Pod Your Reef

Kat's Birthday Party

metrokat

Weather has been great here for 2 weeks now. I got burnt trout fishing this weekend.

Now you're just being mean. But I don't like it that hot, 50's and 60s is perfect for me. Too much sun will burn me.

• Like 1

Caught a small shark this weekend :)

FB_IMG_1428939881321_zps6usgglrg.jpg

Also there's a leopard wrasse at my lfs for $25. I really want it but I know they are difficult. Any opinions?

• Like 3

Also there's a leopard wrasse at my lfs for $25. I really want it but I know they are difficult. Any opinions?

What'd you do with the shark?

I haven't kept a leopard but I am told they can be shy and might be difficult to get to eat.

jedimasterben

FB_IMG_1428939881321_zps6usgglrg.jpg

You look kinda disappointed lol.

You've got about a 75% chance of it dying if it's fresh from the sea, just the reality of it. If it's been at the store for some time now (at least a week), then that chance drops considerably. Most come in with damaged mouths and can't eat and die very quickly.

• Like 2

What'd you do with the shark?

A bit of lemon pepper and salt, then slapped on the grill lol it was good

Fyi that's an adult bonnethead. They don't get very large.

I figured about the wrasse. It has probably only been in the store a few days. I guess I'll pass on this one.

You look kinda disappointed lol.

You've got about a 75% chance of it dying if it's fresh from the sea, just the reality of it. If it's been at the store for some time now (at least a week), then that chance drops considerably. Most come in with damaged mouths and can't eat and die very quickly.

They are relentless about trying to hide in the sand and get the damaged mouth from dive bombing into the bottom. Internal parasites also seem to be an issue with them. It is also unnatural to see them pacing the tank back and forth along the glass. Even if it is eating, that is unnatural behavior, and it will not cease until they die.

• Like 2

If they eat at the store, then game on. They're active fish and have a lot of personality. The do burrow at night and when they're scared, so make sure you have a sandbed for them, and don't be overly concerned if you don't see it for a few days after you bring it home.

Question of the morning, How did Harry come back from death if he had dropped the resurrection stone in the forest?

Also - how can he not be dead dead when he was Avada Kadavaraed?

It's a good question. There was a theory that had to do with the Deathly Hallows (Elder Wand, Stone of Resurrection, and Cloak of Invisibility). If one possesses them all, they become the master of death. Harry possessed all three, therefore he was not killable.

#Supernerd

Now you're just being mean. But I don't like it that hot, 50's and 60s is perfect for me. Too much sun will burn me.

Wasn't hot at all. 75 degrees with a slight breeze. River was great.

Jedi I would have the same look on my face, damn trash fish ate my bait!

Once it hits the high 90's along the Texas Gulf coast , all we catch in the surf are bonnet heads along with baby black tips. Unless you use stingrays for bait ,then you'll get the big bull sharks and larger. We chunk them back.

A bit of lemon pepper and salt, then slapped on the grill lol it was good

Fyi that's an adult bonnet headhead. They don't get very large.

I figured about the wrasse. It has probably only been in the store a few days. I guess I'll pass on this one.

waaat. what does hammerhead taste like? lol

• Like 1

waaat. what does hammerhead taste like? lol

Not amazing but it wasn't bad. Probably won't keep them to eat again. I've caught and released them plenty of times before, just figured I'd eat this one to try it out once.
  • Like 2

people think I'm crazy for wearing hoodies and khakis all summer long but I dont get burnt, also I like it hot.

Does my wrasse look fat :unsure:

:lol:

He's always flaring at himself in the reflection. Idiot.

post-84861-0-50167000-1428984098_thumb.jpg

No it looks healthy

• Like 1
RayWhisperer

I'm not even gonna try keeping up with this thread. I come back after 4 days and it's 6 or more pages. WTF? I can't keep up with that.

• Like 2

I'm not even gonna try keeping up with this thread. I come back after 4 days and it's 6 or more pages. WTF? I can't keep up with that.

I gave up a few threads ago.

• Like 2

yeah :(

It's the foot though, not the ankle. So that's something to be thankful for.

No doubt...my wife had a bad sprain last year on her cruise to Mexico and she has issues wearing heels now :(

damn cruise medic told her she wouldn't be able to walk in heels again and that made her cry.

A year later and she still has soreness after wearing heels but after a few vodkas, she's dancing her life away hahah :D