Pod Your Reef

Chris' CAD Lights 45g Shallow : Another Re-Scape (Video)

cnseekatz

So after boosting my ALK and CA dosing from 10 to 12 mL a day, and then again from 12 to 16 mL, I haven't noticed any measurable difference with my API test kits. I know they're not very precise so I'm not putting too much faith in them. I've noticed some better SPS coloration, but definitely nothing dramatic.

Considering I'm just hovering around 7 dKH, and just over 400 mg/L CA, I'm going to increase the dosing a little bit more. I'm going to bump it up to 20 mL/day of each (B-Ionic 2 part), and see how that goes.

• Like 1

Ugh, I know. I'm not ready for summer heat. When is this El Niño supposed to arrive?

It is here for us, Unusual rain, no relieve in heat. Avg 95 degree's.

It is here for us, Unusual rain, no relieve in heat. Avg 95 degree's.

I remember the first time I went to Dallas. I was driving in Arlington, and pulled into a grocery store parking lot. It was about 98 degrees and pouring rain.

The ground was so hot that the rain was evaporating when it hit the blacktop, creating huge steam clouds. It was miserable.

• Like 2
thecoralbeauty

I remember the first time I went to Dallas. I was driving in Arlington, and pulled into a grocery store parking lot. It was about 98 degrees and pouring rain.

The ground was so hot that the rain was evaporating when it hit the blacktop, creating huge steam clouds. It was miserable.

just move to colorado. y'all know you want to.

• Like 4

I was looking into Colorado, would love to move there is there was a good position.

I heat that, when I was in Juarez/El Paso, 110's, and summer monsoon would leave a stream room for an hour. I also remember cooking an egg on the sidewalk.

It can be done, eventually.

18679290283_8bf6910f5c_k.jpgSkimmer by Alejandro Magadan, on Flickr

Honestly I was thinking about a new skimmer too, BM curve 5 or the SWC 120. They are just costly, I have a skimmer seems to work, I think, , with 0 PO4 and NO3 and minimal algae growth. Will have to wait and see.

• Like 1

Everyone move to Connecticut. Don't listen to Morgan. Chris, when did you change your topic name? I just noticed today and cracked up!!!

• Like 2

Everyone move to Connecticut. Don't listen to Morgan. Chris, when did you change your topic name? I just noticed today and cracked up!!!

I was trying to lure you in...

just move to colorado. y'all know you want to.

Guy's gotta work yo! Houses out there aren't THAT cheap! ;)

• Like 1
thecoralbeauty

I was trying to lure you in...

Guy's gotta work yo! Houses out there aren't THAT cheap! ;)

new plan: i sell my condo, y'all move out (stellablue, you too!, and gena), we all buy a communal reef house and turn the entire living room area and finished basement that we'll have from pooling funds into tank rooms. it will be paradise!

in more realistic news though, i love the new maxima you have. :)

• Like 3

new plan: i sell my condo, y'all move out (stellablue, you too!, and gena), we all buy a communal reef house and turn the entire living room area and finished basement that we'll have from pooling funds into tank rooms. it will be paradise!

Sounds like a plan!

• Like 2

What about all the cats? They're going to need a room too lol.
  • Like 2

What is that coral???

It's just a green leather, nepthea or sinularia, I'm not sure. Used to look like this:

1f38fba2-5bb4-4c55-9d2b-960affeef017_zps

Not in Colorado! They'll get eaten!

busted.gif

• Like 3

Not quite as easy to see, but still proud!

Cali-Tort

Cali%20Tort%20Growth_zpsbolh9nww.jpg

Nice shot and beautiful acro! What are those crazy spotted zoas? Those are really cool.

It's just a green leather, nepthea or sinularia, I'm not sure. Used to look like this:

1f38fba2-5bb4-4c55-9d2b-960affeef017_zps

busted.gif

Love the color of that coral.

Nice shot and beautiful acro! What are those crazy spotted zoas? Those are really cool.

Those are Utter Chaos!

Last one... promise

Green%20Birdsnest%20Growth_zpshlnw8exv.j

• Like 1

Those are Utter Chaos!

Last one... promise

Green%20Birdsnest%20Growth_zpshlnw8exv.j

WOAH! You saved the best growth for last. That's crazy! Those utter chaos are really cool.

WOAH! You saved the best growth for last. That's crazy! Those utter chaos are really cool.

Thanks Stella!

A few more top down shots before I turn the pumps back on:

ORA Pearlberry starting to show some color... finally!

cca9c233-690d-4bda-84b8-d8afba1f203a_zps

• Like 1

Some green eyed purple chalice seems to like it's spot, and has grown pretty quickly.

33bd9e32-d99c-4803-b0fc-672b2c3782f2_zps

Lookin good!

Thanks man... looking forward to adding a few special new pieces!

• Like 2