Pod Your Reef

Ninja's Red Sea Reefer 350 - still here!

ninjamyst

Went out to 3 LFS for fish. Came back with corals. Blah.

Foxface - all 3 were too big. I will pass on this for now. In real life, they look....weird

Flame Angel - too big and looks like a SPS nipping jerk

Blue Star Leopard - perfect size and beautiful. 1 alive, 1 dead. I don't buy fish from tank with another dead fish.

McCosker Flasher - too small but really pretty. Will look out for another one in the future.

Blue Hippo - 3 baby ones. I was tempted to pick one up but didn't want tang police knocking at my door. They were about 1.5".

• Like 3

If I could kill my 6line I would. He's an asshole. Fat slob who eats everything and picks on every new fish I get. Barely lets the yasha&pistol come out to eat. But I've had him for 4.5years so the wife would stab me if I killed him haha

Catch it with a net and throw it on the floor before she comes home from work :) problem solved
  • Like 4

I love the six-liners, but I can't have one in my spec v :(

Keep coming with the pictures! Maybe I'll order some new coral too :P

you need to update your tank thread =P

If I could kill my 6line I would. He's an asshole. Fat slob who eats everything and picks on every new fish I get. Barely lets the yasha&pistol come out to eat. But I've had him for 4.5years so the wife would stab me if I killed him haha

aggression is often a sign of childhood abuse =P.

• Like 3

Some pics of the new wellso. It is super fluffy right now.

24255272824_7fb4230691_c.jpg

24790045231_2f0502e9c8_c.jpg

Two of the nems moved to the sand so I had to scrape them back onto the rock. Hope I didn't injure their foot.

24790041961_0d3e2926cc_c.jpg

Tank shots. I need more fish....

24256560343_c939b12969_c.jpg

24587961470_e307abf7ca_c.jpg

Other than the Kessil AP700 what other equipment are you running on this?

Running Apex, DOS, Bubble Magus Curve 5, BRS Reactor, Eheim Compact 3000+ pump, Gyre XF130.

• Like 18

Screen shots of your apex dos schedule?

can't. lost comm with Apex Fusion. Restarting router and wireless extender didn't work. Restarting Apex Net Setup didn't work. Probably have to unplug everything and connect physically to the router to download new version and resync network. Annoyed at it.

Woke up this morning to the pinkish nem floating around. I may have damaged its foot yesterday when I moved it. And the green and red one is now missing.

Also spent a lot of time yesterday moving corals around since the torch stung the orange lepto. I may have to move it again tonight since it is stinging zoas in the new spot.

Damn torches. Damn nems. I never learn...

• Like 1

Woke up this morning to the pinkish nem floating around. I may have damaged its foot yesterday when I moved it. And the green and red one is now missing.

Also spent a lot of time yesterday moving corals around since the torch stung the orange lepto. I may have to move it again tonight since it is stinging zoas in the new spot.

Damn torches. Damn nems. I never learn...

Hopefully the nem is ok.... why did you not like them in the sand? I have them hang at the base of a rock in the sand.

How are you liking the DOS ? Thinking of running one on my new set up.

Hopefully the nem is ok.... why did you not like them in the sand? I have them hang at the base of a rock in the sand.

How are you liking the DOS ? Thinking of running one on my new set up.

I am fine with them in the sand if they are at the front of the rock but they went to the back of the rock where the frogspawns are. So I didn't want to get stung by them. And I want to see them =P.

The DOS is good but not sure if it's worth the extra money. There are cheaper dosers out there. I like it because I am already running Apex. I read people use it for automatic water changes which is pretty cool.

• Like 1

I am fine with them in the sand if they are at the front of the rock but they went to the back of the rock where the frogspawns are. So I didn't want to get stung by them. And I want to see them =P.

The DOS is good but not sure if it's worth the extra money. There are cheaper dosers out there. I like it because I am already running Apex. I read people use it for automatic water changes which is pretty cool.

Yes cheaper but from what I see that you can control it via phone or computer I kind of like that idea. Plus the price went down a little.....

I have one that hides also but just let it be. If they get stung they will learn hopefully....

• Like 1

Now that FTS was the update I've been waiting for!! Amazing!! I hope the nem' is better soon, though! :(

Oh man - seriously nice FTS. You always have some of the nicest tanks... Crazy jealous, dude.

Thanks!!

Yes cheaper but from what I see that you can control it via phone or computer I kind of like that idea. Plus the price went down a little.....

I have one that hides also but just let it be. If they get stung they will learn hopefully....

Yea, if the price went down, it's definitely nice to be part of the Apex ecosystem.

• Like 2

Yea, if the price went down, it's definitely nice to be part of the Apex ecosystem.

Neptune dropped it to 299.00 now and that puts it close to other dosers. I just like the fact of the controllability of it. Plus Neptunes stuff is usually top notch!

• Like 1

Neptune dropped it to 299.00 now and that puts it close to other dosers. I just like the fact of the controllability of it. Plus Neptunes stuff is usually top notch!

I paid so much more than that... =(. I will have to say the other negative is that it's only 2 pumps instead of 4. Otherwise, the quality is great and it's nice to see the amount dosed in Apex Fusion.

Nems. Maybe sprinkle some sand on the rock you want them on and they will try to sink in to attach. Random thought.

Will try that next. But even when they are on the sand, they are attached to the glass. Silly nems

• Like 2

Will try that next. But even when they are on the sand, they are attached to the glass. Silly nems

Yeah, not sure why they are called rock nems. But here's the description from LA. Basically they will attach to something solid but like to have some cozy sand to surround them.

The Flower Anemone can live singly or in groups. They prefer to live on shaded, vertical rock walls, or within the substrate. They will bury most of their body in the sand, with only the oral disc and tentacles showing

• Like 1

Yeah, not sure why they are called rock nems. But here's the description from LA. Basically they will attach to something solid but like to have some cozy sand to surround them.

The Flower Anemone can live singly or in groups. They prefer to live on shaded, vertical rock walls, or within the substrate. They will bury most of their body in the sand, with only the oral disc and tentacles showing

oooo maybe they dont like the rock because there's no shade. i will sprinkle on some sand so they get cozy

• Like 3

Catch it with a net and throw it on the floor before she comes home from work :) problem solved

:lol: That's awful!

Some pics of the new wellso. It is super fluffy right now.

24255272824_7fb4230691_c.jpg

24790045231_2f0502e9c8_c.jpg

Two of the nems moved to the sand so I had to scrape them back onto the rock. Hope I didn't injure their foot.

24790041961_0d3e2926cc_c.jpg

Tank shots. I need more fish....

24256560343_c939b12969_c.jpg

24587961470_e307abf7ca_c.jpg

Running Apex, DOS, Bubble Magus Curve 5, BRS Reactor, Eheim Compact 3000+ pump, Gyre XF130.

Looking good, Ninja!!! I like the new Wellso.

• Like 1