inTank Media Baskets

Kat's Birthday Party

metrokat

That is one big colony "frag" Kat...I have heard a company shipping them in Cheato Cheap, easy,and provides that little extra give to the bag.

Is that the evil stuff growing in your Setosa?

Yup, evil grows in between the setosa folds. It's easy to remove but comes back. This time when I remove it, I'll put a dab of glue or small ball of epoxy down to see if it helps.

KATTTTTT, one of the SPS gods.

how are pink pociloporas and how are blue tip green slimers. Are they hardy at all? easy to kill?

:lol:

Both are very hardy.

TheKleinReef

those pics made me smile! i'm glad to see this tank doing well again. I wanted to give up on my tank a few times, but getting through the rough patches is pretty rewarding, albeit very stressful. I just wish i could get some frags of my Katropora out to people. I feel like I'm not doing my duty.

• Like 2

those pics made me smile! i'm glad to see this tank doing well again. I wanted to give up on my tank a few times, but getting through the rough patches is pretty rewarding, albeit very stressful. I just wish i could get some frags of my Katropora out to people. I feel like I'm not doing my duty.

Thanks. Just think, when you go home, and make ALL those frags......

• Like 1
TheKleinReef

Thanks. Just think, when you go home, and make ALL those frags......

Maybe i should plan a trip home.

probably around early June. I'll see when I can get home and update the Katropora thread letting everyone know.

• Like 1
TheKleinReef

You'd make a trip just to frag that Kat :wub: , and this is supposed to endear me to your parents how? Corals over mom. She's going to take a beating stick to you and me.

hahah. not to just frag the kat. but to see friends, family, celebrate my birthday, take tank pics, etc. hahah

my mom doesn't like fragging anything, she's veryyyyyyyyy against it.

• Like 1

So do you think your refugium keeps nitrates under control? Do you even know what your nitrates are? :D I'm ready to try bio-pellets after I get back from vacation and if, and only if, I lose color in the new frags I purchased for no other apparent reason. I don't have a fuge, just a sucky little algae scrubber that does nothing.

So do you think your refugium keeps nitrates under control? Do you even know what your nitrates are? :D I'm ready to try bio-pellets after I get back from vacation and if, and only if, I lose color in the new frags I purchased for no other apparent reason. I don't have a fuge, just a sucky little algae scrubber that does nothing.

Haven't tested nitrates in a while. :blush:

Water change today, then tests tomorrow.

Best way to ensure that is to NOT ship it to veng

:lol:

You can ship it to me tho

I have a few others that I want too

I think I'm cursed, can't ship things, can receive things, USPS, fedex, UPS, they all hate me.

• Like 2
Pinner Reef

I think I'm cursed, can't ship things, can receive things, USPS, fedex, UPS, they all hate me.

I suck at this too... So much so I've given up trying

I suck at this too... So much so I've given up trying

I have no idea if I'm good at it or not because no carrier has ever delivered to me on time or delivered to who I send it to on time...

• Like 1

So good to be back home. Big water change planned for today, siphon, clean, scrub, glue. All planned for the next several weeks. Need to get this tank in shape again. Bali green slimer has taken over the left rock, it needs to be severely pruned. So big colonies will be available for sale soon.

Thank you. Your TOTM is the perfect low maintenance tank I feel. And the soft textures make for a such a soothing composition. I like it a lot, congratulations.

Thanks, Kat! :flower: That's some high praise to live up to :blush:

The latest pictures look fantastic. Such a change from what you've been through a few months ago, too. Thank you for sharing everything that's happened - good and bad. For some reason, I always seem to learn as much from other people's mistakes than their successes :)

Nobody liked batman?

I like Batman. He looks like...well...Batman :D

• Like 1