Pod Your Reef

Kat's Birthday Party

metrokat

Hypo has a waterproof camera so he just basically dunked his arm in the tank and was trigger happy. I couldn't believe the results. 90% of the images did not need any color or light correction.

It scared/frealed out Kat a bit. Good times.

• Like 3

Time to re-do the fuge end of the plumbing. This is what it looks like right now after I took off the spray bar

20150408_130906.jpg

First I'm going to extend the pipe to the edge of the sump and recover the few inches that are wasted on the end there.

But after that not sure about what to do, if anything special, for the water to enter the fuge.

Also, the right angle going into the fuge, should that be a 45 degree? I thought I read somewhere that right angles can build up an air pocket.

• Like 1

Did you take the scrubber offline? In other news, got some seachem stability for my tank. Didn't have any Dr Tims at the LFS. Will try to get some uncured rock this weekend.

• Like 1

How come? I was almost ready to get one up and runnin after seein yours incorporated.

Not enough space to have a scrubber and a fuge like the ones I have. Benny put his scrubber screen on suction cups and submerged it which I may still do.

Yes I am

But they don't do much good. They clog fast because they are only a couple of inches above the waterline. Fear of overflowing made me not install a sock holder and there isn't room for one anyway

Why even bother altering the drain for the fuge. Ur gaining maybe 2-3 inches? And you dont have to do anything special for elbows going into the fuge. It shouldnt vapor lock.

• Like 1

Why even bother altering the drain for the fuge. Ur gaining maybe 2-3 inches? And you dont have to do anything special for elbows going into the fuge. It shouldnt vapor lock.

Well, the light is off center. And it's not color co-ordinated. :huh:

• Like 1

Leave the fuge alone please. :)

more you tinker, the more likley you are to break something

next you will try to find all pink parts to work with your custom reactor :wub:

MOAR Hypostatic pictures.

Dendro now has 2 babies

P4050052.JPG

P4050060.JPG

P4050083.JPG

P4050089.JPG

P4050093.JPG

Big polyp size on these mauls.

P4050094.JPG

P4050092.JPG

The color on your lighting is so crisp and nice. What temperature/color are you using in these pictures? I'd like to mimic this. Nice tank.

• Like 2

So we stickin with shaggy green acro.. looks like ORA branching hydnophora.

It's really not. The coral is rounded, not angular like Hydnophoras are. The polyps are very clearly in coralites that are staggered. Further the polyps are those typical 5-6 tentacle per coralite kind. Hydbophora polyps are almost like a continuous starfish looking thing like so:

hydnophora-coral-house-of-fins.jpg

This pic shows the polyps better

hydnophora-sky-blue-2t.jpg

Hydnophora%20Macro.JPG

• Like 2