Cultivated Reef

Kat's Birthday Party

metrokat

The color on your lighting is so crisp and nice. What temperature/color are you using in these pictures? I'd like to mimic this. Nice tank.

Thank you. My light is an ATI Nano Box retrofit. 4 T5 bulbs and 6 NB full spectrum arrays.

T5 bulb combo is 2 Blue+ 1Coral + 1 Purple +

The arrays are still ramping up so they are all channels on at the same power which is less than 50% of the total power of the unit.

I can;t say enough good things about this fixture. Dave made it absolutely perfect for my needs. I couldn't ask for a better color rendering. My corals are loving life. Visually the tank looks like daylight but without the yellow tint. With a slight lilac/blue tint. I can't wait to play with the arrays though.

ok.. shaggy is shaggy.. MetroSchwag GP Acro.

That's the Green Kitty yo.

• Like 1

Hypo, what kind of camera is it? The pictures really are beautiful :wub:

I use the Olympus TG-3, it's a really good all-around camera, especially for taking on vacation/adventures. For the "nano reef" hobby it's nice cuz you can dunk it in the water, do an automatic color balance to correct for those blue lights, and it has some really nice macro features for those extreme closeups

• Like 2

Thank you. My light is an ATI Nano Box retrofit. 4 T5 bulbs and 6 NB full spectrum arrays.

T5 bulb combo is 2 Blue+ 1Coral + 1 Purple +

The arrays are still ramping up so they are all channels on at the same power which is less than 50% of the total power of the unit.

I can;t say enough good things about this fixture. Dave made it absolutely perfect for my needs. I couldn't ask for a better color rendering. My corals are loving life. Visually the tank looks like daylight but without the yellow tint. With a slight lilac/blue tint. I can't wait to play with the arrays though.

That's the Green Kitty yo.

Just switched to LEDs and although colors seem to pop better under them, I find that I had the best growth and color rendering with T5s previously. I think a hybrid like this would be perfect. This will definitely be my next upgrade when I get a bigger tank. Thanks.

• Like 1

Should be 3 days. For Cyano. It's not an eyesore by any means, just ever present on some spots.

My TDS out of the membrane is 3, but zero out of the final DI canister. However the DI resin is clearly exhausted so how can I believe these readings?

Has anybody used chemiclean as a dip? I don't have widespread cyano but I have it on some frags and rocks that I can remove for a dip. Wondering if as a dip it is also effective instead of a system wide treatment.

Tank is looking great Kat! I used Chemiclean and it worked great to get rid of my cyano. The only problem was getting out of the tank. It made my skimmer go nuts for a few weeks - even after a few water changes. I never thought it would end. But it definitely worked.

No way. They're invasive. I have injected them with lemon juice, peroxide, air, stabbed them, tweezed them out. Bastards are cockroaches.

I'm sure a starter injection of toilet bowl cleaner and a follow up injection with bleach will chlorinate him to death

Just kidding don't do that I don't want you to die

But it will kill the polyps

• Like 1

I'm in the process of a new build and I have a nice piece of live rock that has a few unwanted zoanthids, also some buna branch that has some majanos....I'm about to chisel those mofo's off. Wish me luck! haha