Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Chris' CAD Lights 45g Shallow : Another Re-Scape (Video)

cnseekatz

picoreef78

Dude that is some insane growth. I wish my tank grew that fast. Maybe my lights are to bright.

I don't think you need a new skimmer, growth looks phenomenal, seems like your doing something right!

Dude that is some insane growth. I wish my tank grew that fast. Maybe my lights are to bright.

I don't think you need a new skimmer, growth looks phenomenal, seems like your doing something right!

Thanks man. Most of those things are pretty quick growers anyway, but I do think it's a good sign for my tank. I've got some more "advanced" SPS coming shortly, so we'll see!

The only thing to show awesome growth in my tank are the montipora and the Milka Stylo

Tank looks good though bro. Nice order from Reef Gardener. She's got some sexy stuff!

• Like 1
picoreef78

Some green eyed purple chalice seems to like it's spot, and has grown pretty quickly.

33bd9e32-d99c-4803-b0fc-672b2c3782f2_zps

Thanks man... looking forward to adding a few special new pieces!

Looks like Echinopora llamesa (Stunner chalice) This things grows amazingly. I had it in by old RedSea with stock lighting and after to 1/2 deaths it grew to a good 6-7 inches within the year.

Tank looks good though bro. Nice order from Reef Gardener. She's got some sexy stuff!

She does. Looking at unique corals (mainly for the A. microlados) and yourreef, in then end she had good prices and awesome coral.

I had to cut my lights back to 85%, the A. granulosa, reverse sunset and A. millipora all became a teal col, probably to bright. It really did not help growth either.

Nice how long have you had it?

I got it back at the beginning of April.

Hasn't changed that much, just grown a bit taller and started to branch out.

0a41dd7e-1d47-41dd-a4ba-598dd6a58825_zps

• Like 2
thecoralbeauty

Not in Colorado! They'll get eaten!

this is true. outdoor kitties only live a few years due to all the coyotes and what not. keep them inside!

I let mine outside so long as they're in my arms or my lap... but no running off or i may not see them again. besides, they make sure there are no bugs or mice in the house :)

Thanks Stella!

A few more top down shots before I turn the pumps back on:

ORA Pearlberry starting to show some color... finally!

cca9c233-690d-4bda-84b8-d8afba1f203a_zps

love pearlberry. been wanting a piece for the longest time, but a tiny 1/2 inch stub goes for around 90 bucks here. eesh!

• Like 1
picoreef78

I just picked one up. Any tips on placement? The last one I had died :(

I backed down on the Radions to 85% (from 90%) Sitting on RMS. Placement would be somewhere about 10 inches from water surface.

love pearlberry. been wanting a piece for the longest time, but a tiny 1/2 inch stub goes for around 90 bucks here. eesh!

Yeah, it's pretty pricey. I got this piece from a local guy. It's probably about 2-2.5", and I think he charged me $40. I think that finding a good local forum is key. I've acquired a bunch of stuff from local hobbyists. You can see the stuff before you buy it, have a conversation with the person who grew it, and you don't have to pay for shipping!

• Like 1

I just picked one up. Any tips on placement? The last one I had died :(

I backed down on the Radions to 85% (from 90%) Sitting on RMS. Placement would be somewhere about 10 inches from water surface.

Mine is pretty high up, but not directly under the light, I'd call it medium light. It's also in a very high flow spot. Though I've seen some colonies do really well in very low flow spots.

As with anything, you should start it out down low, and move it up.

• Like 1

Had some RTN on the green mille. Chopped off about 1/2" from the bottom. Super glued it back to it's rock. No sign of pests, and parameters normal. Everything else looks fine.

Oh no! one of my acans stung almost 50% of a new poci frag. Those things are MEAN! Good news though is the Poci seems to be doing ok.

They obeyed the summons of the conch...

20150707_173532_zpsc20bffd5.jpg

What a great shot! What kind of conch is this? Fighting conch?

Oh no! one of my acans stung almost 50% of a new poci frag. Those things are MEAN! Good news though is the Poci seems to be doing ok.

What a great shot! What kind of conch is this? Fighting conch?

Yep! Not sure of the exact species. Some kind of strombus. I've got a pair of them in the tank. They're quite active, but I don't ever see them burrow. They just cruise around on the surface.

• Like 1

Yep! Not sure of the exact species. Some kind of strombus. I've got a pair of them in the tank. They're quite active, but I don't ever see them burrow. They just cruise around on the surface.

I love the eyes poking out!

• Like 1

Echinatas are so bad. Is that a monti it attacked?

Yeah, it's naughty... but it's pretty, so I put up with it. Sounds like my personal life! ;)

Yes ma'am, it is (was?) a chunky piece of M. setosa.

BTW... I miss your clam in a monti-bowl!

• Like 2

Yeah, it's naughty... but it's pretty, so I put up with it. Sounds like my personal life! ;)

Yes ma'am, it is (was?) a chunky piece of M. setosa.

BTW... I miss your clam in a monti-bowl!

Well, you need to make a clam-monti-bowl :D.
  • Like 1

Would be a nice photo if not for the glare from the window :(

20150709_130055_zps02e27650.jpg

It's an awesome photo, regardless. I've given up trying to not get window glare. There are so many darn windows in the room we have the tank in that even the street lights at night create glare. Oh well. This I love. And your midas blenny (I think that's what it is) is so beautiful.