ReefCleaners.org

Ninja's Red Sea Reefer 350 - still here!

ninjamyst

I am actually waiting to hear from Frank as I am looking for a few certain ones. I wish I could go there as he has way more than pictured.....

I will be in big trouble if I can go to the physical store....

Fantastic pictures!!! :bowdown:

That blue RFA Kimber is getting is stunning. Can't you tell her it "got lost in the tank?" :ninja:

She just picked it up =P. It turned a little green after sitting in my tank for a few hours. Hope it turns back blue for her.

Those pic are outstanding and you should be proud of the clownfish in the flowerpot!

Thanks! I was playing with the settings on my macro lens and think I found the sweet spot.

Yey, Ninja! Now you know why I cried so hard when I lost mine. Look how gorgeous!!! The pics are real, doesn't doctor them up & the colors are incredible. They should open a little more once they relax some. Mine were usually a good half inch bigger once relaxed. I love the one kiddy corner the yellow. Hunter green w/ blue/navy inside w/ red. And your pics are outta this world. I can't wait to see more pics, especially of your RFAs.

They really are gorgeous. I put them on the flat rock on the right and they have settled in nicely. The rock has little nooks and crannies so I think they will anchor down and not move around too much. Since they are so small, I have room for more =).

Nems are here. I should have bought more!!!! they look as good as the pics on VIP. Only negative is they are tiny compared to my other RFA that I got long time ago from another vendor. Maybe they will open up more once settled. They are like half dollar size. And the more expensive $30 one I got is the smallest...blah.

Not all are mine =P. Kimberbee coming over later to pick some up.

24344103649_997c0f080b_z.jpg

Kimberbee picked this one out. Never seen color like this, dark teal / blue.

24083602524_90920733d3_z.jpg

Clown playing in the flowerpot. I am pretty proud of this photo =).

24593985212_6f7a7cda8c_z.jpg

Blasto closeup for Gena

24416253020_75be2d3d91_z.jpg

Starburst monti growing well

24711797405_78e8044303_z.jpg

Gonipora been with me for 2 years now. Almost lost the frag a year ago but it has rebound well.

24685580686_f7b2745131_z.jpg

Duncans

24685592536_6b6f3553da_z.jpg

bringing them to new page =)

• Like 5

Amazing dude, and happy Kimber's going to get that one too, that's a very nice looking RFA!

I'm wondering - Simply put - How easy would you say RFA's are to keep? :)

• Like 1

Amazing dude, and happy Kimber's going to get that one too, that's a very nice looking RFA!

Super super easy!!! I loooove them!!! I highly recommend!!!

• Like 3

Very easy! They don't do much besides show off thei sexiness

• Like 2

get some for your new Nuvo 20. they are easy but just keep in mind they may move around. so it's best to isolate them on their own island / rock.

I loooove my RFAs!!

can't wait to see where you put them in your tank. the big green / orange one is sooo nice

• Like 3

Exactly what everyone else says. You just pop them in, sometimes it's taken overnight for me to feel confident to put the flow on, just making sure they're put their best foot forward and don't float away! ha. Feed 'em once a week and they're happy. And they just show off their glam. Sometimes they prefer rock, other times they may decide to come off the rock and lay in the sand, attaching themselves to the tank bottom.

• Like 5

If you order some gorgs from kpa lemme know!

dont give me a reason!

Okay Ninja & Kimberbee I might have to pick one some?? up eventually, they're all $70+ here in the LFS but I might be able to find some elsewhere..

mine were $20 each =P. you need to move down here hahah. or take a drive down to Chicago....8 hours worth it.

• Like 2

Here they are all settled in. I really should have gotten a few more!

24693349346_d5f8e25256_z.jpg

FTS after a water change

24092714723_ac0a12a571_z.jpg

Moved the green cap with blue polyps over to this tank. Hope they grow into each other like Gena's caps in her 40g.

24092717343_6b19caba7e_z.jpg

10/10.

