ReefCleaners.org

Ninja's Red Sea Reefer 350 - still here!

ninjamyst

Soooo... I got 6 packs of the 5.5 oz to use with my IM 40 when I set it up in April.

I also got 6 packs of the nano 5-pack... so that's 30 little packets!!

By my estimate, I've got enough to last me the whole year!!

• Like 2

Soooo... I got 6 packs of the 5.5 oz to use with my IM 40 when I set it up in April.

I also got 6 packs of the nano 5-pack... so that's 30 little packets!!

By my estimate, I've got enough to last me the whole year!!

you can never have too much carbon...haha

Nice video. Did your male Anthias turn in your tank or you got a male from the start?

It turned from a classy lady to grade A jerk. it went through the ugly phase so it's looking pretty good now. it started turning around week 2 i think.

• Like 1

help with skimmer please. For the first few weeks, my Bubble Magus Curve 5 will not stop overflowing. Then it stopped overflowing and produced nice skimmate. Then it stopped making enough bubbles and not much skimmate is produced. Now it is running for a week with barely any skimmate. I have adjusted the dial all the way to Min which should allow the most bubbles.

Time for a new skimmer? Looking to get a DC one this time and the Skimz Monzter SM163 looks pretty good.

did a big water change. hoping the clown will pull through. it's just sulking in the back corner of the tank, same place where I found the dead shrimp this morning. the clown didn't eat when i fed...

but on happier news, we are dog sitting Molly Joy again. she makes me happy =).

23869278342_4d3aa7a633_z.jpg

OMG! Holy cuteness!

• Like 2

It turned from a classy lady to grade A jerk. it went through the ugly phase so it's looking pretty good now. it started turning around week 2 i think.

I've had my trio since March. One of them passed away 2 months ago so now I have 2. Nobody has turned. I stuck pictures on the glass too.

• Like 1

I've had my trio since March. One of them passed away 2 months ago so now I have 2. Nobody has turned. I stuck pictures on the glass too.

are they all the same size? i could tell by week 1 which one was going to turn because it was the bigger and more aggressive one. maybe you need another one to make another trio.

help with skimmer please. For the first few weeks, my Bubble Magus Curve 5 will not stop overflowing. Then it stopped overflowing and produced nice skimmate. Then it stopped making enough bubbles and not much skimmate is produced. Now it is running for a week with barely any skimmate. I have adjusted the dial all the way to Min which should allow the most bubbles.

Time for a new skimmer? Looking to get a DC one this time and the Skimz Monzter SM163 looks pretty good.

Ever get it figured out? I have the same skimmer for my new build but have not played with it yet....what water level are you running it in?

9.5" water.

I would try lowering that if you can. That just seems a little high to me. Has been about 6 years since I had a sump as I got out of the hobby :( but am back in now :D

• Like 1

Sold the wrasse today. Took forever to catch him with a net. Tired of blowing sand off my corals and tired of it flipping snails for a meal. Sigh. it was a pretty fish. What to get next??? Need another open swimmer. I am tempted to try a smaller wrasse but I probably shouldn't...

Cycleguy0623

I would try lowering that if you can. That just seems a little high to me. Has been about 6 years since I had a sump as I got out of the hobby :( but am back in now :D

I had to keep mine at around 7-7.5" to get it working well. My 60 cube had a really deep sump and it took me a while to figure out i need ed to run the skimmer shallower.

Cycleguy0623

I thought you have to raise skimmer to prevent overflowing. I have the opposite issue where not enough foam is produced. I tried raising it and even less bubbles.

My bad your right.. I missed your question...

are they all the same size? i could tell by week 1 which one was going to turn because it was the bigger and more aggressive one. maybe you need another one to make another trio.

No, one is much bigger than the other.

Hope everyone enjoyed their holidays and new years. Back to work tomorrow =(.

Here's a New Year video of the tank. Moved two acros, one purple stylo, and one torch over from the nano. Bought pink gonipora and some zoas and lots of astrea snails to clean up nasty red algae everywhere. The acros browned out in the nano so hoping it will color up soon. I will need to move some montis over too once they recover more in the nano.

Also 3 firefish I got a week ago are coming out a lot more after I sold the wrasse. They are kind of small and get freak out whenever they see me or a bigger fish by their hidey hole.

I need to get my nitrate and phosphate in check. The skimmer not doing its job and I am only running carbon and some phosguard passively. Need to wait till new BRS group buy to get more carbon and GFO and set up the BRS reactor. Still undecided on what to do with the skimmer. Spend $400 on a new Skimz or $250 on a new Coral Box or keep trying to fudge with the Bubble Magus?

• Like 7

The more I see builds of these tanks, your build in particular, the more I want one. I have officially reached envy mode. :(

Thanks! They are really great tanks. Pricey but worth it IMO.

Great New Years Video! Well done. Is that the new Kessil light? How do you like it?

Yup, it's the new AP700. I love the light. I hate how Kessil released it prematurely. I still can't fully control it because they only released apps for a tablet. I don't have an Apple or Android tablet. I may have to buy one just to control the light. Otherwise, it has great spread and power.

Thanks! They are really great tanks. Pricey but worth it IMO.

I am debating on getting one as soon as finish my dispute with Cadlights. I want a 350 like you but I am not sure if my apartment floor will support it because I am on the second floor and the owners aren't sure of the maximum weight.

• Like 1

That goni is so gorgeous. I've never seen one so big & fluffy. Love the shimmer but of course I have the Kessil 350W over my 34 so I know the Kessil shimmer, and I love that it makes shadows on the sand. We'll see what spread I get over the 40g. Not that much different in size so I guess I don't have much to worry about.

• Like 1