Coral Vue Hydros

Ninja's Red Sea Reefer 350 - still here!

ninjamyst

Dr. Foster and Smith has 25% off items for Tank Health. This includes addictives, filter media, etc. Best deal is if you use Chemipure Blue nano packages. They are buy 1 get 1 free for the 5 nano bags. So $10 will get you 10 bags, $1 per bag. I got 20 to stock up for my two nano tanks. Shipping is free after $50 so I got some Acropower and filter pads and misc stuff.

• Like 4

Dr. Foster and Smith has 25% off items for Tank Health. This includes addictives, filter media, etc. Best deal is if you use Chemipure Blue nano packages. They are buy 1 get 1 free for the 5 nano bags. So $10 will get you 10 bags, $1 per bag. I got 20 to stock up for my two nano tanks. Shipping is free after $50 so I got some Acropower and filter pads and misc stuff.

Shopping time!!

• Like 1

I ended up getting 30 bags...hahah. I used to mix my own with Seachem Carbon and Phosguard but it's so much easier to just drop one bag into the 5g every 4 weeks and 1 bag into the 12g every 2 weeks.

I'm gonna stock up on them too. Trying to think of what else I might need for use with the new tanks...

Merry Christmas everyone! Took another quick video, this time with white balance adjusted better.

Gorgeous video :). The little clown in this tank isn't sick, right? The clown/goniopora combo is :wub:.

It's a menace! Throwing sand everywhere! Covered up my plate, my blastos, my chalice, my zoas. If I can catch it, I would return it. Hahahah. But it's so pretty swimming across the tank.

:angry:. He better not kill my favorite blastos!
  • Like 2

Gorgeous video :). The little clown in this tank isn't sick, right? The clown/goniopora combo is :wub:.

:angry:. He better not kill my favorite blastos!

The clown in the big tank is doing great. There are two snowflakes in the big tank. I am a little disappointed they are not pairing up...One is always hosting te gonipora. The other is just swimming around. Would be awesome if they both host the gonipora but the clown sometimes makes the gonipora really mad and closed up.

My daily routine now includes blowing sand off the corals the wrasse covered up. sigh

Cant be as bad as an over zealous pistol shrimp.. If i leave corals on the sand bed they will eventually find their way into one of his dens. which is super cool until he burys them in sand.

View from the stairs:

23944146302_2a911a342a_z.jpg

Cant be as bad as an over zealous pistol shrimp.. If i leave corals on the sand bed they will eventually find their way into one of his dens. which is super cool until he burys them in sand.

That's not cool. Kinda like urchins carrying your frags everywhere.

Tank is coming together nicely bro! im jelly you can afford big tank :)

Thanks! It's what credit card is for right?

• Like 11

Nice! But 15 sec sucks! I have the stick on ones that run on AAA batteries that you can turn on and off manually. Of course I always forget to turn them off :(

• Like 1

View from the stairs:

23944146302_2a911a342a_z.jpg

That's not cool. Kinda like urchins carrying your frags everywhere.

hahaha...not if you can't pay it back within 30 days or stuck with deep interests bonus...lol

Nice! But 15 sec sucks! I have the stick on ones that run on AAA batteries that you can turn on and off manually. Of course I always forget to turn them off :(

These take 4 AAA batteries. It's actually more like 5s instead of 15s. I taped it on the ATO side so if it does fall, it falls into the ATO tank and not the sump.

hahaha...not if you can't pay it back within 30 days or stuck with deep interests bonus...lol

0% APR for a year. Just keep getting new cards...hahah. I am just kidding...someone very close to me went into bankruptcy doing that. sad.

Looks so nice & clean, organized!

Thanks! I love having a sump. I find myself peeking inside all the time. I dunno why. Nothing happens down there. hahah.

• Like 3

Bought some stick on motion sensing LEDs on Amazon to light up the sump. It's oooook. The light goes out in like 15s which sucks.

23429684213_d96d651c85_z.jpg

Niiiice! Good thinking with the motion lights, just a shame they don't work a little longer for you. I think if I had a sump I would have to make a display fuge. But then I would need it actually visible to enjoy. Which is really just another way to sneak another tank into the house...

• Like 2

The American Dream!!! A nice house with a white picket fence and big tank and a S**T load of debt to follow it all lol........ I see it every day at work.... Minus the tank that is.

• Like 1

Niiiice! Good thinking with the motion lights, just a shame they don't work a little longer for you. I think if I had a sump I would have to make a display fuge. But then I would need it actually visible to enjoy. Which is really just another way to sneak another tank into the house...

I want a fuge too! I think that's the biggest complaint about the Reefer series. It wasn't built for a fuge. You would have to mod it yourself.

• Like 1

Why not easy an Apex with a breakout box to trigger an sump light? Light is on when ever the door is open.

• Like 1

The American Dream!!! A nice house with a white picket fence and big tank and a S**T load of debt to follow it all lol........ I see it every day at work.... Minus the tank that is.

yup, exactly. That person close to me that went bankrupt...was my dad. I am still helping him pay off his debts. I never got to live the other dream where your dad buys you your first car or helps pay for your college or any of that. Haha.

I want a fuge too! I think that's the biggest complaint about the Reefer series. It wasn't built for a fuge. You would have to mod it yourself.

I agree.... No Funge......I will eventually replace the Reefer sump with something from tiger systems or similar with a Funge once the tank started to mature.

yup, exactly. That person close to me that went bankrupt...was my dad. I am still helping him pay off his debts. I never got to live the other dream where your dad buys you your first car or helps pay for your college or any of that. Haha.

I'm with you there... My dad had medical problems as long as I can remember. No money left for a car or other things for me. I had to make my own way. I makes it much more enjoyable when you do make it!

• Like 1

I'm with you there... My dad had medical problems as long as I can remember. No money left for a car or other things for me. I had to make my own way. I makes it much more enjoyable when you do make it!

yup, it makes you value what you have

• Like 2