Coral Vue Hydros

Ninja's Red Sea Reefer 350 - still here!

ninjamyst

did a big water change. hoping the clown will pull through. it's just sulking in the back corner of the tank, same place where I found the dead shrimp this morning. the clown didn't eat when i fed...

but on happier news, we are dog sitting Molly Joy again. she makes me happy =).

23869278342_4d3aa7a633_z.jpg

• Like 6

I just realized I haven't seen the cleaner shrimp in the big tank for almost a week now too. It probably died inside the rocks and rotting away. That's why the rock suddenly covered by algae and diatom. Blah. Now I feel I need to go buy another cleaner shrimp to eat the dead cleaner shrimp. I dont have any hermits in this tank. Just nass snails.

I bought a cosmetus today. It's huge. Biggest fish in the tank so far.

• Like 1
jedimasterben

A dead cleaner shrimp wouldn't even be ablip on the radar in a tank this volume, if it was, you'd have an ammonia spike every time you fed. ;)

Sucks that it disappeared in both tanks, though. You or your family didn't happen to spray any kind of pest spray?

• Like 1

A dead cleaner shrimp wouldn't even be ablip on the radar in a tank this volume, if it was, you'd have an ammonia spike every time you fed. ;)

Sucks that it disappeared in both tanks, though. You or your family didn't happen to spray any kind of pest spray?

so it wont cause nitrate / phosphate to go up when the body decays? that's good to know.

jedimasterben

so it wont cause nitrate / phosphate to go up when the body decays? that's good to know.

It just doesn't have enough mass to do so, much less to get it up enough to cause an algal bloom. It has about the nutrient content of a good feeding of frozen foods, I'd guess, maybe a touch more.
  • Like 3

From reefwise?

I was so close to picking that fish up! Lucky!

Did you go in today? I wish I went last weekend when they had the sunset anthias for $24. I saw them today in the same tank as the cosmetus and they look so nice. I debated for a good 30 mins before I decided to get the cosmetus. He's big and fat and was eating like a champ.

Beautiful wrasse, the Halichoeres wrasses are so awesome. Just don't add shrimp, it will most like go bezerk at some point and eat them all. :lol:

good thing my cleaner shrimp just died. maybe the wrasse will find the dead body and eat it already. although it's probably too fat to fit inside the rocks...

Beautiful wrasse, the Halichoeres wrasses are so awesome. Just don't add shrimp, it will most like go bezerk at some point and eat them all. :lol:

Bad wrasse! :( Tiny shrimps and acro crabs are so adorable. Too bad you cant force everyone to get along!

That's a beautiful wrasse! How's it doing so far?

It's a menace! Throwing sand everywhere! Covered up my plate, my blastos, my chalice, my zoas. If I can catch it, I would return it. Hahahah. But it's so pretty swimming across the tank. And it ate two new snails I bought. Thin line between love and hate.

Hope you don't have any leaks today! What a freakin mess everywhere

Snow is better than rain. Snow just bounces off the walls instead of leaking inside...haha. We did go out today and the wind was crazy. And sleet / ice hitting your face at 40 mph is not fun.

• Like 3

Very pretty fish but I'm not a fan of bad wrasses!!! Personally there always a pain in my wrass :rolleyes:.

How is the clown doing? Pulling through?

clown still not eating...blah. i am gonna treat the little tank with prazipro tomorrow just in case.

I just don't miss that needles in your face feeling from Chicago winters.

yea, i would love to move but my wife loves Chicago. it's a miracle I got her to move to a suburb.