Innovative Marine Aquariums

Ninja's Red Sea Reefer 350 - still here!

ninjamyst

We just bought a 65" TV for the living room upstairs =). The TV in the basement is our old one from 8 years ago. A no brand one that surprisely lasted this long.

Well hopefully that new couch will break-in. Having the dogs running, jumping, and sleeping on it might help :).

what did everyone get for Black Friday? Just ordered Maxspect XF130 and battery backup from BRS.

For livestock, I got:

Baby yellow tang for $10

Cleaner shrimp for $11

A big chunk of green SPS colony for $30

Yellow tip hammer for $23

Baby tang is being QT in the 12 gallons right now. Moved the clown over to the 5 gallon.

• Like 3

$10 tang? Why can't I find prices like that!

it's a very small one. Another LFS had full size fat ones for $15.99. What a great deal but it saddens me to see so many yellow tangs in the store knowing they came from the ocean...sigh.

• Like 2

The AP700 is mounted right at the water surface with cardboard =P. I saran wrap the cardboard to prevent moisture from weakening it. It's pretty solid. The coverage is really bad cuz it's suppose to be hang 15" above the water surface, not 0...haha. I have it on the lowest intensity right now too. Love the light.

Anthias are doing much better. One is still not eating much but they are all very responsive to food. I have been feeding Larry's, Rod's Original Blend, Rod's Fish Eggs, and Rod's Pacific Plankton with garlic and Selcon. Since buying the yellow tang, I had to shuffle things around. Big girl clown moved from 12g to 5g. 2 baby snowflakes moved from 5g to 75g. They LOVE it there. They are swimming everywhere and riding the currents.

Also moved a lot of corals I been hoarding over to the big tank along with new purchases during Black Friday. My boss gave me a $500 giftcard to a LFS that carries a lot of coral colony instead of frags so I picked up big chunks of blastos, chalice, and monti.

23012136479_99a99b32a2_c.jpg

And here's one of my wife and dogs on a lazy afternoon.

23353944816_a386cfbfb1_c.jpg

• Like 18

Beautiful tank Ninja! The arch structure seems very well balanced. What are you planning for the little rock on the right side?

Also, where did you get the rocks?

• Like 1

Very nice build! How do you like the light? Is there anything you don't like about it?

Can't give a good review of it till I have it properly mounted and running for a month or so. So far I don't like Kessil's product roll out period. They released it before it's ready. But I think once the mounts and apps are out, it will be one of the best lights available. BRS's new video show they chose the AP700 + T5 for their build after evaluating lots of other LEDs.

Beautiful tank Ninja! The arch structure seems very well balanced. What are you planning for the little rock on the right side?

Also, where did you get the rocks?

Thanks! You can get them anywhere online from BRS or MarineDepot. It's the Walt Smith Reef Rock 2.1. Still no algae or diatom on the purple covered parts. There are parts that are chipped that has diatom on it so whatever they used to coat the rock is good stuff. The right side rock will be all zoas and rics with hammers and torches in the back.

• Like 1

I'm loving the tank, Ninja! It looks awesome! Does your wife know you posted a photo of her sleeping :lol:? I post random photos of my husband... I think he knows, but not sure :)

• Like 2

I'm loving the tank, Ninja! It looks awesome! Does your wife know you posted a photo of her sleeping :lol:? I post random photos of my husband... I think he knows, but not sure :)

I posted it on my facebook and tagged her. She wasn't that happy when she woke up =P.

• Like 2

I tried looking for the video can you send me the link?

Can't give a good review of it till I have it properly mounted and running for a month or so. So far I don't like Kessil's product roll out period. They released it before it's ready. But I think once the mounts and apps are out, it will be one of the best lights available. BRS's new video show they chose the AP700 + T5 for their build after evaluating lots of other LEDs.

Thanks! You can get them anywhere online from BRS or MarineDepot. It's the Walt Smith Reef Rock 2.1. Still no algae or diatom on the purple covered parts. There are parts that are chipped that has diatom on it so whatever they used to coat the rock is good stuff. The right side rock will be all zoas and rics with hammers and torches in the back.

Light is UP! Exactly 17" from water surface. I may lower it another 1-2 inch this weekend. Spread is great across all 48". The color isn't what I really want so I will have to wait for the Android app to come out to customize it. The onboard control is very limited. The mount is awesome and very professional and sturdy.

23352155702_abed44c2b0_c.jpg

I tried looking for the video can you send me the link?

• Like 10

Looks great- any lfs that you can borrow a par meter from? Be nice to see what numbers you get from that light. 17" does seem high- is that their recommendation?

• Like 1

Looks great- any lfs that you can borrow a par meter from? Be nice to see what numbers you get from that light. 17" does seem high- is that their recommendation?

for 48" coverage, they recommend 15 to 18" above water surface. I initially wanted 15" and forgot the water surface for this tank is about 2" below the top of the glass. And the onboard control has 6 levels of intensity on the light I think. I am on the 3rd level so it can get much brighter.

• Like 1

Throw some t5 brs killed it with that video

Man this tank is so crisp

I know. T5 + AP700 is an awesome combo. And crazy expensive =P.

Just remembered the BRS video has PAR numbers for the AP700. They showed it has the most even spread and coverage across all the LEDs they tested.

Looking good ninja! Glad the light mounts finally came in

Thanks!

• Like 2