Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Chris' CAD Lights 45g Shallow : Another Re-Scape (Video)

cnseekatz

The amount of growth? I just have a few specs of it.

It like super high flow, and lots of calcium. It gets plenty of both in my tank I guess.

Boosted the light another 5%. Hoping to get a little better coloration out of some of my SPS.

Radion%2006-15_zpslulf3p7b.jpg

• Like 2

I am up at 85% intensity, looking to increase to 90%. Modified coral radiance program with 12 k peak and 13k, 14.5 k then 20K dawn and dusk.

Tons of flow, two Vortices, MP 10 at 100% and MP 40 at 25% (otherwise too much flow). Ca hanging around 420, alk 2.85 mEq/l (solid stable for almost 3 weeks. Dosing buffer and CaCl at 5 ml/day and 4 ml/day.

I am up at 85% intensity, looking to increase to 90%. Modified coral radiance program with 12 k peak and 13k, 14.5 k then 20K dawn and dusk.

Tons of flow, two Vortices, MP 10 at 100% and MP 40 at 25% (otherwise too much flow). Ca hanging around 420, alk 2.85 mEq/l (solid stable for almost 3 weeks. Dosing buffer and CaCl at 5 ml/day and 4 ml/day.

I wish I had more advise. You are way more in tune with your chemistry than I am. I am embarrassed to admit that I haven't checked any water parameters in months.

The tank is up against a small bump out in the wall, so I can't get my magnetic scraper back there... :blush:

Aiyayiyai! You need a blade scraper, BRS sells them, best thing on earth. They come on a little angled plastic thing, you put in a fresh blade, put in the plastic screws and scrape away.

• Like 1

Aiyayiyai! You need a blade scraper, BRS sells them, best thing on earth. They come on a little angled plastic thing, you put in a fresh blade, put in the plastic screws and scrape away.

Did you miss my dissertation on coralline algae as a metaphor for the darkness of the human condition? ;) Who am I to deny what I am by scraping my glass?

• Like 1

So I'm going to the LFS for some arcti-pods. I wonder if I'm going to pull a you?!?

I would encourage you to pull a me... It's a wonderful, liberating experience. It'll excite you and leave you breathless.

• Like 2

I would encourage you to pull a me... It's a wonderful, liberating experience. It'll excite you and leave you breathless.

Ha!! You crack me up.
  • Like 1

Did you miss my dissertation on coralline algae as a metaphor for the darkness of the human condition? ;) Who am I to deny what I am by scraping my glass?

Okay ya, but in cleaning the glass, you get to realize a new self. You get to understand how fast your dark side comes back. If you are more raw than perfect cooked.

Okay ya, but in cleaning the glass, you get to realize a new self. You get to understand how fast your dark side comes back. If you are more raw than perfect cooked.

Sounds like a lot of work! ;)

In other news, I'm thinking about buying some stuff from Alex. Can you vouch for his goods?

• Like 1

I found two of these guys on the Magician palys (now living in my fuge). I don't know if it's the same thing as what I saw on them before. They were not directly on top of the "hole", but rather on the sides of the closed up paly, and they pulled off rather easily, unlike the last time.

I took a photo with my real camera, and after a quick zoom, it's clearly a snail. It's only about 0.5 mm (the size of the super small pellets). I'm only familiar with one snail that will eat zoanthids, and that's a sundial snail. This doesn't look like a sundial. It looks more like little collonista snail.

I'm guessing this is correlation, not causation?

Snail_zpswe2sb72c.jpg

• Like 1

Sounds like a lot of work! ;)

In other news, I'm thinking about buying some stuff from Alex. Can you vouch for his goods?

I can! Everything that I have bought from Alex has done very well. He is also healing some stuff up for me now that I managed to mess up! I personally have no experience with his packaging/shipping, though, as he is local to me.

• Like 1

I can! Everything that I have bought from Alex has done very well. He is also healing some stuff up for me now that I managed to mess up! I personally have no experience with his packaging/shipping, though, as he is local to me.

Nice! He's got a couple pieces set aside for me as well. :ninja:

Pretty excited about it... stuff looks amazing!

Moved the green bird's nest up to the top of the tank. It's almost sticking out of the water, but I think it gives better balance and dimension to the tank.

667a6a2e-8c74-4942-9fe5-ccf6b3b6e1f5_zps

• Like 4

Moved the green bird's nest up to the top of the tank. It's almost sticking out of the water, but I think it gives better balance and dimension to the tank.

667a6a2e-8c74-4942-9fe5-ccf6b3b6e1f5_zps

Looks unbelievable!!!!! I didn't pull a you at the LFS - ended up with food and a rock (dry one at that). That's LAME!

• Like 1

I found two of these guys on the Magician palys (now living in my fuge). I don't know if it's the same thing as what I saw on them before. They were not directly on top of the "hole", but rather on the sides of the closed up paly, and they pulled off rather easily, unlike the last time.

I took a photo with my real camera, and after a quick zoom, it's clearly a snail. It's only about 0.5 mm (the size of the super small pellets). I'm only familiar with one snail that will eat zoanthids, and that's a sundial snail. This doesn't look like a sundial. It looks more like little collonista snail.

I'm guessing this is correlation, not causation?

Snail_zpswe2sb72c.jpg

You know what's funny? I just took a photo tonight of a moving white blobish thing on some of my zoas. I wasn't sure what the heck they were but after having that problem a couple weeks ago, I got worried. After I took the photo, I then took some tongs and lifted the thing off - and found out it was a grouping of about 5 of the white baby snails. Mine look like nerites, but they're completely white and all my nerites are the black and white checked kind. So who knows. But I also checked to see if they looked like sundials and they didn't. So I put them back in the tank. Not the best photo as it was taken with my iPhone zoomed in, but in the center you can see the white blob of snails:

uTgJjY6.jpg

WOW! :bowdown:

You're too kind. I'm just trying to get something that looks as good as tanks like yours!

You know what's funny? I just took a photo tonight of a moving white blobish thing on some of my zoas. I wasn't sure what the heck they were but after having that problem a couple weeks ago, I got worried. After I took the photo, I then took some tongs and lifted the thing off - and found out it was a grouping of about 5 of the white baby snails. Mine look like nerites, but they're completely white and all my nerites are the black and white checked kind. So who knows. But I also checked to see if they looked like sundials and they didn't. So I put them back in the tank. Not the best photo as it was taken with my iPhone zoomed in, but in the center you can see the white blob of snails:

uTgJjY6.jpg

I have to assume that baby snails is generally a good thing...

• Like 1