SaltCritters.com

Kat's Birthday Party

metrokat

Pinner Reef

more like no mo skis for me. :owned:

It's swollen and hurts like hell with a lil bruising. I made it off the mtn by myself so I'm sure I'll be ok.

I get to use the preggers chair at the desk today.

• Like 2

Iced my foot for 3 days, that helped a LOT. I wore a thin sock and tied the ice pack to the foot with the other sock.

But I wasn;t able to walk normally today in Manhattan. Progress was slow and uncomfortable. Wearing sneakers made me realize I still have swelling, it was a tight fit.

• Like 1
Pinner Reef

Ya, I've got an ice pack on it which is soothing. Taking my ski boot off was absolutely horrible and the drive of shame equally bad as it's my right ankle.

• Like 1
RayWhisperer

It was only two pages since I last posted. I was able to handle reading that.

Why is it that every time I come in this thread, Kat e slaps me?

Awaiting another e slap, I guess.

• Like 1

Whoa, tank was at 81+ degrees. Temperature outside is supposed to go till the 80s today, in the 70s right now. Opened the cabinet doors and have a tower fan blowing on the whole tank. Came down to 80.7 which is fine.

The pico is at 83 degrees which is not good.

I had a fun Sunday. Met 3 old buddies , good meals, conversation. Walked about 8 miles in the city and visited the 9/11 memorial for the first time.

The freedom tower. Tallest building now in the western hemisphere.

20150419_164613.jpg

One of the pools. The footprints of the original building were made into these cascading pools with the names of those that were lost on the edges.

20150419_163525.jpg

20150419_164712.jpg

We didn't go into the museum but you could see this original structure of the twin towers through the windows

20150419_164415.jpg

• Like 6

Nice to see those pictures. I visited NYC just before they opened the reflection ponds to the public.

It's a deeply thoughtful memorial. More so for people that were a part of that awful time in history in real life instead of watching on TV. I rushed outside when the first tower pancaked on TV and saw the 2nd one crumble in front of my eyes. Just a really unbelievable memory even after all this time.

• Like 2