cleaning up every speck of gha on my zoa frags, I haven't seen him even look twice at any of my corals.

• Like 2

Get a couple borbonius antheas :lol:

they look like diseased goldfish =P

I read a ton about dwarf angels and finally decided to get a flame angel for my 350. He's been in there about 2 weeks and the first couple of days I was kind of worried because he seemed to sample (no damaged) just about every coral and piece of rock in the tank. After that and cleaning up every speck of gha on my zoa frags, I haven't seen him even look twice at any of my corals.

i plan on getting a clam later so that's why i am worried about dwarf angels. but they are sooo pretty.

• Like 2

I been stalking their site every night and they just put up new ones =). I wanted to get even more...but I worry how true to color their photos are. Some look tooo actinic. There are still some nice $20 ones left on the site.

From the ones I've gotten, they're all pretty true to the colors on the site I find. The only thing I found was one that I thought was more purply really ended up being a bit more brown in the skirt, but i still love it.

• Like 1

Loved my last flame angel, probably one of my fav fishes.... Nipped and nipped at my sps till there was no pe. Caught him in a fish trap and wihin 2 days of him being gone everything was back to looking good.

• Like 1

Get a couple borbonius antheas :lol:

Awesome fish...basically a step up from a sunburst anthia, but theyre even more expensive than a purple tang or chevron, and thats forr just one. Pairs usually go for 400+.

• Like 2

From the ones I've gotten, they're all pretty true to the colors on the site I find. The only thing I found was one that I thought was more purply really ended up being a bit more brown in the skirt, but i still love it.

They listed new ones...so tempted to buy more. Haha. How are the sizes?

Loved my last flame angel, probably one of my fav fishes.... Nipped and nipped at my sps till there was no pe. Caught him in a fish trap and wihin 2 days of him being gone everything was back to looking good.

angel of death

Awesome fish...basically a step up from a sunburst anthia, but theyre even more expensive than a purple tang or chevron, and thats forr just one. Pairs usually go for 400+.

My LFS had a sale on them recently. $125 each or something.

• Like 2

angel of death

The sizes vary. None are tiny tiny, but a couple I've gotten have been about 1.5". Most are around 2".

And I am pretending you didn't say they've listed new ones :lol:

• Like 3

they look like diseased goldfish =P

What !!!! I actually like the little buggers :lol:

The sizes vary. None are tiny tiny, but a couple I've gotten have been about 1.5". Most are around 2".

And I am pretending you didn't say they've listed new ones :lol:

You know you want more :P

• Like 2

This one is begging you to take her home:

DSC_0171__21637.1453502566.1280.1280.jpg

OMG look at all the babies around it!One to the left of its skirt and one growing above it on the tank.

I got one similar to that for $20 last time I was there. This one has purple stripes within the white lines

48419723-06FD-4941-87FD-C44A6BA369AC_zps

• Like 2

Will let the tank stabilize and get some more SPS. Montis, birdsnest, and stylos are all doing great but acros not so great.

I've got a little acro frag you can have. It was purple-ish brown in my bio cube, but has turned BRIGHT green under my nano box!! I think I have 5 or 6 frags that I need to start getting rid of!!

• Like 2

OMG look at all the babies around it!One to the left of its skirt and one growing above it on the tank.

I didn't even notice the babies until you pointed them out :wub:.
  • Like 2

angel of death

Wow that is by far the cheapest I have ever heard of for one of those.

Came home to a dead anthias. The one in the nano passed away. It was looking great and eating great. I dosed Prazipro last night. Maybe I overdosed? I followed the direction and added 1/4 teaspoon. I did a 20% water change on Sunday. Maybe I should have changed more water before redosing. Maybe I should have added it back to the main tank. Sigh.

Aw that's too bad. Sometimes there's just nothing to be done. It's easy to second guess yourself but if you followed the instructions maybe it was just not meant to be for the little guy :(

• Like 3

Yeah, I noticed those babies. Nem babies are the cutest babies! When do you have a shipment coming in?

this saturday! looking forward to it.

Aw that's too bad. Sometimes there's just nothing to be done. It's easy to second guess yourself but if you followed the instructions maybe it was just not meant to be for the little guy :(

just bummed cuz he recovered fully and i was so happy i was able to treat him. sigh.

• Like 3

Maybe seemed fine but you never really know.

This hobby throws curve balls all the time :rolleyes: I have had fish just up and die for no reason and could never figure it out.....

I came home today to a white stick :( Yesterday my red dragon frag looked great well not tonight........