Pod Your Reef

Ninja's Red Sea Reefer 350 - still here!

ninjamyst

And so are cleaner shrimps! Mine is always harassing my YWG.

Not to mention stealing food from my corals!

yea, the cleaner shrimp in my nano makes it impossible to feed corals. Need to buy a shrimp beating stick.

Looking good. Going back and forth on what trio of anthias I want for the new tank. They're all so beautiful.

Get two trios...haha

yea, the cleaner shrimp in my nano makes it impossible to feed corals. Need to buy a shrimp beating stick.

I will confess I may have hit my cleaner shrimp with a turkey baster a few times...

• Like 3

You monsters!!!

I hit my mean clowfish with my turkey baster...

I won't deny being a monster. When I still had a Mandarin, I've often used the Turkey baster to spot feed it and to chase away my YWG and Clown, who wanted some of the action. It's a cruel world out there!

• Like 1

So I saw a longnose hawkfish at the LFS that I may get soon. I am worried that I just got a cleaner shrimp and a blood red fire shrimp that are 1.5" or so. Am I sending the shrimps to their death if I get the hawkfish? The hawkfish is about 2.5". I keep reading conflicting stuff on different forums. Seems to be hit / miss.

Love the escape dude!! Did you order The rocks online?

yup, ordered 55lbs and only used 25lbs or so. It's a great mixture of big boulders, plates, arches, random shapes. I am very happy with them.

How many times a day are you feeding your anthias?

2-3 times a day. They are freaking pigs. They beg for food whenever I am near the tank. They are already up at 6:30am looking for food before the lights are on. So I feed at 6:30am, 6pm when i get home, and sometimes 9pm right before lights out.

• Like 2

yup, ordered 55lbs and only used 25lbs or so. It's a great mixture of big boulders, plates, arches, random shapes. I am very happy with them.

2-3 times a day. They are freaking pigs. They beg for food whenever I am near the tank. They are already up at 6:30am looking for food before the lights are on. So I feed at 6:30am, 6pm when i get home, and sometimes 9pm right before lights out.

Do they seem happy with that? I'm currently feeding them 5x a day, but my nutrients are sky high... I keep getting bacterial blooms that I never had before in my old tank.

Do they seem happy with that? I'm currently feeding them 5x a day, but my nutrients are sky high... I keep getting bacterial blooms that I never had before in my old tank.

haha, hard to tell since i only had them for a few days. they seem happy and fat =).

Nice !!! If you don't mind telling me lol where did you order them from?

You can get them from BRS or MarineDepot.

http://www.bulkreefsupply.com/project-reef-rock-2-1-walt-smith.html

http://www.marinedepot.com/Walt_Smith_Project_ReefRock_2.1_Dry_Rock_Dry_Rock_for_Saltwater_Reef_Aquariums-Walt_Smith-WS23303-FISSLR-vi.html

I think 1 trio is already pushing it in a 52 gallon tank haha. But it is 4 feet long...

haha yea, i am scared mine is gonna get big fast and bully fish I plan to add later. But they should be peaceful right??? except when they are eating, then they go crazy.

Looks great! Love the Anthias :)

thanks!!