Top Shelf Aquatics

Chris' CAD Lights 45g Shallow : Another Re-Scape (Video)

cnseekatz

Yay! You brought the picture to the next page! It never fails, I drop a photo, the page turns and I never see it again!

Yeah, I really like the little Midas Blenny. I think they can be fairly shy, and find little nooks and crannies to perch in. Not mine! She's a total ham. It's actually difficult to get photos of other things in the tank... she loves to photobomb.

• Like 1

BAD ACAN!!

83f64149-1f8a-4d73-a472-5d1b3e71b49f_zps

Oh damn! Similar thing happened in my tank. An acan lord slid across the glass (barebottom...) And stopped beside an acan echinata. Half the acan lord was gone lol.

Oh damn! Similar thing happened in my tank. An acan lord slid across the glass (barebottom...) And stopped beside an acan echinata. Half the acan lord was gone lol.

Yeah, this echinata took out about 3-4 heads of an acan lord before I found it and moved them. Lord has made a nice recovery since then!

Kat compelled me to photograph my Rastas... They've never been big polyps, but they've got really long skirts. I like!

9d087f10-0e33-417e-a48b-d803b2009003_zps

• Like 4

Kat compelled me to photograph my Rastas... They've never been big polyps, but they've got really long skirts. I like!

Those rastas are pretty gnarly! Congrats, always been a happy reefer when skirts get that long!

Wow!! Those are awesome looking!

Those rastas are pretty gnarly! Congrats, always been a happy reefer when skirts get that long!

Wow!! Those are awesome looking!

Thanks guys!

• Like 1

Picked up a few frags from a local reefer last weekend. After a nice Bayer dip, they went onto the frag rack for the better part of this week. Glued 'em down today, and figured I'd share. I picked up a piece of Frag Farmer's Red Robin Stag (pictured below), ATL Corals Joleen's Red Tabling Acro, and a nice mini colony of Pink Lemonade.

Here's the Red Robin... I know that in lower light the base turns a metallic green, and at higher light it brings out the bright red. I've got this positioned pretty high, so I'm hoping to see this baby color up nicely!

18ec1322-f3f7-4653-9c85-77f07e5fe556_zps

Here's what I'm hoping it'll look like eventually:

P5260074__65198.jpg

• Like 2

Oh wow... If only dropping $900 on a fish wasn't so outrageous....

0707151-169.jpg

Good thing it isn't at your LFS otherwise you may come back with that instead of RODI.

ATL Joleen's Aussie Red Tabling Acro

Another Red acro that gets a nice green base under lower light and more solid red under higher light. I really like the green this species gets, so I've placed this a little lower.

(Special shout out to Gena's Idaho Grape Monti Cap in the background trying to dominate the green one)

eb41220f-2565-479b-a650-692d95ce4d9b_zps

Here's the target for the Joleen:

acropora-aussie-red-table.jpg?v=13524392

Wow, that looks great! Is that one of the new ones? What are those purple zoas with the long skirts?

Thanks Stella. Those are Tyree Space Monsters. Purple centers flecked with black, with black and green striped skirts. That's right, I'm name dropping! They're actually fairly common these days, and they grow really fast. One of my favorites!

• Like 2

Last, but not least... Here's a Miyagi Tort. I had originally purchased a good-sized frag from a local guy, and it immediately RTN'd on me. I had to cut it up, and here's the biggest piece that I was able to save. It's starting to encrust on the disk really quickly, and the colors are looking great!

You can also see the Oregon Tort to the right. Colors are responding very well to the increased Alk/Ca dosing, and it's actually starting to encrust on the frag plug... only took 6 months!

Have a great weekend all!

920fc98e-dc25-4b2a-9717-fb85dd766818_zps

Those are really cool looking!!! Name dropper....

Next time you come to Orange County, I'll pass you a couple!

• Like 1

Last, but not least... Here's a Miyagi Tort. I had originally purchased a good-sized frag from a local guy, and it immediately RTN'd on me. I had to cut it up, and here's the biggest piece that I was able to save. It's starting to encrust on the disk really quickly, and the colors are looking great!

You can also see the Oregon Tort to the right. Colors are responding very well to the increased Alk/Ca dosing, and it's actually starting to encrust on the frag plug... only took 6 months!

Have a great weekend all!

920fc98e-dc25-4b2a-9717-fb85dd766818_zps

Next time you come to Orange County, I'll pass you a couple!

I'll trade ya for some mint pavona :)

omgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomg EXCITING NEWS! I've spent the last 6 months looking for something for my tank. I've looked everywhere, and FINALLY found one. I'm going to go check it out tonight. I'll give you a hint.... it's yellow!!! :ninja:

• Like 1

omgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomg EXCITING NEWS! I've spent the last 6 months looking for something for my tank. I've looked everywhere, and FINALLY found one. I'm going to go check it out tonight. I'll give you a hint.... it's yellow!!! :ninja:

A yellow submarine????

Whatever it is, you got me excited!! :haha:

• Like 1

A Lemonpeel Angelfish!

you're leaving us all hanging!