ReefCleaners.org

Ninja's Red Sea Reefer 350 - still here!

ninjamyst

Besides the control issues with the lousy Kessil app, how you liking the light? I know you previously mentioned no shadowing, but have you noticed any issues with SPS tissue on the undersides?

dont like it. dont like the spectrum. dont like the app. "no shadowing" is what they claim but since I dont have much SPS, I can't confirm that. If I can do it again, I will do Nanobox or two AI Hydra 26s.

Sorry to hear about the Acro! :( I picked up a lil guy today, too..

What you get???

I have two fighting conchs in my tank and love them. They're fun to watch and they go to town on stuff. Keep the sand bed stirred as well :)

Do they move your corals that are on the sandbed? Flip stuff over, etc.

Just zoomed through your thread very nice build coming along and sorry for your stn mishaps, how much gfo are you running and what type?

Aquamaxx GFO. Added about 3/4 cup.

• Like 5

Do they move your corals that are on the sandbed? Flip stuff over, etc.

Aquamaxx GFO. Added about 3/4 cup.

Not that I've noticed. They are pretty good at going around stuff. My mexican turbos knock more stuff over than the conchs.

I use the BRS high capacity stuff and run two tablespoons when I need to. It seems to last a couple weeks or so for me before I start seeing a rise in phosphates. I do run a crap ton of macros though in the fuge and don't seem to need to run GFO all the time, but it makes me nervous so I only do a couple tablespoons at a time.

• Like 1

My conch is a bulldozer. Anything on the sand gets flipped over even some stuff on low rocks has to be cemented down or he knocks it over. I would be worried if I had any plates or anything like that. They might get damaged.

• Like 2

dont like it. dont like the spectrum. dont like the app. "no shadowing" is what they claim but since I dont have much SPS, I can't confirm that. If I can do it again, I will do Nanobox or two AI Hydra 26s.

Dang, it's that bad huh? It's funny because there was so much hype before release, but afterwards, I have not heard much about all those people who bought it besides many were supplementing with T5's :rolleyes: which tells me that it just isn't "there" yet.

I love me some new technology, but when thinking of a big build, keep thinking twice about ALL the LED options out there. I hate disco, I hate shadowing, I hate the prices for adequate coverage.

Have you given any thought to T5?

They coming out with a reefer 350xl?

I think it's just called the XL 425 now, as it's the same width, but deeper: http://www.redseafish.com/aquarium-systems/red-sea-reefer-systems-xl/

• Like 1

3/4 cups total? I'm not sure about aquamax I'm using brs gfo regular and I'm doing 14 tablespoons for 90 or so gallons what do they recommend ?

They recommend 1/2 cup per 50 gallons...

My conch is a bulldozer. Anything on the sand gets flipped over even some stuff on low rocks has to be cemented down or he knocks it over. I would be worried if I had any plates or anything like that. They might get damaged.

Not that I've noticed. They are pretty good at going around stuff. My mexican turbos knock more stuff over than the conchs.

maybe i will have to get a small one....

Have you given any thought to T5?

not at the moment. dont want to deal with hanging a T5 and changing bulbs all the time. But yea, pretty disappointed with the AP700 after seeing other people's tank with other LED options. Should have not believed the hype.

• Like 1

I have plates and the conches I have do not mess with them. I have more issues with the nassarius moving things around.

• Like 1

I lost the expensive tiny pink nem. No idea where it went. Then today, the red and green nem decided to go for a ride in the current into the mouth of the torch. I yanked it out after I saw it after dinner but I am afraid it's too far gone...sigh. I fragged the pink acro but it's not looking too hot.

In happier news, got a nice size setosa from a local reefer along with a frag of mystic sunset monti. Still looking to get more fish, hopefully next weekend.

Also, Happy V-Day everyone! My wife spent most of the day napping with 6 dogs. We have 3 of our own, fostering 1, and dogsitting 2. I finally dragged her out to a movie and dinner around 4pm.

24403619504_7451e49cd0_c.jpg

• Like 14

I lost the expensive tiny pink nem. No idea where it went. Then today, the red and green nem decided to go for a ride in the current into the mouth of the torch. I yanked it out after I saw it after dinner but I am afraid it's too far gone...sigh. I fragged the pink acro but it's not looking too hot.

In happier news, got a nice size setosa from a local reefer along with a frag of mystic sunset monti. Still looking to get more fish, hopefully next weekend.

You are not having any luck at all :( that just sucks! Hopefully the little one shows back up. And that is why I do not like torches or hammers......

• Like 2

My wife napped all day with our dogs too. She said it was the best Valentine's Day ever. Hmmmm.

Sorry about the recent losses but sounds like you're already making up for it :)

• Like 3

That sucks about the nems. Maybe you can get some again later. You remember I had bad luck w/ that gorgeous nem that fell into the wellso.

This..

20151003_212406_zpsdnpfppyq.jpg

fell into this inch size...

20151004_181539_zps7ftsxyay.jpg

and turned out like this

20151004_142758_zpslcqkugtr.jpg

• Like 1

It looked like it might because it was still suctioned to a rock the next day but then it melted. So unfortunately, I've never had the issue the other way around where it stings something else. They've been model citizens.

• Like 2

Also, Happy V-Day everyone! My wife spent most of the day napping with 6 dogs. We have 3 of our own, fostering 1, and dogsitting 2. I finally dragged her out to a movie and dinner around 4pm.

24403619504_7451e49cd0_c.jpg

:( for the nems and the coral.

:) for the photo, the six dogs and the Valentine's Day!!!!

Came home to ANOTHER floating nem, this time into the hammer. ARGH!!!

Thanks! It's a pretty comfy couch =)

OH NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

• Like 2

so far, 3 nems dead. I think I may have the flow too high and they keep detaching from the rock. I will lower the flow a bit.

How much do you have in there? It just seems odd that they are detaching. I sure hope your luck changes for the better.

I only have a fusion 20 and run a MP10 at about 50% along with a Sicce 1.5 return. Flow is great and my nems seem to not mind it.

• Like 1

In my 10g, they always go walking around, but I've never had one just detach. But then apparently, they go into a dark hole somewhere to die, at least, that's what's happened both times I've tried to keep one :(

• Like 1

I have the Gyre 130 on 50% right now. I think there isn't a crevice on the flat rock for them to attach to so they keep moving to the edge of the rock or detaching themselves. Oh well. Time for happy photos.

New FTS. I moved a purple gorg from the Spec V over. Not sure if I will keep it where it is right now.

25077917425_02ee07cd99_c.jpg

This green with blue polyps monti has really colored up since I moved it from the nano.

25077915605_b53f6bff21_c.jpg

Clowns photobombing wellso

25077908005_bfaebd5551_c.jpg

My sad nem rock...from 7 to 3.

24710252919_9655bc7a09_c.jpg

• Like 13