ReefCleaners.org

Ninja's Red Sea Reefer 350 - still here!

ninjamyst

I'm always hesitant in adding fish first. I usually move corals first. Cheato bits break off if it doesn't have nutrients to keep it healthy, those bits will come out of anything really. But a healthy ball of chaeto is a ball of algae, no little bits.

• Like 1

4 foot tank...can I keep 3 Lyretail Anthias? Or should I get another type of anthias?

Lyretails will work along with almost all other anthias. Have you considered a wrasse?

These anthias are PIGS! Woke up to them hovering in the spot where I feed them last night. Tried giving them pellets but they not very fond of them. Will have to get them to eat pellets regardless so I can get an auto feeder for them when I am at work. One was scaring me last night cuz he laid on the sandbed a lot, but he's out and about this morning.

• Like 2

Those auto feeders are great. I only have to remember to fill it. Anthias are known to be the biggest pigs. You've got me wanting to get that rock you have. I was looking at the system one step down from yours, just looking, still keeping mine up. Where did you get that super modern couch, it looks nice ass hell.

• Like 1

My dad came to the rescue again. He let me borrow one of his freshwater LED strips. Surprisely bright but white. Also bought a cleaner shrimp to eat all the leftovers from anthias. I am still worried about one of them...hopefully he pulls through.

The new Eheim pump came in and I love it. Soooo quiet compared to the Rio.

23034474152_432fdc2c09_c.jpg

23059202111_b594902a84_c.jpg

23059210241_c1a0aca74b_c.jpg

• Like 14

Very nice scape, nice and simple with plenty of room for fuzzy sticks and lots of swimming space.

Also, the new Kessil tank mount looks solid, one of the better ones going around.

• Like 1

So I turned on the Bubble Magus Curve 5 and it overflows in seconds. I set it to Max (the lowest setting, yes it's silly how it is the other way around) and it is sitting in 9.5" water which is within the recommended depth. I bought this used. Do I still have to break it in???

give it a few months. totm incoming.

hahah...in my dreams

Very nice scape, nice and simple with plenty of room for fuzzy sticks and lots of swimming space.

Also, the new Kessil tank mount looks solid, one of the better ones going around.

thanks! I can't wait for the tank mount. Saw some corals at the LFS that I really wanted but no room in my nanos and no light on the big tank. Sad.

• Like 2

So I turned on the Bubble Magus Curve 5 and it overflows in seconds. I set it to Max (the lowest setting, yes it's silly how it is the other way around) and it is sitting in 9.5" water which is within the recommended depth. I bought this used. Do I still have to break it in???

I also have the Curve 5 - For the first several weeks, the skimmer was super sensitive while it was breaking in. I ended up running mine in 6" of water for the first 2 weeks. After that, I brought it down to 8". During that time, it would still overflow if I disturbed too much of the sand bed or used water weld.

Took about a month for mine to finally settle down and really start working.

• Like 1

hahah...in my dreams

thanks! I can't wait for the tank mount. Saw some corals at the LFS that I really wanted but no room in my nanos and no light on the big tank. Sad.

Bubble magus' ass backward settings really annoy me :lol: but I ran mine in probably 5" of water before I could get it to stop consistently overflowing within seconds

• Like 1

I run my curve 5 at 8" and seems to be pretty good at that height. Which Lfs you get the fishes from?

New Fish on Division and Milwaukee. They recently lowered the price on their fish. I got all my fish for my nanos from them because they have a pretty decent QT process. It's not 100% guarantee but it's better than other stores with no QT. It's a small store and most stuff are still a little overpriced. They had 9 lyretails when I was there.

Lyretailes. :wub:

I loooove them. So active. And the new cleaner shrimp has already set up a cleaning station under the arch and I saw them all hanging around there last night.

• Like 1

I loooove them. So active. And the new cleaner shrimp has already set up a cleaning station under the arch and I saw them all hanging around there last night.

My poor cleaner shrimp wants to clean my clowns but they don't like it. I sometimes see him sneaking into their sleeping area once lights are out.

• Like 1