inTank Media Baskets

Ninja's Red Sea Reefer 350 - still here!

ninjamyst

i plan to just use some eggcrate to separate the sump. my skimmer is too big to fit in the back like that.

have you seen this video to convert the ATO to a fuge?

No, I had not. But can one just use any pump, like a Mj400, to flow into the ATO container and then it will overflow over the edges into the sump- like a zero edge aquarium? When I overflowed the ATO container it 100% went into the sump :)

So use external ATO reservoir and then use a pump or T in the return line to add water to the ATO Container/Refugium which overflows into the tank. Might be feasible, no?

Thanks! I will try that. Do you use matrix too?

Yes I do I have about 4L plus another 4L coming, Theres a thread on RC in SPS forum about Siporax and Matrix, Very informative. usually takes 2-4 months to colonize but after you'll see a significant drop in n03, I would say if you want a minimal scape, this would be your best advantage for bacteria

• Like 1

Yes I do I have about 4L plus another 4L coming, Theres a thread on RC in SPS forum about Siporax and Matrix, Very informative. usually takes 2-4 months to colonize but after you'll see a significant drop in n03, I would say if you want a minimal scape, this would be your best advantage for bacteria

Will have to check out that thread later. Are you running 8L in a 50g?? Wow, I guess I should get some more =P.

Very nice! Even your DIY egg crate stuff looks cool and neat and clean. :)

First time using egg crate, it was pretty easy. Tinkering with the sump is so addictive. I am already thinking about adding a UV sterilizer and a waterfall algae turf scrubber.

• Like 3

Looking great ! That room shot is sweet And love the fuge

Wow looks awesome man!! Very well done! I love this eggcrate stuff!

Thanks guys! I still have tons of eggcrate leftover and thinking about what other thing I can make now..hahah

• Like 2

Very nice! Even your DIY egg crate stuff looks cool and neat and clean. :)

yeah, I was thinking the same thing. If Ninja wasn't so nice, he's the type of guy you'd love to hate because everything always looks perfect :lol:

• Like 2

yeah, I was thinking the same thing. If Ninja wasn't so nice, he's the type of guy you'd love to hate because everything always looks perfect :lol:

"looks" perfect is the key. my wife yells at me all the time cuz i am the type to just sweep dirt under the rug.

That's the prettiest/neatest/coolest sump I've ever seen :).

haha, thanks Gena! it will get dirty real soon.

Won't be for too long now that it will be lit down there :D

What light are you planning on going with?

Got the MagnaFuge coming in this week. Will attach it to the front glass. If I took the measurement correctly, there is just enough space between the glass and stand door for the light to fit.

Beauties!

Thanks!

• Like 4

"looks" perfect is the key. my wife yells at me all the time cuz i am the type to just sweep dirt under the rug.

Got the MagnaFuge coming in this week. Will attach it to the front glass. If I took the measurement correctly, there is just enough space between the glass and stand door for the light to fit.

:lol: what is that saying......out of site out of mind ;)

Looking forward to see how it works out for you.

• Like 2

:lol: what is that saying......out of site out of mind ;)

Looking forward to see how it works out for you.

getting some chaeto tomorrow from a local reefer. but the light wont be here for a few more days so will probably just use a desk lamp to light it up.

• Like 1

Nice skimmer and nice fuge mod. Tank is looking great! I think my need for a new skimmer came on sooner than I thought. I thought my Tunze 9004 would last 6 months or so, my cyano explosion speaks otherwise. Might need to place the order for the Curve 5 sooner rather than later.

• Like 1

Nice skimmer and nice fuge mod. Tank is looking great! I think my need for a new skimmer came on sooner than I thought. I thought my Tunze 9004 would last 6 months or so, my cyano explosion speaks otherwise. Might need to place the order for the Curve 5 sooner rather than later.

too bad shipping to Australia is so much. i can't even sell my Curve 5 locally for $75.

• Like 2

too bad shipping to Australia is so much. i can't even sell my Curve 5 locally for $75.

That and I'd probably have to buy a new pump, pretty sure the US sold ones are 110V only. I can buy one new for about $190AUD which is pretty good considering they were $250AUD before Christmas. I did look at the coral box skimmers also and with the current exchange rate they are a bit more than I want to pay. I was considering the Curve 7 but think it is serious overkill for my tank lol.

Wow why is it hard to sell?

Hell I would buy it for that price if I was local......

That and I'd probably have to buy a new pump, pretty sure the US sold ones are 110V only. I can buy one new for about $190AUD which is pretty good considering they were $250AUD before Christmas. I did look at the coral box skimmers also and with the current exchange rate they are a bit more than I want to pay. I was considering the Curve 7 but think it is serious overkill for my tank lol.

I really need to look at measurements when I buy stuff online. I had no idea the D700 was this big. Its probably overkill for my tank...hahah.

• Like 2

I really need to look at measurements when I buy stuff online. I had no idea the D700 was this big. Its probably overkill for my tank...hahah.

I was surprised to see how much bigger than the Curve 5 it was. Even the D500 is a little larger than the Curve 5. I need to be careful selecting my skimmer, I only have 9-10" square in my skimmer chamber. The Curve 5 will fit and I have a bit of wiggle room for a few other options if need be.