Cultivated Reef

Kat's Birthday Party

metrokat

I had to do an emergency fragging of the frag. STN. :(

I'm assuming this is the piece you showed me yesterday that didn't arrive exactly happy.... put the frag(s) on the sand in a lower light (corners) area (if you haven't already) and slowly move them (wait several days atleast and move them no more then a couple inches keeping them along the front of the tank still) inward then after about 2-2.5 weeks of doing this move them back up to the rack if they are improving good, if not continue to move them inwards on the sand and towards the middle center of the tank more under the light before bringing them up to the rockwork/ rack. Goodluck!!

• Like 1

I don't particularly like Rabbitfish. The one Benny has is rather pretty. I had reservations about getting one, they are large fish and I knew it would be a temporary resident. But I needed something for the bryopsis. Benny assured me it would eat Bryopsis. Okay then. I ordered a small scribbled rabbit from POTO and picked it up at the CT swap. Benny helped me ID the fish, it isn't the scribbled kind, but a 2 barred. Anyway. I didn't like the fish to begin with but his fright coloration and plastering himself to the rockwork behavior was fascinating. I also got Lyretail Anthias :wub: which TS calls "ugly" :rolleyes: .

Then 2 days later:

TS: I saw your new fish, I like it, it's very nice! Are you feeling okay? Usually you get very ugly fish

:blink:

He was talking about the rabbit.

20150313_162048.jpg

All this while he was lazy, not pecking at the rocks, just swimming about waiting for mysis. He got bolder each day, coming up to the feeding tool, not going blotchy and plastering himself every time I approached the tank. He sure as hell wasn't eating any bryopsis. :angry:

Glen the Rabbit loves caulerpa. He's been picking out the caulerpa leaves and roots from in between zoa polyps. I was afraid he would eat the polyps but I watched him closely, he only got the caulerpa. This fish can be hit or miss, they can develop a taste for soft corals and then everybody is in trouble. Today I put a caulerpa covered rock from the fuge into the DT. Boy did he go to town!

I dipped some bryopsis frags in peroxide today. And literally an hour later I SEE HIM EATING THE BRYOPSIS! :oomgomgomg

Now I want to pet him, scratch his chin... such a good wabbit. :)

• Like 9

Glen and Mark Sanchez (the 6 line) are buddies, they hang out together. Mark does a little dance for him too, jerking and turning almost upside down when they are very close together WTF. None of the other fish are scared of him either, which is strange to me.

He sure poops a lot.

• Like 1

How much peroxide to water did you use?

almost 100 to 0. Count to 45, pull frag out. When I do a 50-50, I let them soak for 3 minutes.

Nice job training your rabbit :D

Cracks me up that TS thinks he's so much prettier than your usual "ugly" fish :)

inorite? The other day he took a run at the tank to get the rabbit to go blotchy. Didn't work. :lol:
  • Like 1

I'm back from the vacay!!

When I got back winter has hit me like a ton of bricks. I miss the tropics already smiley_cry.gif

20150308_133354.jpg

I see tho goni is doing very well :happy: and the dendro looks happy too!

• Like 1

Bluezoo sent me a virgate by mistake, she had a great personality though! I just wanted my fancy scribbled rabbit more... lol

Yeah. If Benny lived closer might have had to nap his fish.

I'm back from the vacay!!

When I got back winter has hit me like a ton of bricks. I miss the tropics already smiley_cry.gif

I see tho goni is doing very well :happy: and the dendro looks happy too!

You're back!!!! yay. How was Amsterdam?

It's actually warm these days, no single digit temperatures, it even touched upper 50s this past week.

Yeah the goni is happy, the clown fish tried to mollycoddle in it earlier today, shook itself in the tentacles and pissed it off.

Dendro's baby is growing too.