SaltCritters.com

Ninja's Red Sea Reefer 350 - still here!

ninjamyst

Damn, I wish I could find a $10 yellow tang. I'll trade you a $120 one for it lol.

AP700 looks great mounted, the mounting systems on these really do look slick. Very very clean.

• Like 1

I know. T5 + AP700 is an awesome combo. And crazy expensive =P.

Just remembered the BRS video has PAR numbers for the AP700. They showed it has the most even spread and coverage across all the LEDs they tested.

Thanks!

Ya- thanks for posting that vid- very informative. That's a sweet light set up for sure?

• Like 1

Glad to see it all up and running. I am curious on the mount for the AP ( looks like they made a good looking mount ).

Do you have to buy two mounts ( 2x 69.95 ) and then if you have a odd braced tank you need the extension kit ( 2x 59.95 )?

Those Red Sea tanks are so sharp.

-Dave

• Like 1

Nice build ninja!...what diferences ap700 with 360we?...more spead?..more color?...more intensity?

According to Kessil, the AP700 has two major advantages over the A360s. First, better coverage and spread that reduces shadowing and produces a metal halide coverage. Second, built-in wireless control with full color control and ramp up / ramp down and effects without need for an extra external controller such as Apex or their own Spectre control.

Damn, I wish I could find a $10 yellow tang. I'll trade you a $120 one for it lol.

AP700 looks great mounted, the mounting systems on these really do look slick. Very very clean.

Haha but you can get acros for crazy cheap =P.

You know. You can totally fit Clyde the fat tang in here.....

But for how long? Clyde is one chunky monkey

Glad to see it all up and running. I am curious on the mount for the AP ( looks like they made a good looking mount ).

Do you have to buy two mounts ( 2x 69.95 ) and then if you have a odd braced tank you need the extension kit ( 2x 59.95 )?

Those Red Sea tanks are so sharp.

-Dave

Yea, you have to buy two since they are made for the A160 / A360 too. Starts to get pricey. The mount should fit both rimless and non rimless tank though. At their current price point, it's hard to justify the light + mounts. But over thanksgiving, the light was only $800. If they make that the normal price, it's pretty good. Even better is if they offer a kit with light + 2 mounts for same price as the light now ($900).

• Like 4

hahah, we are hiring a UX Designer. You get to be on my team =).

I have always wondered who you work for. Ill tell you mine if you tell me yours LOL. Seriously, though, if you don't want to say I totally understand.

I have always wondered who you work for. Ill tell you mine if you tell me yours LOL. Seriously, though, if you don't want to say I totally understand.

I work for a mid size company in downtown Chicago called Strata Decision Technology that does healthcare finance =).

• Like 1

I work for a mid size company in downtown Chicago called Strata Decision Technology that does healthcare finance =).

Cool, what do you do specifically? I feel like I remember you saying something about software, but I could be wrong.

In case you're interested, my background is Electrical Engineering, but I work as a Component Engineer for a company called Cubic Simulation Systems. We design and build all kinds of training devices and simulators for military and law enforcement.

Cool, what do you do specifically? I feel like I remember you saying something about software, but I could be wrong.

In case you're interested, my background is Electrical Engineering, but I work as a Component Engineer for a company called Cubic Simulation Systems. We design and build all kinds of training devices and simulators for military and law enforcement.

that sounds so fun! much better than what i do. do you get to play with the stuff you guys create???

I lead a team of developers and testers in creating financial software for hospitals.

• Like 1

Been lurking since you set 'er up, but daaaammmmnn. I just has to say it's looking great already, and nice choice on the AP700. When you get a bit more control of the light, you should do a small video :)

• Like 1