Coral Vue Hydros

Ninja's Red Sea Reefer 350 - still here!

ninjamyst

PicO is still going but it has seen better days. Hoping to get that back in shape soon. Did a big cleaning last weekend.

I ended up buying a Amazon Fire tablet for $50 just so I can try out the program. What a joke. I thought you can control each spectrum individually but all it does is let you choose between different shades of blues or all red / yellow / orange / green. Who the hell would want their tank to be all red??? Kessil is stupid. I kind of hate them right now. My 8 years old nephew can write a better app than theirs.

Dang !!! hopefully they fix that. I have mines sitting in a box as I am slowly doing another build.

• Like 1

Who the hell would want their tank to be all red??? Kessil is stupid. I kind of hate them right now.

Sorry for your troubles, but I literally laughed out loud at this statement :lol:

• Like 4

I'd stick with the Curve 5 anyway. From what I have read they are better build then the lower end Skimz models at a much better price. I can pick up a Curve 5 over here for about $190AUD shipped, closest equivalent Skimz model is about $260 AUD.

• Like 1

I'd stick with the Curve 5 anyway. From what I have read they are better build then the lower end Skimz models at a much better price. I can pick up a Curve 5 over here for about $190AUD shipped, closest equivalent Skimz model is about $260 AUD.

that's surprising! i would have thought the Skimz will be better due to higher price tag and DC pump. Back to research...

• Like 1

that's surprising! i would have thought the Skimz will be better due to higher price tag and DC pump. Back to research...

I'm not sure about the DC pump versions of the Skimz but I know the normal versions use really thin acrylic and there are lots of reports of poor durability with them. A good alternative to both would be the Coral Box D300, D500 or D700 skimmers from Fish Street, Ben recently got one and had great things to say. They have a Jebao DC pump at their heart and the D500 (suitable for 250L to 600L tank) is $170USD and has the same footprint as the Curve 5,

• Like 1

I'm not sure about the DC pump versions of the Skimz but I know the normal versions use really thin acrylic and there are lots of reports of poor durability with them. A good alternative to both would be the Coral Box D300, D500 or D700 skimmers from Fish Street, Ben recently got one and had great things to say. They have a Jebao DC pump at their heart and the D500 (suitable for 250L to 600L tank) is $170USD and has the same footprint as the Curve 5,

Yea, he recommended the coralbox to me too but it looks just like the curve 5 so I wanted to try something different.

• Like 1

Ninja - your tank is looking awesome. Don't start changing things just to change things. I know the feeling cause I am a tinkerer too, but stick with what is working. If you start to see nutrients creeping up, THEN you know the Curve 5 is not keeping up and it is time to look for something different. Just my $0.02.

That FTS was drool worthy.

And I rightfully second this!

Remember this

http://www.nano-reef.com/topic/349372-d-zs-cad-34g-mini-ohhh-the-algae/?p=4803717

I know the feeling right now.

• Like 3

Caught the sick anthias today! And without using the fish trap since it's still in shipment. The trick is to NOT put the net into the water. They know it's feeding them when I am standing beside the tank so they all swim to the surface to wait for the food. I had the net ready and scoped her up in one try. Now she's in the Spec V with prazipro.

That FTS was drool worthy.

Thanks!

Ninja - your tank is looking awesome. Don't start changing things just to change things. I know the feeling cause I am a tinkerer too, but stick with what is working. If you start to see nutrients creeping up, THEN you know the Curve 5 is not keeping up and it is time to look for something different. Just my $0.02.

And I rightfully second this!

Remember this

http://www.nano-reef.com/topic/349372-d-zs-cad-34g-mini-ohhh-the-algae/?p=4803717

I know the feeling right now.

Oh man. What a throwback. I think I subconsciously copied that scape you had. That's how much it was ingrained into my head. And you are absolutely right about tinkering. Must resist!

Looks fantastic!!!! Those two firefish are way too cute :wub:.

All 3 of them are out and about a lot now! They just stay in their little corner of the tank.

• Like 7
jedimasterben

Caught the sick anthias today! And without using the fish trap since it's still in shipment. The trick is to NOT put the net into the water. They know it's feeding them when I am standing beside the tank so they all swim to the surface to wait for the food. I had the net ready and scoped her up in one try. Now she's in the Spec V with prazipro.

I guess I missed where it was sick, what is ailing it do you think?

Oh my...those are spectacular. I have RFA envy :)

I been stalking their site every night and they just put up new ones =). I wanted to get even more...but I worry how true to color their photos are. Some look tooo actinic. There are still some nice $20 ones left on the site.

• Like 5

I been stalking their site every night and they just put up new ones =). I wanted to get even more...but I worry how true to color their photos are. Some look tooo actinic. There are still some nice $20 ones left on the site.

The ones I got from them before were pretty true to color. A couple changed a little, but I'm still very happy with what I got!!

• Like 2

Sick Anthias looks fully recovered. No more puffy eye and eating regularly. Do I need to worry that whatever affected it is still in the big tank? I plan to do water change for nano tomorrow and do another dose of prazipro before putting the anthias back.

• Like 1

Dang that FTS is nice ;) tank is looking great! Those RFAs are going to look sweet in there.

If the anthias are ok in the tank I might leave them in a little longer just to make sure all is good.

• Like 2

Dang that FTS is nice ;) tank is looking great! Those RFAs are going to look sweet in there.

If the anthias are ok in the tank I might leave them in a little longer just to make sure all is good.

Thanks! After the RFAs, I dont think I have any other corals I want to add. Will let the tank stabilize and get some more SPS. Montis, birdsnest, and stylos are all doing great but acros not so great.

I'm glad the anthias is better! And yeah, I'd leave him where he's happy for a bit just to make sure :)

Yup, will leave the anthias in the nano for another week.

Need suggestion on the next fish to get. I really want a flame angel but dont want to risk it nipping at my corals. Want another open swimmer, something colorful.