Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Kat's Birthday Party

metrokat

jedimasterben

I'm here for a pre-emptive pic request. I'm not too late, am I?

It's never too late for a preemptive pic request, despite that a few pics were posted above lol. MOAR PICS

• Like 2

Red Planet with Kittiyagi in the background on the right. The coral at the top is a Rocky Mountain Frag, Jared's Prostrata. Doesn't look like much, the top down faces away so can't see what the fuss is all about.

P4050079.JPG

But here's the close up

P4050081.JPG

P4050096.JPG

P4050134.JPG

P4050074.JPG

P4050072.JPG

The Tenuis colony came out with more golden and green in the picture.

P4050075.JPG

P4050091.JPG

P4050082.JPG

SSC resurrection. Fitting for Easter eh? This frag had pretty much died in the tank transfer.

P4050068.JPG

• Like 17

When you post up a bunch of pictures, it really makes me want to upgrade my tank, my equipment, and how much time I invest in this hobby. Of course, then I look at my fraglets and realize I don't have the time or the money, but it still makes me want to!

• Like 3
jedimaster1138

speckled fire and ice. Darwin from Legendary Corals is a huge fan too.

Those are purdy. If you find yourself making a frag of them to let grow out on your giant frag rack of fun-ness for the next time i see you, I would pay you in Starbucks and/or whatever you want. I can have Penny give love if that's more up your alley :-D

• Like 2

It was in my cart when i pulled the trigger on the other frags recently. One of my pet peeves in this hobby is not being able to see what the colony looks like. Frags are always different because they are taken from growth tips. Like the Miyagi tort, who knew a tort would grow in a montipora cap formation.

Those are purdy. If you find yourself making a frag of them to let grow out on your giant frag rack of fun-ness for the next time i see you, I would pay you in Starbucks and/or whatever you want. I can have Penny give love if that's more up your alley :-D

Will do.

Tank is as drool worthy as ever! You have a magic touch Kat :)

Thanks Amber!

Oh man I need a bigger tank...very nice! Oh, and magic SPS growing powers too... :bowdown:

Aww, thank you. Happy corals make me happy.

When you post up a bunch of pictures, it really makes me want to upgrade my tank, my equipment, and how much time I invest in this hobby. Of course, then I look at my fraglets and realize I don't have the time or the money, but it still makes me want to!

:wub:

Yesterday I spent a lot of time cleaning the tank up for our visitor. So now I get to enjoy a clean tank till all hell breaks loose again. Gluing down is the challenge right now. Using up every available inch of space. lol.

• Like 2

wants to see ALL 4

Here's the Jason Fox John Deere Leptastrea. It has green flesh that can be seen when the polyps aren't so happy and open.

P4050097.JPG

Darth Maul porites, the polyps are always out but you can still make out the hot pink flesh :)

P4050088.JPG

Hypostatic loves Gonioporas. Mine has been happy and growing. It's my first goni.

P4050098.JPG

Gorgonian

P4050122.JPG

Remember Mr. Coral? This is one of the survivors of his infamous dead coral legacy. Hellboy favia. Has lived no matter what.

P4050127.JPG

For reference Nov 15, 2011

IMG_3407.JPG

• Like 9

Found an old picture of the John Deere next to the PEA Gold coin leptastrea. It looks like the John deere slowly took over, I can only find one polyp of the PEA left. They were co-existing just fine for a couple of years, but the John Deere leptastres was patiently eating a polyp at a time, or growing over it or whatever.

Aug 2013

20130830_172058.jpg

July 2014

20140712_101301.jpg

• Like 3

How much you feeding the anthias?

Twice a day. mysis or Larry's. Sometimes pellets, flakes.

Mysis 2 cubes.

Do they look okay? I think they're on the thin side, I've been feeding medicated foods once a week.

No fancy pictures of the rabbit??? I love mine. She is such a social butterfly. But my wrasse made it through the lid so now she is sad and lonely :( such funny personalities.

They don't look thin, but they don't look plump either. Bellies aren't pinched so prob ok. I feed twice a day also, simliar variety, as much as they'll eat each time.

No fancy pictures of the rabbit??? I love mine. She is such a social butterfly. But my wrasse made it through the lid so now she is sad and lonely :( such funny personalities.

!! My wrasse and rabbit are BFFs also!

P4050110.JPG

• Like 5

541634_10204767093029797_431564855756627

We're planning on replacing him with a pink streaked wrasse. It will be interesting to see if she decides to be buddies with him, the kole tang, or the flame angel when they're added. Any new fish she hangs out with for a bit and then she goes back (or went back) to the wrasse. She picked sand with the sand sifting goby for a couple dasys and she hung out and picked at rocks with the mandies. lol Is your rabbit also the welcome comittee for new comers?

• Like 1