Innovative Marine Aquariums

Ninja's Red Sea Reefer 350 - still here!

ninjamyst

Just found this thread! Hurray! The last I knew was the picture of the box at the bottom of the steps outside. Now I know what happened after that! Yey. Following! And that Kessil sure looks nice! Don't you love the shimmer!!!

Shimmer is awesome! Can't wait for the app to come out so I can control it more.

Love the video, Ninja! Looking really awesome! Love your blenny :)

Midas buddies!

• Like 1
lilmatty5dimes

Disgusting! Took forever to suck up as much as I can with a turkey baster. Not fun.

Tank is looking great. Here's a lil secret I'll share with ya. Go get a cheap lil wet/dry vacuum and when the sumo gets really bad just suck all the water out of it and replace with new. Then all you have to do is dump the water outside. It'll take probably a fraction of the time and you won't get dirty. Did I mention it's a lot easier. Lol

• Like 1

Thanks everyone! I need to figure out the white balance in videos since everything is so blue. Just did a 10% water change and no idea why my sump is full of detritus already when I am running filter socks. Disgusting! Took forever to suck up as much as I can with a turkey baster. Not fun.

Add a small pump in your sump. It will do wonders.

-Dave

• Like 3

Tank is looking great. Here's a lil secret I'll share with ya. Go get a cheap lil wet/dry vacuum and when the sumo gets really bad just suck all the water out of it and replace with new. Then all you have to do is dump the water outside. It'll take probably a fraction of the time and you won't get dirty. Did I mention it's a lot easier. Lol

My shop vac is filthy. I wouldn't want to use that in the sump...Do people buy a new shop vac just for tank use??

Add a small pump in your sump. It will do wonders.

-Dave

This!! Put one in every chamber and detritus won't be able to settle.

So just leave it running to blow detritus around? I guess it will just recirculate back to the DT via the return pump?

My shop vac is filthy. I wouldn't want to use that in the sump...Do people buy a new shop vac just for tank use??

So just leave it running to blow detritus around? I guess it will just recirculate back to the DT via the return pump?

Buy a cheap powerhead and place it in there. A small Tunze or Korilina.

-Dave

• Like 2

I almost... almost stopped at Reefwise yesterday on my way home. My hammers are doing so well I'm tempted to try a frogspawn or torch again. Or a different colored hammer...

• Like 1

I almost... almost stopped at Reefwise yesterday on my way home. My hammers are doing so well I'm tempted to try a frogspawn or torch again. Or a different colored hammer...

I picked up a torch and hammer from them recently...the torch not looking so great but the hammer is nice. I accidentally banged the torch when I dropped the bag on the floor =(.

They run weekend specials now. I wonder what their special this weekend will be. It has been SPS two weekends in a row so maybe they will do a euphyllia weekend.

• Like 2

I did actually buy a wet/dry vac just for the tank when I realized it was virtually impossible to suck out all the crap in the back chambers of the biocube. That thing works wonders. I haven't used it in the new tank yet and am a bit nervous to with the force it pulls stuff out with as i'm a bit nervous I'll suck up all the macros and the small amount of pods I do have in there :)

• Like 1

MOAR FISH!

Tank looks so pretty and soothing.

I want MOAR FISH too. I regret not getting sunset anthias this weekend. But I want to save room for 2 firefish, flame angel, longnose hawk fish, wrasse, neon dottyback, and diamond goby.

I did actually buy a wet/dry vac just for the tank when I realized it was virtually impossible to suck out all the crap in the back chambers of the biocube. That thing works wonders. I haven't used it in the new tank yet and am a bit nervous to with the force it pulls stuff out with as i'm a bit nervous I'll suck up all the macros and the small amount of pods I do have in there :)

hmm...i already have an entire closet of fish stuff. may as well get a shop vac too...hahah.

• Like 3

I want MOAR FISH too. I regret not getting sunset anthias this weekend. But I want to save room for 2 firefish, flame angel, longnose hawk fish, wrasse, neon dottyback, and diamond goby.

hmm...i already have an entire closet of fish stuff. may as well get a shop vac too...hahah.

Diver's Den had a bonded pair of long nose hawks end of last week. I soooooo wanted to get them but held off because I want to wait a month or two before adding more fish. But it was SO tempting.

• Like 1

Looking good! hows the shadowing with the kessil?

I have it high enough that I don't notice shadows so far. But I have to wait till I move my SPS over to see how they grow under it.

Diver's Den had a bonded pair of long nose hawks end of last week. I soooooo wanted to get them but held off because I want to wait a month or two before adding more fish. But it was SO tempting.

A pair would be comical!

Flame Hawk or bust. :naughtydance: Love the tank, I've been very tempted by these as I keep telling everyone who sets one up you might notice. :lol:

The flame hawk is very tempting too...a pair of those would be pretty cool. The tank is great but can't beat your shallow tank. Shallow is still my favorite.

• Like 1

Hmmm maybe, slacking on maitanece during the wedding months left me with some bubble algae I'm trying to rid the tank of. Replacing rock that has a bunch on it.

Hmmm maybe, slacking on maitanece during the wedding months left me with some bubble algae I'm trying to rid the tank of. Replacing rock that has a bunch on it.

get some emerald crabs =P. or come pick out a new rock. how big you looking for?