ReefCleaners.org

Ninja's Red Sea Reefer 350 - still here!

ninjamyst

Last red sea reefer sump inspiration..

Oh man. This guy was using an external ATO and uses the factory ATO container before the baffles as a refugium! Perhaps I will see how this fits later.

ccd2c9003a2a903c761757e650874099_zps3gya

Is that the same sump you guys have? it looks ALOT longer. Ya'll make me jelous i want a tank like this :bling: and that skimmer is just so amazing...

• Like 2

Is that the same sump you guys have? it looks ALOT longer. Ya'll make me jelous i want a tank like this :bling: and that skimmer is just so amazing...

Thats the reefer 450 sump :lol:

• Like 1

Last red sea reefer sump inspiration..

Oh man. This guy was using an external ATO and uses the factory ATO container before the baffles as a refugium! Perhaps I will see how this fits later.

ccd2c9003a2a903c761757e650874099_zps3gya

Ohhhh the ATB :wub: I had one years ago and those things can suck fly shit out of a 100 gallon :lol:

I think if I ever did go with the Reefer a 450 would be it just for that sump ;)

• Like 1

MagnaFuge light came early today. The dimension is ALMOST perfect. It is thicker than their website shows by a few mm so the cabinet door is resting on the light when closed. Hope it doesn't cause issue with heat. Otherwise, it gives off good amount of light. I like that I dont have to hang a light above the sump. Will the light cause algae to grow inside the skimmer?

24619106553_270553434d_z.jpg

• Like 4

hmmm....what kind of reef safe material can I use to block off the other side?

I would just run it and see what happens. If it does start to grow something then worry about putting something in there to block the light.

Get a dark piece of acrylic maybe?

• Like 2

I refuse to call it that, I call it cheeto. :lol:

:lol: me too!

MagnaFuge light came early today. The dimension is ALMOST perfect. It is thicker than their website shows by a few mm so the cabinet door is resting on the light when closed. Hope it doesn't cause issue with heat. Otherwise, it gives off good amount of light. I like that I dont have to hang a light above the sump. Will the light cause algae to grow inside the skimmer?

24619106553_270553434d_z.jpg

Looking great, Ninja!!!! I want to separate my fuge into three parts - red algae, green algae and cheeto ( :) ). I am going to try your egg crate idea!

• Like 3

no lies here.

My LFS is about 1 hour away from me. My wife regularly goes up that way for medical reasons, and or babies r us/target... When she goes there I ask her to make a stop at the LFS to pick up for or whatever.

on this particular occasion I asker her to pick up some flakes with garlic in it, they will know what to give you, AND please pick up cheeto. I really thought she knew what it was.

She came home with the fish food, several bags from babies R us and target... I asked where the cheeto way... she handed me a wawa (its like 7/11) bag with a bag of Cheetos and a Diet coke lol.

• Like 10

Looking great, Ninja!!!! I want to separate my fuge into three parts - red algae, green algae and cheeto ( :) ). I am going to try your egg crate idea!

can't wait to see pics of it...in like a month =P

no lies here.

My LFS is about 1 hour away from me. My wife regularly goes up that way for medical reasons, and or babies r us/target... When she goes there I ask her to make a stop at the LFS to pick up for or whatever.

on this particular occasion I asker her to pick up some flakes with garlic in it, they will know what to give you, AND please pick up cheeto. I really thought she knew what it was.

She came home with the fish food, several bags from babies R us and target... I asked where the cheeto way... she handed me a wawa (its like 7/11) bag with a bag of Cheetos and a Diet coke lol.

hahahah...that's hilarious. i bet my wife would have done the same.

• Like 2

can't wait to see pics of it...in like a month =P

.. or three :D

no lies here.

I love this.

• Like 2

Ninja,

When you got your RSR 350 did you build your stand and sump? or was it pre built?

Also does the tank sit on the top or does it have ledges that it rests in? I don't know if I am asking this correctly. hmmm If the tank was empty could you push it off the end of the stand or would a lip stop it?

Ninja,

When you got your RSR 350 did you build your stand and sump? or was it pre built?

Also does the tank sit on the top or does it have ledges that it rests in? I don't know if I am asking this correctly. hmmm If the tank was empty could you push it off the end of the stand or would a lip stop it?

You have to build the stand yourself. Then slide the sump in and install the plumbing. It comes with a nice instructional manual. The tank just sits on top. It's way too heavy for someone to push it off.

• Like 3