Coral Vue Hydros

Kat's Birthday Party

metrokat

Is she alright?

yeah, just took a couple tries to get the right formula to supplement. First couple types caused gas and reflux which makes for a cranky baby.

In a bold move by Dad, I tossed the stuff from the pediatrician aside and got out all the sample containers, chose wisely, and for the love of god it worked.

• Like 3

My niece had to have soy, the other formulas did not work for her. It's hard to find the right brand for your baby, they are little, it's upsetting to see them having problems. But sampling is about all you can do till you get it right.

The soy stuff was the one from the pediatrician, oh my lord it smells like stinky cheese and tastes like vomit.. yah i tried it.. <shrugs>. Enfamil gentlease is the winner. She does fine on the bewb milk so I figured it had to be the formula.

• Like 3

Charro says hello. She's never on the glass so I think she wanted me to see the perfectly matched cyano outfit she's wearing. She's a Tuxedo Urchin but is very pink.

20150317_143049.jpg

By contrast this is Tarte. Who is rather nekkid these days.

20150317_143433.jpg

• Like 9

Thought about getting one just because they're kinda neat. I already have a problem with the fish moving things around, so what's one more critter? eh.. maybe it'll pick up the frag and actually prevent it from getting lost in the rocks or buried for good. Can you remove what they have on their backs or does that cause harm?

Lookin good Kat. I love that Myagi :) Your pink urchin is pretty bad ass, I've been thinking about getting another one myself, but I kinda wanna get a starfish, not to sure if they would compete with eachother for microalgaes to much tho, be my luck they would both starve eachother out :(

• Like 1
NorthGaHillbilly

The soy stuff was the one from the pediatrician, oh my lord it smells like stinky cheese and tastes like vomit.. yah i tried it.. <shrugs>. Enfamil gentlease is the winner. She does fine on the bewb milk so I figured it had to be the formula.

Keep up the boobie juice as long as possible, hard to argue with the positives

This has been one of the strangest threads I think I've ever read on a forum. I've spent all week reading this! It's like a good book, hard to put down. haha. Tank looks great! Hopefully mine will look as good one day. Of course I haven't made a lot of progress so far. Three months and I'm still working on the plumbing, sump, overflow box, ordering more parts, and just starring blankly at the pile of money/ empty tank. :( Oh well. Everyone says patience is the key in this hobby.

• Like 1

A couple months of that was straight reading and research! I don't like to jump into anything unless I have a good grasp on what I'm doing. Very unmanly of me, right? lol. Who needs directions? :unsure:

Mr. Microscope

Wow! That tort is really something. What do you think has made the difference with the new intense blue color? T5's? New stability? Anything else?

A couple months of that was straight reading and research! I don't like to jump into anything unless I have a good grasp on what I'm doing. Very unmanly of me, right? lol. Who needs directions? :unsure:

:lol:

Research is all too important! I started my upgrade plans and documents 8/10 weeks before I started a thread.

Wow! That tort is really something. What do you think has made the difference with the new intense blue color? T5's? New stability? Anything else?

hi Mr. M. Tort looks great right. It's more to do with the camera picking up those colors when all my lights are on. IRL it is still more teal and purple than it is deep blue. It's still the bluest thing in my tank by a mile and all the shades I see in it are equally vibrant. It has to be the light, everything else is the same. I still dose potassium, I've been doing that for over 6 months. I just ran out of vitamin c. I also dose lugols, 5 drops 2,3 times a week.

• Like 2

Charro says hello. She's never on the glass so I think she wanted me to see the perfectly matched cyano outfit she's wearing. She's a Tuxedo Urchin but is very pink.

20150317_143049.jpg

By contrast this is Tarte. Who is rather nekkid these days.

20150317_143433.jpg

I don't know a thing about urchins but I have been looking at this pic. for the past 2 days I think I want one.

• Like 1