Top Shelf Aquatics

Chris' CAD Lights 45g Shallow : Another Re-Scape (Video)

cnseekatz

Good looking frags. I love pearlberry. I added a piece to my tank before the tank was ready and lost it. I need to find another piece now. And ironically enough, I just got a piece of red planet last night!

• Like 1

Hey Chris, you said you're able to crank up your MP10 to 80% in this tank? I didn't notice in this thread but are you running the shields for shallow tanks on the Vortechs so they don't pull in air from the surface?

Just curious.. I have two on my CadLights 45 shallow and the highest I can turn them up is 60% and they still manage to pull in air... if I mount them any lower in my tank and the SB goes to hell. Currently they are about in the middle on the tank concerning top to bottom..

One more thing, can you share your light schedule on your Radion? im running the Hydra 52 but was curious to know how your is setup..

Thanks man.. tank is awesome!

• Like 1

Good looking frags. I love pearlberry. I added a piece to my tank before the tank was ready and lost it. I need to find another piece now. And ironically enough, I just got a piece of red planet last night!

I've been on a bit of a binge lately, and I know I'll need to calm down. I'm going to grab a sunset mille and a piece of miyagi tort this afternoon, and then I'm done for a while (he says).

• Like 2

Hey Chris, you said you're able to crank up your MP10 to 80% in this tank? I didn't notice in this thread but are you running the shields for shallow tanks on the Vortechs so they don't pull in air from the surface?

Just curious.. I have two on my CadLights 45 shallow and the highest I can turn them up is 60% and they still manage to pull in air... if I mount them any lower in my tank and the SB goes to hell. Currently they are about in the middle on the tank concerning top to bottom..

One more thing, can you share your light schedule on your Radion? im running the Hydra 52 but was curious to know how your is setup..

Thanks man.. tank is awesome!

Yeah, I have the acrylic shallow-shield on my MP10, and it does a great job. It allows me to have it about 2 inches below the surface of the water without sucking air, or blowing sand around.

Here's my Radion schedule. It's a slightly modified version of their "Coral Radiance" mode. It's pretty basic. It's a sunrise/sunset cycle that starts at 8:00 am, ends at 8:00 pm, and ramps up to 100% on all channels. However, the main power is limited right now at 55%, though I've been ramping that up, and I think I can go higher.

This is the profile for 9:00 am. By noon, all channels are fully engaged.

Radion%20Setting_zps78mipmy4.jpg

• Like 2

Baseline photo for the new Strawberry Shortcake acro. It's pretty drab now, but hopefully in a few months I'll be sharing a photo of nice pink and green piece. Pink and green will go a lot better with all the orange and yellow palys than brown does!

The Red Dragon piece I ordered didn't survive transit unfortunately. Pretty disappointing, but hey... it happens right?

Also in the photo, from right to left, Gold Mauls, Red Hornets, Blondies, and some Utter Chaos. I love the little ninja Utter Chaos polyp that snuck out of the crevice beneath the rest of the colony. :ninja:

12a5e882-d567-4c49-9b34-76648769fd65_zps

This is an old picture, but the tips on this guy (supposed to be Strawberry Shortcake) are turning bright pink. The rest of it is still that dull purple color, but hopefully this is a start.

Just posted this in Gena's sale thread, but I figured I'd post it here too. If anyone is thinking about buying a purple monti-cap, call this chick!

CAP%20Growth_zpsnosk3ood.jpg

• Like 4

Just posted this in Gena's sale thread, but I figured I'd post it here too. If anyone is thinking about buying a purple monti-cap, call this chick!

CAP%20Growth_zpsnosk3ood.jpg

I can't remember if mine did anything crazy like that! I'll have to go back and look through photos :D.

And thanks :flower:.

picoreef78

Tank is looking good.

I have my Radions at 85% now (had been on 80% for a couple of months) doing well. The biggest improvement is treating for AEFW.

cnseekatz

Tank is looking good.

I have my Radions at 85% now (had been on 80% for a couple of months) doing well. The biggest improvement is treating for AEFW.

Thanks man. It's a constant work in progress right? How dare you mention flat worms on my thread?! J/K, how's the battle going?

My name is Chris, and I am addicted to buying corals. I know I have a problem, but I can't help myself....

New Miyagi Tort from a local hobbyist; Taken with my cell phone!

93b56a70-c30e-455a-af04-ca293367f606_zps

• Like 4
picoreef78

Going well about at week 8 of treatment, i think it is one of the last. Every water change dip has less and less AEFW coming off.

cnseekatz

Going well about at week 8 of treatment, i think it is one of the last. Every water change dip has less and less AEFW coming off.

Where did they come from? Do you know?

I got a tort today too!!

You did? ! What did you get?

picoreef78

All my corals of from Morgan, so maybe hidden in one of those colonies.

Getting almost everything put back on the rock work.

The two small frags of the ORA Miami Orchid (aka ground zero) still tossing < 10 AEFW.

The two A. milliporas are also tossing off < 10 AEFW, all small.

The A. valida (GARF Bonsai) tossed off a few.

I plan on dipping them until no AEFW come off.

Pics to come later today post water change craziness.

cnseekatz

Ugh... good luck sir. Get yourself a Melanurus or a Sixline wrasse. They won't stop the problem entirely, but they'll eat the adult worms, and help you to contain the problem. Same thing with Zoanthid-Eating-Nudis if you keep Z's & Ps.

Now I'm going to call a witch doctor and purge the evil from this page:

witch-witch-doctor-healing-patient-o.gif

thecoralbeauty

All my corals of from Morgan, so maybe hidden in one of those colonies.

Getting almost everything put back on the rock work.

The two small frags of the ORA Miami Orchid (aka ground zero) still tossing < 10 AEFW.

The two A. milliporas are also tossing off < 10 AEFW, all small.

The A. valida (GARF Bonsai) tossed off a few.

I plan on dipping them until no AEFW come off.

Pics to come later today post water change craziness.

My name is morgan. i did a double take.

thecoralbeauty

I figured!

Sometimes I wonder if my cat's constant gaze keeps my frags from growing, but chris, your growth pics are insane!! So, I remain hopeful.

NanoFever

Looking good dude! I've been looking for that tort for some time. Local guy has a huge colony but I can't talk him in to selling it! Lol!

picoreef78

I think the aggressive and consistent dipping is doing the trick. I might have to get a wrasse in the near future to help keep the tank free of pests.