TOTM in a year for sure! This is crazy. Those capssss :wub:

• Like 4

Here they are all settled in. I really should have gotten a few more!

24693349346_d5f8e25256_z.jpg

FTS after a water change

24092714723_ac0a12a571_z.jpg

Moved the green cap with blue polyps over to this tank. Hope they grow into each other like Gena's caps in her 40g.

24092717343_6b19caba7e_z.jpg

I should have got more :lol: you are hooked now ;) I am up t 15 and waiting to hear from VIP as I put in a request for a few more :blink:

• Like 4

They're so beautiful, that's for sure. Mine had little dances on the rock. I had a couple where they paired up, then the next day there'd be a threesome with one off to the side. I always figured one pissed the other off, then another day another 2 would be sitting together. They like being social.

Yep, that's where you put them, we'll see if they do a little dance and see where they are tomorrow.

• Like 4

Amazing!!

Thanks! Looking forward to your 20g.

10/10.

TOTM in a year for sure! This is crazy. Those capssss :wub:

Its not bright green like Gena' or Teeny's but it's the first time I seen blue polyps on a cap so it's pretty cool. Maybe it will color up more =).

I should have got more :lol: you are hooked now ;) I am up t 15 and waiting to hear from VIP as I put in a request for a few more :blink:

What you requesting?? Frank does take a while to respond.

Wow, I just discovered this thread and your tank is beautiful! I love it, and those corals are amazing. Great pictures, I wish my photos came out that clean and vibrant!

Thanks! Steady hands =P. I am always finding new ways to hold the camera steady. Today, I learned how to use my hand that's normally holding the lens to form a mini tripod with the glass and the lens.

They're so beautiful, that's for sure. Mine had little dances on the rock. I had a couple where they paired up, then the next day there'd be a threesome with one off to the side. I always figured one pissed the other off, then another day another 2 would be sitting together. They like being social.

Yep, that's where you put them, we'll see if they do a little dance and see where they are tomorrow.

I hope they stay still! I really like how the bright orange center ones paired off. The top right corner one is the smallest and most expensive. I think there's a premium for "zebra" stripes.

• Like 7

Thanks! Steady hands =P. I am always finding new ways to hold the camera steady. Today, I learned how to use my hand that's normally holding the lens to form a mini tripod with the glass and the lens.

Nice lol. I'm still using a normal lens, not sure what macro to get, so I won't be using a finger tripod at the moment lol. My issue is more how to get the images to come out without my LEDs washing everything in violet =P

Those nems are awesome, I know I love mine. I wanted to do a rock nem garden in my next upgrade like that :)

• Like 1

Nems are here. I should have bought more!!!! they look as good as the pics on VIP. Only negative is they are tiny compared to my other RFA that I got long time ago from another vendor. Maybe they will open up more once settled. They are like half dollar size. And the more expensive $30 one I got is the smallest...blah.

Not all are mine =P. Kimberbee coming over later to pick some up.

24344103649_997c0f080b_z.jpg

Kimberbee picked this one out. Never seen color like this, dark teal / blue.

24083602524_90920733d3_z.jpg

Clown playing in the flowerpot. I am pretty proud of this photo =).

24593985212_6f7a7cda8c_z.jpg

Blasto closeup for Gena

24416253020_75be2d3d91_z.jpg

Starburst monti growing well

24711797405_78e8044303_z.jpg

Gonipora been with me for 2 years now. Almost lost the frag a year ago but it has rebound well.

24685580686_f7b2745131_z.jpg

Duncans

24685592536_6b6f3553da_z.jpg

:o

Holy moly. I need to go order more :lol: YOU GOT SOME AWESOME ONES!!! VIP has never disappointed in terms of nems matching photos for me :) Yeah, not many of them are more than a couple inches, if that - but you'll notice they'll start to expand more in a couple days too. THESE ARE AWESOME!

That clown photo :wub: He looks a lot like my little Vit! what kind of clown? DaVinci?

And holy hell, Ninja! how many nems did ya get?

• Like 2